Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DIR-655 (Highly Recommended)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No connection though router ?faulty NTL:home 100 modem

Old 20-11-2008, 19:16   #1
lllnorrislll
Inactive

lllnorrislll is an unknown quantity at this point
No connection though router ?faulty NTL:home 100 modem

Hello all, I am suddely expriencing problems with a loss connection through my router. I have a grey ntl:home 100 modem that was connected to a Belkin Wireless G Router to 2 pcs and wirelessly to a wii. Then about 2 weeks ago i lost all cnnections to the internet. When i connected directly to the modem i can get internet connection. I have tried resetting eveything and also trying a old Netgear Wireless router and I have also bought a Micra digitial router and i still cannot get any internet connections.

has something changed and i need to modify router settings or is the cable modem on its last legs?
lllnorrislll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2008, 22:13   #2
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles
Re: No connection though router ?faulty NTL:home 100 modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllnorrislll View Post
Hello all, I am suddely expriencing problems with a loss connection through my router. I have a grey ntl:home 100 modem that was connected to a Belkin Wireless G Router to 2 pcs and wirelessly to a wii. Then about 2 weeks ago i lost all cnnections to the internet. When i connected directly to the modem i can get internet connection. I have tried resetting eveything and also trying a old Netgear Wireless router and I have also bought a Micra digitial router and i still cannot get any internet connections.

has something changed and i need to modify router settings or is the cable modem on its last legs?
More likely tó be the modem.

What speed are you on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put or click the link > http://192.168.100.1/ the password and username are both root if required.

What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------