Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

Old 24-07-2020, 23:06   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

Hi anyone else having issues with EPG and Spotify on their sky Q box? The issue with the EPG is mainly on ITV. Tonight and on other occasions there was no listings available from 7pm and programs supposed to record, Corrie and Vera didn't record. With Spotify I find when listening to an album after about 15 minutes in I get no sound. The progress bar moves as if it's playing but get silence. Anyone got any suggestions as to what the issue is? I've done the usual thing,i.e reboot everything but still get the issue. The only thought I have is the internet is poor. I can't get fibre where I am unfortunately.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2020, 15:05   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

Spotify has never worked correctly on SkyQ - audio drop-outs were common.
With the new update the drop-outs stopped but I too now suddenly get no audio.
Sky have acknowledged they are aware of outstanding issues.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 17:12   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Spotify has never worked correctly on SkyQ - audio drop-outs were common.
With the new update the drop-outs stopped but I too now suddenly get no audio.
Sky have acknowledged they are aware of outstanding issues.
Thanks for your reply and for clearing up a few points for me. I was beginning to think it was just my sky box at fault.
Old 31-01-2021, 21:13   #4
telegramsam
telegramsam

Anyone else having issues with the EPG on Sky box? ITV is missing schedules on a regular basis and consequently programs aren't being recorded. ITV 1 hd is the worst one . 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' for instance is missing tonight. I'm having to record from SD!
Old 01-02-2021, 12:03   #5
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Anyone else having issues with the EPG on Sky box? ITV is missing schedules on a regular basis and consequently programs aren't being recorded. ITV 1 hd is the worst one . 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' for instance is missing tonight. I'm having to record from SD!
You're not alone, 103 is bad for it but also happens on many other channels too. Seems to happen every few days for a couple of weeks then nothing for a few months - very strange. Only thing I've found to cure it is a reboot of the main box.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 13:55   #6
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
You're not alone, 103 is bad for it but also happens on many other channels too. Seems to happen every few days for a couple of weeks then nothing for a few months - very strange. Only thing I've found to cure it is a reboot of the main box.
Ok will try reboot of main box.