Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is my friend's laptop doomed?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

LoadPowerprofile twice

Old 27-06-2003, 15:58   #1
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
LoadPowerprofile twice

Checking the startup settings in msconfig I've noticed that Loadpowerprofile is appearing twice. How do I correct this
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2003, 16:02   #2
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
delete one of the entrys
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 16:31   #3
downquark1
cf.mega poster

downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
How? Or do you mean disable?
Old 27-06-2003, 18:57   #4
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age
You can either disable one entry in msconfig or delete one of the entries in your registry. As I recall the location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\and then there are various folders called Run something where most of the entries are for stuff that starts when your machine boots (This thing is dumb - from HKEY on should be one line but it won't show it that way).

One's in Run Services, I forget where the other is because I deleted it ages ago: probably Run or RunOnce.

You should know that two instances of PowerProfile _is_ the standard default - it's not an error. There is some obscure reason that I can't recall now for two instances being started, but lots of people delete one of them - it seems to lead to less crashes from RunDll, and some people delete both instances.

If you're Ok with the registry, that's cool: but don't mess with it if you're not; just disable one of the instances in msconfig. And if you do delete one or both registry entries, make sure you back them up first.
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2003, 10:54   #5
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by downquark1
How? Or do you mean disable?
Yep, sorry meant disable. As Patrickp said, it is fine just to disable it, however it you want to completely remove it, you will need to edit the registry.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2003, 11:05   #6
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Hmm it is suppose to be there:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

I thought it had just appeared recently
Old 28-06-2003, 15:14   #7
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age
Ah, yes, that's the reason - thanks DQ1!

I suppose that means you need the two instances if you're using multiple profiles on your machine. I don't, though, and I'm fairly certain that RunDll crashes are less frequent with only one instance. (Some time since I've seen one, actually!)
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 22:52   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp
One's in Run Services, I forget where the other is because I deleted it ages ago: probably Run or RunOnce.
I have been wondering about this lately. I found a thread on CTH last week and then I just found this when I was scanning this base..

I only use 1 profile on my computer yet I have 2 loadpowerprofile entries in startup...

One is in RUN and the other in RUNSERVICES.....

Which 1 is safe to delete w/o hurting the current running profile??

Anything I can do to help My computer I do wanna do!!

I look at task manager and I dont see 2 of any process running.........

If I delete one of these could it help? and Which one to remove??

EDIT:

Why is Kernel32 only HI Priority instead of Realtime? (Shouldnt it be RT??)
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.png (35.2 KB, 12 views)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 00:10   #9
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: LoadPowerprofile twice

That's one of the best necros you've resurrected from the far gone past, have you heard of a UK politician called Jacob Rees Mogg, you'd probably get on famously.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 00:57   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I normally just delete these pointless zombie thread bumps but here I’m genuinely curious whether anyone still has the expertise to answer the query …
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:36   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Run is user specific, and items only run when you log on.
Runservices items are run as part of your PC start-up.

If you have a power profile in both, and they are identical, you probably dont need the 'run' one.
However, having both will not harm anything.

Kernel32.dll should be High, almost nothing should be RT (DDHelp is direct draw, ie your display).

In short, leave them alone unless you know (really know) what you are doing.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 00:15   #12
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Thanx Paul,I guess ill leave it be.... No I dont know all there is to know sadly

Hmm about DDHELP ... Sometimes when Im doing a disk cleanup,etc... I end task on that (to free up some resources) and things still work fine.... Makes ya wonder is it really needed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I normally just delete these pointless zombie thread bumps but here I’m genuinely curious whether anyone still has the expertise to answer the query …
Thank you Chris for leaving my reply... It wasnt a Joke.. I am clearly wondering of it...

I found a thread on CTH on the XP base which was sorta talking of this so I replied but sadly CTH is about dead now.... Hardily anyone so I was hopefull to get an answer here

Heres the thread:

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/showthr...4615?styleid=7

Last edited by Dude111; 12-09-2022 at 00:28.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote