Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NOW TV Box HD to Component problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NOW TV Box HD to Component problem

Old 14-02-2014, 12:57   #1
turnbulltj
Inactive

turnbulltj is an unknown quantity at this point
NOW TV Box HD to Component problem

Hi Guys, new to the forum and unsure whether I have posted in the right section but here we go.

My Sony Wega TVs support HD via component. I am already successfully getting HD through my YouView box in the Main Living room.

I have subscribed to Now TV and it works fine so I decided to buy 2 Now TV boxes for the 2 remote TVs upstairs, both Sony Wega HD compatible via component.

As the Now TV boxes are HD to HD I needed to buy 2 more cables (same as downstairs) which are HD to component.

However on plugging them in and selectihng the correct input on the Tvs ...... Nothing other than quite, high pitched squeal.

I have tried plugging the boxes into a small Portable that I have which is HD ready (HD to HD) and the Now TV welcome page comes up fine.

I am really bamboozled, am I missing something blatantly obvious, or is a technical gremlin lurking that I should be aware of.

Your brains of wisdom would be hugely appreciated. Thankyou, Trevor
turnbulltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2014, 15:24   #2
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: NOW TV Box HD to Component problem

NowTV is only 720p could it be the settings you need to change. either on the box or the TV?

Or

Those HDMI to component cables do not work on the Now TV box. You'll have to use the analogue output with the composite cable.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote