Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 16-03-2013, 11:04   #136
Jonnyn99
Inactive

Jonnyn99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

I was meant to be doing the training with them. Then after booking a hotel at the cost of £100 I was rang by some horrible cow from mj Quinn saying that there was now no work in my area. But i was speaking to a bt engineer and he said that quinn's have made such a mess to start with that bt have pulled some of the work with them, hence no work for me which is not such a big problem apart from I knocked back some work a week before.
Jonnyn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2013, 20:50   #137
copper
Inactive

copper is an unknown quantity at this point

due a 13 day course in march not sure now,notts area.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

like your honest thread.
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:06   #138
Jonnyn99
Inactive

Jonnyn99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_9936 View Post
M.J.Quinn (HAHA)
My Personnel experience of Quinns, never pay Out of Area Pay on Time.
I Waited over 3 Months after phoning the company and agency numerous times.
you need to pay for your accommodation when out of Area which is expensive cheapest £30 night which Quinns will give £30 day Out of Area Pay which you work 2 weeks in arrears but then you will need to pay for you fuel and food when away.
Quinns also Do Not give you fuel Card.
You will Need Money to start working for Quinns about £1500 to see you buy for first two weeks.
The Pay Depot have negative attitude towards you and never help.
All I will say is Quinns only care about money they earn not about there staff.
Ask the Question What is Staff Turnover?????????

if you need any further info please contact me..

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Agree.......
i so wish i had read this before shelling out for my hotel. they have been awful with me. just wish i hadnt knocked back some work i was offered a week ago!!
Jonnyn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 01:08   #139
stevetoonfan
Inactive

stevetoonfan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all, ive been with MJ Quinns since August i'd never worked on the BT network but have worked on verious data networks, I done the 5 day course at PQMS with 9 ex openreach engineers and didnt have a clue what they where talking about. But if your willing to learn and take it on board PQMS can stand you in good stead and unlike the new starters i was alone from day 1. if your willing to work hard the pay is very rewarding.
ive worked away a few times and ive never had one bit of trouble getting the correct pay, yes you pay for your digs and your fuel but believe me your better off with quinns (example working away £42.25 per job x 4 a day=£169 a day do the same for kellys you get £100 a day, work it out on a weekly basis thats £845 for quinns and £500 for the same work at kellys. Plus you can claim a milage allowance with quinns as you pay for you fuel and you cant with kellys or should i say you shouldnt because they pay for the fuel).
also quinns are given new starter every possibility to become good at their job if they see a problem they'll not finish you straight away they try and and iron that problem out i.e further training, on a one to one basis. all the new starters in my area are loving it even them thats never worked on the network untill now, yes it can be stressful, yes it can be very hard at times, and yes some ppl feel like walking away, but which job is perfect 100% of the time. if your not willing to give your all then in any job then you might aswell stay in the dole cue.

thanks for reading my post and yes i'll answer any questions
stevetoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 00:20   #140
Scubaboy
Inactive

Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

was at pqms for streetworks cert what a load of poop that place is
Scubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 20:04   #141
copper
Inactive

copper is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all is any one due training soon not sure when the next course is in april.awaiting details from quinn now.
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 16:09   #142
mirror41
Inactive

mirror41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quinns sound better to me ! ifn you are willing to try hard then it's a great job i have been doing it for 25 years BUT DONT EVER WORK for kellys they only pay £25 per job but if you have an e side problem and another enginner fixes it YOU LOSE £15 of your £25 they treat all engineers like crap unless you brown nose the bosses so they get there bonus. THay dont care about there staff you would be expected to work till midnight to complete the work, you might travel 500 miles in a day like i did from scotland to preston area, but if you dont complete you get a tenner i worked 14 hrs a day to start and earnt £128 for two weeks because they dont have a clue what there doing. AVOID kELLYS AT ALL COSTS .
mirror41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39   #143
Boogieboo
Inactive

Boogieboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all is any1 on the course for 1st April
Boogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 05:47   #144
giri5000
Inactive

giri5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers/ cowboys more like it

this MJ Quinn ltd is a pile of **** , iv never come across a more disorganised firm like this in my working life ,why are these big companies subbing out their work to these cowboy companies , there's no career progression working for these muppets , more like a form of modern slavery in return for crums deposited in your account. the lot ov them ,I hope mj Quinn and many other subby companies get their contracts cut from under their feet.

