Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 07-04-2020, 23:41   #61
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: PS5 thread

I think I like it.

Also I'm sure the colouring will be an indication that the console will have a similar design and colour.
Old 07-04-2020, 23:58   #62
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I'm in the same boat, I like the shape and I suspect the console will be white and black.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

I have my concerns about that lightbar shining in my face! Hope it isn't an issue but the current PSVR with camera won't work.
Old 08-04-2020, 00:34   #63
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

It may work, it looks like the light goes round to the back too. It will be pointless going right round the touch pad thing though I think. Sony are slowly nailing the pad it seems.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 00:42   #64
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The battery life better be longer!

Now that rumble is removed I can't wait to feel what has replaced it.
Old 08-04-2020, 00:55   #65
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Well it can't be worse haha. It was the light that killed that battery. It is going to be interesting just to see where the consoles start and end. Both are more or less new consoles from when they launched.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19   #66
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Well it can't be worse haha. It was the light that killed that battery. It is going to be interesting just to see where the consoles start and end. Both are more or less new consoles from when they launched.
The lights still there, just moved.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:56   #67
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Love the look of the controller now, some people have changed the colour schemes though which make it look even better.
Old 08-04-2020, 20:50   #68
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The battery life better be longer!

Now that rumble is removed I can't wait to feel what has replaced it.
I think the rumble is still there but they have added haptic feedback on the L2 and R2 buttons. Might be a better version of what Microsoft did with the X1 triggers.
Old 08-04-2020, 22:19   #69
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes think it's there in the grips, but in the triggers they have tension I think, looking forward to it all now.

Not going to get the Xbox I don't have time for 2 consoles and prefer first party on PS.
Old 13-05-2020, 20:02   #70
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Today an Unreal Engine 5 tech demo has been released running on the Playstation 5.

I am really impressed, and coming from a pure console gamer for me this is Next Gen.

Best to watch full screen and crank up the video resolution.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 13-05-2020 at 20:07.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 20:33   #71
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

That engine is simply amazing. I think next gen is going to be unbelievable.
Old 13-05-2020, 20:50   #72
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That engine is simply amazing. I think next gen is going to be unbelievable.
When i first saw the demo i thought it was a new Tomb Raider! They should make that into a game.

Just to add it was running in 1440p with temporal accumulation which essentially adds detail from prior frames to increase resolution in the current one, i believe native 4K is such a waste if doing that improves the quality of frame rates with no real visible difference and it didn't even use Ray Tracing.
Old 13-05-2020, 21:15   #73
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I would happily buy that if it was a real game. The lighting mechanic seemed really cool.
Old 30-05-2020, 16:11   #74
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

A PS5 Games Showcase has been announced for June 4th 9pm GMT.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05...playstation-5/
Old 30-05-2020, 17:32   #75
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I guess they won't be showing off the final console design then, just the games.