Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Refund of my PAYG Virgin Mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Refund of my PAYG Virgin Mobile

Old 10-12-2021, 12:10   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Refund of my PAYG Virgin Mobile

I have a PAYG virgin mobile and I phoned Virgin to get a refund and got a foirine person who I could not understand.

I need to speak to sone that I can understand
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2021, 17:04   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: refund of my PAYG virgin Mobile

I was thinking about a refund too. I wonder if it will be credited to my VM account? Or will they make it vanish?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 17:29   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Are you both staying with VMO2 or moving elsewhere? If staying with VMO2 but moving to pay monthly PAYG balance will be credited on you first months bill.

If moving perhaps try online chat?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 18:18   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Are you both staying with VMO2 or moving elsewhere? If staying with VMO2 but moving to pay monthly PAYG balance will be credited on you first months bill.

I am moving to another provider
Old 10-12-2021, 20:17   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I am moving to another provider
Me too, Asda PAYG looks best for me.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:50   #6
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

I just want a refund.

I can not understand the agent
Old 11-12-2021, 11:14   #7
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Refund of my PAYG Virgin Mobile

I'm a little lost here

Years ago I had a PAYG on O2, I used to throw £10 on it, then when that was almost used up I'd throw another £10 at it.

How much are people putting on VM PAYG phones, and how often?

Or is it a contract for the phone itself that a refund is required for?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:29   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I'm a little lost here

Years ago I had a PAYG on O2, I used to throw £10 on it, then when that was almost used up I'd throw another £10 at it.

How much are people putting on VM PAYG phones, and how often?

Or is it a contract for the phone itself that a refund is required for?
VM won't offer PAYG Sims any longer which means users have to move providers.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...onthly%20plans.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:32   #9
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
VM won't offer PAYG Sims any longer which means users have to move providers.
Right, I see . . . but what is the 'refund' for?

Is it for the £4:38p remaining on the sim?
Old 11-12-2021, 11:44   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Never heard of a refund on payg, use it or lose it.
Definitely don't be conned into a contract with VM to transfer a few quid.

£5 a month on ASDA, 6gb data unlimited text/talk , no contract/tie in, or just payg at very cheap rates, suits me.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:21   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I guess it's for the amount on the SIM it may not be much for some people but why should VM gain £millions from unused credit they should be forced to refund everyone.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:36   #12
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I guess it's for the amount on the SIM it may not be much for some people but why should VM gain £millions from unused credit they should be forced to refund everyone.
Yeah, see the point.

Perhaps VM are quite happy for folk to use their unused credit by phoning (offshore) call centers, and being given the run around until the credit runs out
Old 11-12-2021, 13:06   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:

The refund is for what is remaining on the SIM
Old 11-12-2021, 13:09   #14
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
The refund is for what is remaining on the SIM
Got it now, ta
Old 11-12-2021, 13:51   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Ken it says here:-
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...as-you-closing
Quote:
You can request a refund for any leftover credit by registering your details with us at Your Account, then calling 789.
A right kerfuffle to have to set up an account so you can cancel ! Sounds like a ploy to sell a contract to you when ringing up to get your credit back.

If it was me I'd forget the £4, and go elsewhere.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote