Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | pulling my hair out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

pulling my hair out

Old 14-01-2007, 22:03   #1
nightfly56
Inactive

nightfly56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy pulling my hair out

hi guys, I am a newbie so please bear with me, I have a problem with a sweex lc000070 I have scoured the forun=m and see I am not the only one I am trying to run my Laptop and desktop with internet connections I have the old grey NTL modem connected with ethernet cable
I have had it running ok but the laptop keeps losing connection and i get a status report saying "network cable unplugged"

I have tried to get into the sweex set up page by typing in the 192.168.123,254 but all i get is the page cannot be displayed message i have trie it from the laptop too but that tells me unavailable offline, I am sure there must be a simple fix but it has me stumped.

oh and by the way the desktop runs XP pro and the laptop has win 2000 it is not a modern all singing dancing laptop but it has worked on the net before
nightfly56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2007, 22:06   #2
zing_deleted

Re: pulling my hair out

so it is all hard wired? have you tried a different cable?
is that the correct browser address? to check this goto start run and type cmd then type ipconfig /all
run this and the gateway is the router ip this is what needs to be typed to find the router

to the forum
Old 14-01-2007, 22:35   #3
nightfly56
Inactive

nightfly56 is an unknown quantity at this point

so it is all hard wired? have you tried a different cable?
yes & yes

is that the correct browser address?
it is the address quoted in the user manual and also on the threads on this forum

to check this goto start run and type cmd then type ipconfig /all

tried this and nothing happened

many thanks anyway

Mick
nightfly56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:55   #4
zing_deleted

did a black box open when you typed cmd? in there is where you type ipconfig. Does the router have a reset button on the back?

im wondering if it could be something to do with this http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...3#post34197433