anyone looking for work don't be fooled by these clowns , poor training ,HR department is terrible , u have to pay for your own juice" fuel" WTF IN THIS RESSESION, LOL. no paid holiday , no sick pay , no nothing , no thank u I will pass, U loose any gear u have to replace it out ov ur own pocket , kellys even worse keep well far from this firm u will regret it

giri5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 20:10   #145
Pole_Dancer
Inactive

Pole_Dancer is an unknown quantity at this point

DO NOT CONTRACT FOR MJ QUINNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like giri5000said this cowboy company!!!! Unfortunately I found out the hard way!
They will do everything to short change you and when you take out all you expenses, Fuel and hrs worked you'll be lucky to take home the minimum wage!!
I stupidly worked for them for 7 months and when I tell people how I was being treated (worse that DOG S%!T) over that time, no one believed me! They just don't give a DAMN about you!!!

If you went sick or on holiday they'll stop paying you! I found this out when I damaged my back so I contacted Mj Quinn's and told them via email because no one ever answers the phone. Next thing I know my agency contacts me, to tell me that Quinns had told them to stop my pay! They had the money but they put it on hold! My agency said they're on my side but won't do anything?
I was unable to work for over 2 weeks and the next thing I knew without warning Quinns came and collected my van with all my testers, tools, clothing I had bought to do the job and my tomtom. Totalling over £900. Plus they have two weeks of my wages which my agency told me via email (too gutless to ring me), that they had credited it back to Quinns and they also included an invoice from Quinns for £1174.50 for :-
£100 fuel. (I had £60 in fuel in the van)
£35 valet? (I kept the van clean)
£300 vehicle collection charge!!!!!! (We were told £200 if we didn't want to return the van and I was never given that option)
£120 spare key charge? (Replacement key from fords is no where near this cost)
£300 7" samsung tab2 and accs? (£149 from PC World)
£312 missing tooling? (All I have is 10 Traffic cones, 2 battery chargers and a torch)
£7.50 H&S booklet? (Never had one)

After going to the Police who manage to contact someone from Mj Quinns and got them to contact me. When they contacted me, I asked them to give me my tools back and I told them that they can have everything I have of theirs back any time. They said that they would get back to me but surprise, surprise they didn't and now they will not return my calls!! Now they've not returned my calls this now a crime according to the police. So we will see tomorrow what will happens but I won't hold my breath!

I wish I left over the 2 week Christmas break like a lot of the contractors did and because they paid you over the shut down period. But I had no other job to go to and slave wages were better than JSA. Now I wish that I did do a runner because I would of been better off!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Pole_Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 20:44   #146
arthur davis

does any one know what going on there mean to be taking on a other 450 engineers, I know the money is good I left kellys to go and work for them , but there a hold up in the contract, does any one have an idea
Old 15-04-2013, 21:04   #147
Pole_Dancer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetoonfan View Post
hi all, ive been with MJ Quinns since August i'd never worked on the BT network but have worked on verious data networks, I done the 5 day course at PQMS with 9 ex openreach engineers and didnt have a clue what they where talking about. But if your willing to learn and take it on board PQMS can stand you in good stead and unlike the new starters i was alone from day 1. if your willing to work hard the pay is very rewarding.
ive worked away a few times and ive never had one bit of trouble getting the correct pay, yes you pay for your digs and your fuel but believe me your better off with quinns (example working away £42.25 per job x 4 a day=£169 a day do the same for kellys you get £100 a day, work it out on a weekly basis thats £845 for quinns and £500 for the same work at kellys. Plus you can claim a milage allowance with quinns as you pay for you fuel and you cant with kellys or should i say you shouldnt because they pay for the fuel).
also quinns are given new starter every possibility to become good at their job if they see a problem they'll not finish you straight away they try and and iron that problem out i.e further training, on a one to one basis. all the new starters in my area are loving it even them thats never worked on the network untill now, yes it can be stressful, yes it can be very hard at times, and yes some ppl feel like walking away, but which job is perfect 100% of the time. if your not willing to give your all then in any job then you might aswell stay in the dole cue.

