Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2023, 20:37   #871
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To find out if they are cheaper people have to factor in what they're paying for the streaming services that are free on Sky & the cost of Now TV. In order to get Sky Atlantic (if you want these).
That’s right. However, I think Sky Atlantic is a spent force now. At the end of my current knock down deal, I’m cancelling it because it’s no better than other Sky channels now, which are mainly junk.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What’s going to end up on Virgin Stream that isn’t going to be on a V6?
The point of it is, you won’t be paying for loads of channels you don’t want.
Old 16-08-2023, 21:40   #872
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

You pay for content you don’t watch wherever you go. It’s a red herring.

If you really wanted to bin Virgin, you could. But don’t.
Old 16-08-2023, 21:55   #873
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this has been said but TNT Sports Ultimate is broadcasting in HDR right now, seems to be better than skys, though the logo is very bright
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 16-08-2023, 22:35   #874
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Wow what a price cut coming
When the UKTV channels were removed Virgin refused to cut subscription prices and started getting awkward when customers wanted to leave, so Ofcom had to get involved.
Old 16-08-2023, 22:42   #875
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Not sure if this has been said but TNT Sports Ultimate is broadcasting in HDR right now, seems to be better than skys, though the logo is very bright
Yes it was upgraded to HDR on 31st July, It was only SDR on Virgin when it was BT Sport...
Old 17-08-2023, 08:12   #876
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You pay for content you don’t watch wherever you go. It’s a red herring.

If you really wanted to bin Virgin, you could. But don’t.
I'll bin what I don't want when I'm ready.

There is no red herring. While you are right about paying for content you don't watch, it's a matter of degree. There's plenty on the streamers I want to watch, but if I exhaust the stuff I want to see on one streamer I can cancel it and put my money into another with no contract to worry about. There is very little on the TV channels now that is not easily available elsewhere.

Virgin Stream comes very close to what I am looking for, but I want all the popular streamers such as AppleTV+ on there before I make a move with all content capable of being added to my Virgin watchlist.

I'm hoping that by the end of 2024, when I'm out of contract, I'll be able to make my move.
Old 17-08-2023, 09:52   #877
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'll bin what I don't want when I'm ready
2035?
Old 17-08-2023, 12:14   #878
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

BT is dropping the AMC channel, i recall stating last year this was going to happen this year https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bt-tv-...g-amc-channel/
Quote:
In a surprising turn of events, BT TV subscribers received emails today announcing the removal of the long-running AMC channel from BT’s TV platform.

Effective September 28, 2023, both the linear AMC channel and all its on-demand content will no longer be available on BT TV.

From iconic shows like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, to more contemporary hits like Fear the Walking Dead, The AMC channel has been a staple on BT TV since its UK launch in 2015.

Of course, many of AMC’s programmes have also been available elsewhere in the UK (such as on Netflix, Disney+ and other streaming platforms) – but the channel was available at no extra cost on some of BT TV’s bundles, so it did bring with it some added value.

The decision to remove the AMC channel is bound to impact a significant number of viewers who have grown fond of the channel’s diverse content offerings, even though it’s been getting a bit… empty, in recent years.

But is this the end of AMC’s direct presence in the UK, or are we likely to see a UK version of their international streaming service – AMC+?
Old 17-08-2023, 12:20   #879
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

It wouldn't be hard to launch it on Amazon Prime Video channels and Apple TV channels via the Apple TV (not+ version) app at short notice.
Old 17-08-2023, 12:52   #880
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
It wouldn't be hard to launch it on Amazon Prime Video channels and Apple TV channels via the Apple TV (not+ version) app at short notice.
I think this is what will happen to start with then with apps for roku, firetvs, android etc rolling out.
Old 17-08-2023, 22:43   #881
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I think this is what will happen to start with then with apps for roku, firetvs, android etc rolling out.
I wonder if they might tie up with an existing provider as oppose to launching a stand-alone service? Perhaps Now TV, Paramount + or Amazon Prime?

Either way, the demise of AMC UK is not unexpected. It's been on the cards ever since the BT Sport-EuroSport announcement.
Old 17-08-2023, 22:45   #882
gilburton
cf.member

gilburton is an unknown quantity at this point

They will ditch the TV service and hand it over to sky and concentrate on Broadband.
Old 17-08-2023, 22:47   #883
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I wonder if they might tie up with an existing provider as oppose to launching a stand-alone service? Perhaps Now TV, Paramount + or Amazon Prime?

Either way, the demise of AMC UK is not unexpected. It's been on the cards ever since the BT Sport-EuroSport announcement.
Virgin crossed my mind as a launch partner in some way

AMC channel launched on Virgin Media Ireland in February, the social media pages stopped being updated a month later and BT subsequently stopped marketing the channel.

They did a deal with AMC Networks in some way but it wasn't announced.

AMC+ streaming bundle did launch a year ago with no app in Spain only available via some TV providers and Amazon Prime and Apple TV channels.
https://amcplus.es/conoce-amc/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 17-08-2023 at 23:15.
Old 17-08-2023, 23:03   #884
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Virgin crossed my mind as a launch partner.

AMC launched on Virgin Media Ireland in February, the social media pages stopped being updated a month later and BT subsequently stopped marketing the channel.

They did a deal with AMC Networks of some kind but it wasn't announced

AMC+ did launch a year ago with no app in Spain (which includes Acorn TV), only available via some TV providers and Amazon Prime and Apple TV channels
Seen reports on X that AMC may move to AMC +.

Will AMC axe the following channels next?

*Legend
*CBS Reality
*RealityXtra
*HorrorXtra

I know their own by CBS AMC Networks UK Channels Partnership but I feel AMC runs the channels on Paramount Global behalf and has no say in the day to day running of channels.

If anyone can find links to say I am wrong - I apologize.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 17-08-2023, 23:06   #885
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Seen reports on X that AMC may move to AMC +.

Will AMC axe the following channels next?

*Legend
*CBS Reality
*RealityXtra
*HorrorXtra

I know their own by CBS AMC Networks UK Channels Partnership but I feel AMC runs the channels on Paramount Global behalf and has no say in the day to day running of channels.

If anyone can find links to say I am wrong - I apologize.
Doesn't look like the channels will be closing the channels anytime soon, a New content group was launched recently
[https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2023...s-uk-and-emea/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 18-08-2023 at 00:48.
Closed Thread