Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Old 06-06-2022, 15:19   #1
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice
What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2022, 16:40   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
Our current VM contract expires this month so I tried to call Retentions this afternoon. However, instead of getting through to the UK call centre, I got through to a foreign call centre. The lady I spoke to was doing her best to be polite and helpful but the line was very poor so I missed a lot of what she was saying. She was obviously working through a script and didn't want to go to the nitty gritty of seeing what deal could be arranged. I made my apologies and ended the call because I was missing about half of what she was trying to say.

Is there a best time of day to call Retentions to get through to the UK call centre? They have always been very helpful and bad lines are not a problem. They can usually sort out a deal straightaway without having to go through a script asking for my favourite channels etc., which is why I would rather speak to them.

Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.

Last edited by daveeb; 06-06-2022 at 16:50.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 19:08   #3
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Early, 9 am if possible. I've always got UK ringing at that time. In the afternoon it's a lottery. I also suspect you may have a better chance if you ring 150 from a VM landline (if you have one) rather than a mobile but that's just a hunch.
Thanks Dave - much appreciated 👍
Old 08-06-2022, 15:21   #4
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.
Old 08-06-2022, 15:28   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad View Post
I phoned this morning and got straight through to Retentions at a UK call centre. The lady i spoke to was extremely helpful and polite and managed to sort out great deal for me...essentially the same as we have now but with a slightly bigger discount (result!). She even arranged for someone to come out to fix our outside cable junction box, whose cover has been broken for months, which I tried and failed to sort out with VM back in the bad old lockdown days, when you couldn't speak to an actual person without waiting for hours.
Glad it's sorted. The early bird etc....
Old 09-08-2022, 17:15   #6
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 21:43   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Which aspects of VM's customer service are offshored and which are based in the UK?
Purely in my experience all of it is offshore apart from retentions who are often (but not always as mentioned above) in the UK.
Old 10-08-2022, 17:24   #8
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?
Old 10-08-2022, 18:51   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
thank you for the reply.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why almost all of their customer service is offshored?
No need to guess, its cheaper. Offshore is an overflow for UK based. UK based is small.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 17:43   #10
Rillington
cf.mega poster

If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.
Old 20-09-2022, 20:22   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If overseas and outsourced call centres are used as an overflow, I am curious as to why, if correct, that only retentions is UK-based.
Because VM aren't interested in decent customer service, unless there's a risk of losing custom.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2022, 17:50   #12
Rillington
cf.mega poster

even retentions now seems to be at least partly outsourced and offshored.
Old 28-09-2022, 22:30   #13
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
even retentions now seems to be at least partly outsourced and offshored.

Just ring early (9 a.m) and you should be fine.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:19   #14
Rillington
cf.mega poster

It now seems that retentions has now been offshored. Are there any parts of the VM customer service operations that are still based in the UK?
Old 06-04-2023, 12:46   #15
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Are there any parts of the VM customer service operations that are still based in the UK?
Yes
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote