Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Program has been "Recording" for 2 days!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Program has been "Recording" for 2 days!

Old 04-03-2008, 13:58   #1
dazzah
Inactive

dazzah is an unknown quantity at this point
Program has been "Recording" for 2 days!

Afternoon all,

Anyone seen anything like this on the Sky+?

I was having some problems following thr storms with picture breakup, had a play with the dish and the picture seems to be coming through fine now.

However, there was a program that started recording on Monday morning, lasting 1 hour, and the planner is saying it is still recording.

The red recording light is not on, however the box is getting confuswed and saying other things are clashing, I guess because it thinks it is recording one thing already.

When we try to delete the errant recording, it says "deleting" and then just goes back to "Recording"

Any help most welcomed!

Dazzler.
dazzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2008, 17:54   #2
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby
Re: Program has been "Recording" for 2 days!

Have you tried restarting the box?
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 18:52   #3
dazzah
Inactive

dazzah is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried a couple of times, no joy
dazzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:16   #4
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Sounds stuffed. Mine sometimes is just blue on power on. Also beeps and whirrs of its own accord, randomly chooses to appear paused but not actually recording anything, forces me to exit mid-paused program, chops the end off recordings, fails to record for reasons known only to God, and randomly selects to record programs. Otherwise it's very reliable.

If it wasn't electrical, I'd be acquiring Holy water. Good luck with yours
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 11:39   #5
davyc
Inactive

davyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzah View Post
Afternoon all,

Anyone seen anything like this on the Sky+?

I was having some problems following thr storms with picture breakup, had a play with the dish and the picture seems to be coming through fine now.

However, there was a program that started recording on Monday morning, lasting 1 hour, and the planner is saying it is still recording.

The red recording light is not on, however the box is getting confuswed and saying other things are clashing, I guess because it thinks it is recording one thing already.

When we try to delete the errant recording, it says "deleting" and then just goes back to "Recording"

Any help most welcomed!

Dazzler.
I imagine you may have solved this problem now. However I can report a similar problem a while back. Eventually solved it by stopping the recording when a clash was reported. Then power-off reset.
DC
davyc is offline   Reply With Quote