Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | no emails coming through on my phone or computer - please help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

no emails coming through on my phone or computer - please help

Old 28-07-2022, 22:02   #1
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline
no emails coming through on my phone or computer - please help

i am using mailbird , when i click for new emails i get this message

the imap/smtp service is disabled , enable the service and try again
please can someone tell me how to enable it please ,

i also tried thunderbird and get a message saying

sending password for user [then gives email address]
didnt succeed mail server pop3.ntlworld.com responded altercation failed

please can anyone help me please , i would be truly grateful
caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2022, 12:25   #2
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: no emails coming through on my phone or computer - please help

Setup details are at
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/bil...-email-account

You say that IMAP is disabled but you are using POP server.

Here is a little tip that doesn't really solve this issue but may help in future.

Setup a Gmail or similar account (GMail I know works).
Get that working on your devices, lots of help and in many cases systems know how to connect to GMail
You can then configure GMail to pull emails from other platforms including VM

This way if you do ever change ISP you don't need to change your email address, just use the GMail one but you still get the ISP service type emails available.
Old 04-08-2022, 13:28   #3
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline
Re: no emails coming through on my phone or computer - please help

thankyou for the reply

the imap message came up when i clicked to get my emails

anyway after phoning virgin for the 3rd time as this had been 4 days and i hadnt heard nothing i spoke to a guy who was was very good and he sorted my emails out , not sure how but they now work perfectly again . I dont understand why the other 2 people working for virgin couldnt thoe . .
caroline is offline   Reply With Quote