Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 22-12-2021, 20:06   #1126
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
but no you decided to post in a passive aggressive way.
Is that like when you refuse to accept someone else’s answer and continue to try to push your interpretation on them, even after they’ve explained their position and asked you leave it?
Old 22-12-2021, 20:11   #1127
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Is that like when you refuse to accept someone else’s answer and continue to try to push your interpretation on them, even after they’ve explained their position and asked you leave it?
Because nothing helps a person with mental health issues, present or past, like badgering them about it…

(btw, to avoid confusion, I’m agreeing with you).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 20:16   #1128
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Because nothing helps a person with mental health issues, present or past, like badgering them about it…

(btw, to avoid confusion, I’m agreeing with you).
Who was I badgering with a mental illness. Russ says he was controlling his depression and I asked a couple of times about addiction to highlight a point about chemicals
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 20:22   #1129
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

I thought it was a right said Fred poster.
Old 22-12-2021, 20:24   #1130
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Who was I badgering with a mental illness. Russ says he was controlling his depression and I asked a couple of times about addiction to highlight a point about chemicals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Maybe I was feeling targeted and bullied by your persistence that I must be addicted to the gym?

Swings and roundabouts.
Quote:
You asked and I said I wasn’t but you kept on, giving the impression you weren’t satisfied with my response. I don’t need to justify/explain what I don’t have.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

I’m surprised that you claim to have any real understanding of it for others given how unique and individual each case of depression is.
Quote:
So we’re agreed that a someone previously suffering depression does not automatically make them any kind of authority on how it affects other sufferers? Good, glad we got there eventually.

I don’t care whether you think anything I do is good or bad. You put forward a suggestion, I put you right on it, you refused to accept it.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 22-12-2021 at 20:27.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 20:31   #1131
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Has the original title heading been answered?
The thread title didn't actually reflect the content of the linked article. There was no mention of "getting tough". It was about the launch of the Met's Online Hate Crime Hub.

Has the OHCH done it's job? You judge:
https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/met...ate-crime-hub/
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 20:50   #1132
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Topic! It’s not about mental health or illness or going to the gym. It’s about online trolls so let’s get back to it.
Old 22-12-2021, 20:53   #1133
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

It could be argued that I’ve been a victim of online trolling tonight by said “badgering” and targeting.

The absolute irony of who by.

It doesn’t bother me though. But it’s a classic example of how this whole subject is doomed to failure. I said it before, none of the links in this thread has showed the ideas, changes etc have had any real effect.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 21:44   #1134
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It could be argued that I’ve been a victim of online trolling tonight by said “badgering” and targeting.

The absolute irony of who by.

It doesn’t bother me though. But it’s a classic example of how this whole subject is doomed to failure. I said it before, none of the links in this thread has showed the ideas, changes etc have had any real effect.
If I in any way made you feel like that then I whole heartedly apologise for it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 22:07   #1135
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It includes those born into the 2000s anyway Gen Z can be included with exactly the same reasoning
Hey look, those goal posts just got up and moved .........

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:
Exactly the whole point. Its [mostly] just a matter of someones opinion.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

In fact the who term "troll" has been hijacked by the media.

A troll was never (originally) someone handing out online 'abuse'.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 22:08   #1136
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
If I in any way made you feel like that then I whole heartedly apologise for it
Apology not asked for or required. I was just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-12-2021, 01:38   #1137
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

The problem is that today we have people who believe they have the right to go anywhere on the internet and never have a bad experience and now want that guaranteed by law which is ridiculous. If an individual keeps returning to a website where they have a negative response then they are making a choice to expose themself to that negative experience and it shouldn't be on the website to change to accommodate that individual.

It's down to common sense and personal responsibility, now if a person is followed wherever they go and individually targeted then that's different and the law already provided the means to deal with it. Right now we are seeing a huge expansion of censorship online and offline and often those demanding it say they support free speech while doing everything they can to close it down we are getting closer to Orwell's 1984 not further away
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 21:51   #1138
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Exclamation Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Another suicide, this time a paramedic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59741839.amp

Nobody knows what someone is going through in private and the effects that their actions can cause.

To question my disability because I have been successful in posting coherently is totally out of order. The two that are doing it have no idea what accessibility aids I use, how many people facilitate my attempts to lead a normal life or the number of times that I have had to edit or abandon posts.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
The problem is that today we have people who believe they have the right to go anywhere on the internet and never have a bad experience and now want that guaranteed by law which is ridiculous. If an individual keeps returning to a website where they have a negative response then they are making a choice to expose themself to that negative experience and it shouldn't be on the website to change to accommodate that individual.

It's down to common sense and personal responsibility, now if a person is followed wherever they go and individually targeted then that's different and the law already provided the means to deal with it. Right now we are seeing a huge expansion of censorship online and offline and often those demanding it say they support free speech while doing everything they can to close it down we are getting closer to Orwell's 1984 not further away
People do have the right not to be abused, harassed, discriminated against etc online and this is what these new laws aim to achieve.

The consultation has now closed, but you as an individual had the right to put your view forward.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 21:56   #1139
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To question my disability because I have been successful in posting coherently is totally out of order. The two that are doing it have no idea what accessibility aids I use, how many people facilitate my attempts to lead a normal life or the number of times that I have had to edit or abandon posts.
Yet you feel perfectly entitled to incorrectly comment and assume about the disability of others.

You won’t see it but the rest of us can see the irony of that post going in to orbit.

Just wow.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 30-12-2021, 22:00   #1140
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To question my disability because I have been successful in posting coherently is totally out of order.
No, its not.

You article link is broken, it should be https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59741839

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote