Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Connect App

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Connect App

Old 19-07-2022, 10:59   #1
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Virgin Connect App

I see that the Virgin Connect app as at last been updated and is now compatable with Superhub 4.
Old 19-07-2022, 11:03   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Connect App

It also fixes the hotspot issue for newer Android devices and they can successfully be configured for the hotspots.
Old 19-07-2022, 21:04   #3
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Apparently you need version 12.20.14 but Google play has 12.13.30. How do you get the latest version?
Old 19-07-2022, 21:18   #4
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Apparently you need version 12.20.14 but Google play has 12.13.30. How do you get the latest version?
I have version 12.20.15 on my Sony 10iii. Just check to see if there is an update in the Play Store.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2022, 21:36   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
It's a staged rollout but should be available to 100% of Android devices soon.
Old 19-07-2022, 23:03   #6
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's a staged rollout but should be available to 100% of Android devices soon.
Thanks. I'm on Android 11. Will recheck at a later date.
Old 20-07-2022, 23:51   #7
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Hotspots still don't work on Android 12
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 16:39   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hotspots still don't work on Android 12
It does on configure it on my S21+ with Android 12 although it then says it's failed to do so within the app.

I've raised this within Virgin Media
Old 21-07-2022, 18:07   #9
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

The app says it can't find my hub even though I have a hub 3 and it shows I'm connected to it on the hotspot page.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 21:53   #10
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It does on configure it on my S21+ with Android 12 although it then says it's failed to do so within the app.

I've raised this within Virgin Media

Hot Spots don't work on Android 12 for me. Just keeps coming back with a server response failure.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20220721-205129.png (46.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 21-07-2022, 23:45   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Hot Spots don't work on Android 12 for me. Just keeps coming back with a server response failure.
Yes I know. But on mine at least it does actually work when I'm in range of a Virgin Media hotspot.
Old 21-07-2022, 23:51   #12
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

I have got the app working on an Android 11 phone I have without issues
Old 22-07-2022, 11:32   #13
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Quote:
I have got the app working on an Android 11 phone I have without issues
Yes play store has the latest version. I downloaded it and took all of minute to set up. Even picked up the guest network I had created on the hub 4 via browser.
Old 06-12-2022, 16:26   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

With the latest app update (12.32.8) hotspots will now work on both Android 12 (already fixed in the last release) and Android 13