thanks for reading my post and yes i'll answer any questions
This is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard! You must either work for Quinns or that joke of a training company based in a freezing cow shed in the middle of nowhere, somewhere outside of Coventry?
Take it from me and I'm EX-BT with over 12 year experience as lines man! If you have no experience doing this job then you will be buddying another guy for over a month while not getting paid a penny and it will be costing hundreds pounds in fuel. Also the person you follow will not have time to show you what to do and hold your hand while he struggles to make a living. I've had ppl with no experience buddying up with me and you don't have the time to show them the ropes.
The agencies tell you it's only from the pole to the house but this is a lie because it's everything and more. Fault finding, swapping out pairs, pair proved to the DP but the customer is over a mile from the DP, Unable to get pair to DP but BT want you to do the fit for £10 and that could take 2 hours or more, 1 Openreach coach for 40 engineers, jobs disappear off your tab before you complete the job, 1 platform to cover whole area etc etc.
Old 07-05-2013, 14:01   #148
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe another company is almost outdoing Kelly's as the worst Telco company to deal with. As an ex-bt man is makes me sick to see all the contracts going to these companies. Standards will drop, faults will rise. My ex-workmates are sick of clearing up the mess left by contractors. Simple dropwire work maybe but opening the network to them is like opening a can of worms!! BT or openreach will never learn!!

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rospico View Post
I was in for the 18th but not bothering, too many unknowns and what i have heard does not fill me with any confidence that in 3 weeks time I will not be jobless and out of pocket. Sent email to agency and Quinns a week ago and yet I still get a call this week about sorting out my course even though i have not returned any paperwork. I am out of pocket by £25(single ticket to liverpool)and that's enough for me. When I worked for BT I used to come across contractors sleeping in exchanges (not allowed) now i understand why. poor guys were trying make the the job worth it pay wise. believe me there is no way i would sleep in any exchange. Also the BT network in many areas is old and a mess. so you could quite easily spend a whole day on one job and not have anything to show for it at the end of the day. good luck and if you do go for it let us know how you get on for sure.
I worked on the night shift completing LLU work, paid per hour, not per job. This ensured quality was good. Used to see loads of contractors sleeping in old redundant rooms at exchanges. The OBASS system let them in. The bigger exchanges were popular as some had old first aid rooms, complete with beds etc. They don't actually have on site security so your not disturbed. You could probably live in there for months without being found. Fully equipped kitchen, showers, rest room all rent free!!
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 20:55   #149
stevetoonfan
Inactive

stevetoonfan is an unknown quantity at this point

12 years experience!! what a load of tosh, ive never known a DP being over a mile away!!!!!!!! i haven't even 12 months experience yet and its no where near as hard as your making out, fair enough I don't go into the UG network and only work on provides which is probably the easiest job on the BT NETWORK, but give me the tooling/laptop/plans that the openreach engineers have and I bet within 12days I can do the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_Dancer View Post
This is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard! You must either work for Quinns or that joke of a training company based in a freezing cow shed in the middle of nowhere, somewhere outside of Coventry?
Take it from me and I'm EX-BT with over 12 year experience as lines man! If you have no experience doing this job then you will be buddying another guy for over a month while not getting paid a penny and it will be costing hundreds pounds in fuel. Also the person you follow will not have time to show you what to do and hold your hand while he struggles to make a living. I've had ppl with no experience buddying up with me and you don't have the time to show them the ropes.
The agencies tell you it's only from the pole to the house but this is a lie because it's everything and more. Fault finding, swapping out pairs, pair proved to the DP but the customer is over a mile from the DP, Unable to get pair to DP but BT want you to do the fit for £10 and that could take 2 hours or more, 1 Openreach coach for 40 engineers, jobs disappear off your tab before you complete the job, 1 platform to cover whole area etc etc.
stevetoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 00:38   #150
Pole_Dancer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetoonfan View Post
12 years experience!! what a load of tosh, ive never known a DP being over a mile away!!!!!!!! i haven't even 12 months experience yet and its no where near as hard as your making out, fair enough I don't go into the UG network and only work on provides which is probably the easiest job on the BT NETWORK, but give me the tooling/laptop/plans that the openreach engineers have and I bet within 12days I can do the job.
If you read my posts then you would see that I contracted for MJ Quinns after I left BT!!!!
You don't know what you're talking about! If you're working in the sticks (rural area) then the main DP could be miles from the EU, fed via aerial cable by carrier poles and not always straight outside the outside EU property! So you must be a either a MJ Quinns employee, Quinns manager or a Quinns performance improver!?! Well it's sound like you're up their ass?

Take it from any real person who has or is contracting for MJ Quinns, they're a bunch of thieving C*%TS!!!!!

:t d: