Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2021, 19:39   #5221
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nor will they if they are vaccinated. Something you don’t appear to have grasped. Glad to have been of help.
A simplistic outlook - not matched by the actions of Her Majesty's Government.

People who have been vaccinated are in hospital with Covid. Clearly you have not been paying attention to Mr Hancock.

Quote:
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds, coming from you? It is your modus operandi to attack the person and ignore the point being made. Particularly when you don’t have a credible argument.
Once again OB you've come into a thread and made an erroneous statement for the sole purpose of contradicting me seemingly, because it's obviously not to improve what little credibility you have discussing the subject at hand.
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2021, 21:31   #5222
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
People who have been vaccinated are in hospital with Covid. Clearly you have not been paying attention to Mr Hancock.
are they? How many? What Vaccine? What are your information sources?

Quote:
Once again OB you've come into a thread and made an erroneous statement for the sole purpose of contradicting me seemingly, because it's obviously not to improve what little credibility you have discussing the subject at hand.
Doesn’t make what he said incorrect?
Old 20-05-2021, 22:01   #5223
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Covid: Six Indian variant hospitalisations in Bolton despite vaccine - Hancock
Old 20-05-2021, 22:09   #5224
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

Doesn’t make what he said incorrect?
Matt Hancock confirmed a number late last week.

That 100% makes Old Boy’s statement incorrect.

I will remind you his exact words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY
Nor will they if they are vaccinated.
In response to the statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman
Or the fact people don't get hospitalised immediately upon testing positive
At a straightforward level a single patient proves OB wrong. We do know it is more than that.

Your questions are very pertinent to the Government’s next steps, but irrelevant as to the accuracy or otherwise of OB’s claim.

Last edited by jfman; 20-05-2021 at 22:26.
Old 20-05-2021, 22:36   #5225
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Matt Hancock confirmed a number late last week.
That you appear not to know?

Quote:
That 100% makes Old Boy’s statement incorrect.
well you haven’t offered the evidence of that so percentage wise.......I’m struggling to assign a weighting.

Quote:
I will remind you his exact words:

In response to the statement
The vaccines (pretty much all of them) so far, have been proven to reduce serious symptoms and hospitalisation by the high 90% ages.

If you want to disprove OB’s statement by stating just 1no. Exception disproves the rule.........well that is a bit ****, is it not?

At a straightforward level a single patient proves OB wrong. We do know it is more than that.

Your questions are very pertinent to the Government’s next steps, but irrelevant as to the accuracy or otherwise of OB’s claim.[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

5? I’m literally shitting myself.
Old 20-05-2021, 22:39   #5226
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
I didn’t need to quantify it for the purpose of replying to your (or his) point.

Quote:
The vaccines (pretty much all of them) so far, have been proven to reduce serious symptoms and hospitalisation by the high 90% ages.
My bold.

Quote:
If you want to disprove OB’s statement by stating just 1no. Exception disproves the rule.........well that is a bit ****, is it not?
It could easily have been avoided had he not made a statement, and not for the first time, that was demonstrably false.

Quote:
You should probably see a doctor about that.

However rest easy, we have the best minds in the country working on this and the incredibly competent Conservative Government ready to take decisive and clear action as and when required. No need for a Captain Hindsight or sitting in the fence with this mob. Following the science.
Old 20-05-2021, 22:43   #5227
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

well you haven’t offered the evidence of that so percentage wise.......I’m struggling to assign a weighting.

Quote:

Your questions are very pertinent to the Government’s next steps, but irrelevant as to the accuracy or otherwise of OB’s claim.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

You may wish to take a COVID test…

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...om-of-covid-19
Quote:
People with COVID-19 report a wide range of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe. Of these, the most common include fever, a cough, shortness of breath, and fatigue.

However, some studies show that many people with the disease also experience gastrointestinal issues such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Sometimes, they can even occur before people develop more common signs of COVID-19, such as a fever or lower respiratory tract symptoms.

For example, one study found that around 10%Trusted Source of patients presented with diarrhea and nausea 1–2 days before developing fever and shortness of breath.

Some people may experience gastrointestinal issues as the only sign of COVID-19, without more common flu-like symptoms.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-05-2021, 22:47   #5228
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
=Pierre;36080280<SNIP>

It may well have been the entire ethnic vaccinated cohort in Bolton.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-05-2021, 03:56   #5229
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

All of them had also only had their first dose, not both.

Also, no information on when they had that dose - it takes time to have any effect.

Quote:
five people have been hospitalised in Bolton with the Indian variant of Covid-19, despite having had their first vaccine dose.
Not to mention of course that everyone is different, some peoples immune system is natually weak anyway.

Again, no information on the five, are they old, young, got other conditions, mildly ill, seriously ill ........ at least they did mention the 6th was "frail".

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 21-05-2021, 08:20   #5230
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
All of them had also only had their first dose, not both.

Also, no information on when they had that dose - it takes time to have any effect.

Not to mention of course that everyone is different, some peoples immune system is natually weak anyway.

Again, no information on the five, are they old, young, got other conditions, mildly ill, seriously ill ........ at least they did mention the 6th was "frail".
100% agree all of these are the key questions.
Old 21-05-2021, 16:21   #5231
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Boris in the press:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
'Nothing in data' to suggest England will deviate from 21 June plan to lift restrictions, says PM

Boris Johnson has said he has not seen any signs that he will have to “deviate” from his plans to scrap all coronavirus restrictions in England by next month, with no intention for so-called vaccine passports to be required to gain entry to pubs.

PA reports:

Speaking to broadcasters in Portsmouth on Friday, the UK prime minister said: “We will be letting everybody know exactly what sort of arrangements to expect for June 21.

“But what I can tell you, and just to stress that I am still seeing nothing in the data that leads me to think that we’re going to have to deviate from the road map - obviously we must remain cautious but I’m seeing nothing that makes me think we have to deviate.

“But on June 21 and vaccine certification - or Covid status certification I should say - people should bear in mind that I don’t see any prospect of certificates to go into pubs or anything else.”

Pressed on whether the public will continue to be asked to wear masks, Johnson replied: “We will let people know as much as we possibly can by the end of the month about weddings, for instance.

“All the details we’ll try and let people know by the end of the month about exactly where we think we’ll be on June 21, Step 4.”
What Stage 4 says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov.uk
Step 4 - not before 21 June
Social contact
By Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.

Business, activities and events
We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.
A long way to go before no social restrictions otherwise the messaging would be much more definitive.

I don't think something will happen is a substantially different statement from saying something won't happen.
Old 21-05-2021, 16:57   #5232
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

There is this rather than the normal doom & gloom.

Quote:
COVID-19 vaccines currently being deployed in the fight against the pandemic in Europe appear able to protect against all variants that are circulating and causing concern, the World Health Organization's regional director said on Thursday.
https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ys-2021-05-20/
Old 21-05-2021, 17:05   #5233
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Yes, just like if only one linear channel remains in 2035, that proves you right.

What a strange way it is that you look at things. A kind of Donald Trump mentality, where you can never be wrong and you take an extreme position to be able to say you were right.

There’s really no point in having a discussion if you are going to indulge in that degree of pedantry.
Old 21-05-2021, 18:07   #5234
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
People with COVID-19 report a wide range of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe. Of these, the most common include fever, a cough, shortness of breath, and fatigue.

However, some studies show that many people with the disease also experience gastrointestinal issues such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Sometimes, they can even occur before people develop more common signs of COVID-19, such as a fever or lower respiratory tract symptoms.

For example, one study found that around 10%Trusted Source of patients presented with diarrhea and nausea 1–2 days before developing fever and shortness of breath.

Some people may experience gastrointestinal issues as the only sign of COVID-19, without more common flu-like symptoms.

Probably down to the Korma that their nan served up.
Old 21-05-2021, 20:00   #5235
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
There is this rather than the normal doom & gloom.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ys-2021-05-20/
Without stating just how effective - which is key to a return to normal.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, just like if only one linear channel remains in 2035, that proves you right.

What a strange way it is that you look at things. A kind of Donald Trump mentality, where you can never be wrong and you take an extreme position to be able to say you were right.

There’s really no point in having a discussion if you are going to indulge in that degree of pedantry.
If you are going to concede the linear television debate then at least do it in one of those threads. If you claim it will not be economically viable then yes, one or a small number of channels proves you wrong.

FWIW I expect more than that but anyone with genuine interest can read those threads not this one.
Closed Thread