Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Movie news, trivia and other snippets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Old 14-07-2019, 21:32   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Getting initial reports through that the next James Bond will be a female (not sure how the whole name thing is going to work) and will be played by Lashana Lynch who you will recognise as the black female pilot from Captain Marvel who was her best bud.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2019, 21:44   #32
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think this is a false report. The 'insider' would not revel all that info surely.

However as I read it she would be the new 007 and not James Bond. As 007 is just a title, so anyone could bee the next 007.
Old 14-07-2019, 21:59   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

However as I read it she would be the new 007 and not James Bond. As 007 is just a title, so anyone could bee the next 007.
My bad and misinterpretation. For me James Bond and 007 are synonymous with one another.

A link to the article if anyone is interested

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...a-lynch-report
Old 14-07-2019, 22:31   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I agree with you there, but being a 00 agent status can always be passed to other agents, whether it's 006 or any other.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:40   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Getting initial reports through that the next James Bond will be a female (not sure how the whole name thing is going to work) and will be played by Lashana Lynch who you will recognise as the black female pilot from Captain Marvel who was her best bud.
Yeah l read that as l have my doubts as to whether there is any truth to it personally although saying that l am certainly not against having a female 007.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:45   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

although I can think of people better suited to the role it would be good to have a relative unknown rather than a "oh look it's Beatrice from bla bla film".
Old 16-07-2019, 00:45   #37
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The first teaser for the Kingsman prequel King's Man has just dropped.

Release date 14th Feb 2020.

pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 09:01   #38
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
My bad and misinterpretation. For me James Bond and 007 are synonymous with one another.

A link to the article if anyone is interested

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...a-lynch-report
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I agree with you there, but being a 00 agent status can always be passed to other agents, whether it's 006 or any other.
Yeah, it's not a big deal. She is '007' - probably not for long - but Bond is still Bond. If anything it makes it less likely they'll recast the next Bond as a woman since it establishes a precedent where Bond still exists outside of the 007 number. (One of the theories into how you get a female Bond is that 'James Bond' is itself a codename applied to whoever is 007).

People are making too big a deal of it. Either to manufacture outrage at 'PC culture' or to say it heralds a dramatic change in having a black woman as 007. In reality, she'll probably be 'fridged' early on to provide Bond with a plot point and thus continuing the Bond franchise's dodgy history with female characters.

Last edited by Damien; 16-07-2019 at 09:06.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 19:21   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The first teaser for the Kingsman prequel King's Man has just dropped.

Release date 14th Feb 2020
my bad, I had already posted it in the thread for this years movies. I have got it on my list for release in November this year, they must have pushed it back.
Old 16-07-2019, 23:57   #40
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
my bad, I had already posted it in the thread for this years movies. I have got it on my list for release in November this year, they must have pushed it back.
I didn't check this years thread and the teaser only dropped yesterday. Didn't realise they first had it slated for a November release.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 09:14   #41
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, it was when I did the list before xmas. I'll remove it and put it on next year's.
Old 25-07-2019, 12:20   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

Good news, Growing up I loved V and watched it over and over again. Apparently plans have been in the works for a movie for quite some time and it looks like they are gaining traction because the project has been assigned a producer. I hope they honour the original and just use updated weapons (i.e. not M16s) and new special effects.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/v...isnt-dead-yet/
Old 20-08-2019, 22:44   #43
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Spider-Man leaves MCU: https://www.cbr.com/sony-kills-spide...l-with-marvel/

Quote:
Marvel Studios will not produce any future Spider-Man films due to a standoff between The Walt Disney Company and Sony Pictures.
This means the next Spiderman will not be made by Marvel which also means:
  • No Spiderman in Avengers
  • No Avengers in Spiderman or any other Marvel character
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 23:07   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well that totally sucks.

We probably won't get the sequel to Far from Home for a start. Just when Marvel got Spidey spot on. .
Old 21-08-2019, 00:43   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah it sucks ass, they need to work something out and get things sorted. You can't not have Spidey in anymore Avengers films; he is an established character and they haven't even had chance to write him out. I can understand Marvel wanting more $$$ because the Spiderman films are clearly all Marvel and if they move to Sony-produced they are going to lose the touch and feel of the MCU and will be carp.

A few other titbits of info:

Matrix 4 has been confirmed with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Ann Moss

Title for the next James Bond has been revealed............. No Time To Die