Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Web site design automatically (sort of)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Annoying message on Facebook

Old 24-08-2021, 11:52   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Annoying message on Facebook

As of today I have been plagued by a really annoying repetitive message on Facebook. I have tried logging off and on, and also trying to stop notifications but so far no joy, what am I doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warning.JPG (29.4 KB, 74 views)
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-08-2021, 12:58   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Annoying message on Facebook

It's not you, it's the person who posted the link.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 13:48   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Happens a lot on community pages where people try to share stuff from their mates, but the original post wasn’t set for public viewing; or, where the original post was changed from public to private, or has been removed.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 20:06   #4
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Same message showing whilst both my wife and I playing angry birds this morning!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 20:15   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Actually I got it a couple of times right after I posted here. Must have been a Facebook bug.
Old 24-08-2021, 21:06   #6
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I can't get rid of it, I selected to play this as normal through Bookmarks, so don't have a clue whom posted original link. would it help to uninstall my Facebook account and start afresh, or can someone please suggest some other method to remove it? It's driving me nuts.
Old 24-08-2021, 22:04   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Do you usually access Facebook by a web browser? If so, clearing the browser cache and cookies might help.
Old 25-08-2021, 09:28   #8
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Do you usually access Facebook by a web browser? If so, clearing the browser cache and cookies might help.

Yes I do Chris, and clearing the browser cache seems to have solved the problem, many thanks for that.
Old 25-08-2021, 10:50   #9
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

On a PC you can use Face Book Purity to sort out FB.
Old 26-08-2021, 09:50   #10
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
On a PC you can use Face Book Purity to sort out FB.

Never heard of that before Taf, but thanks, I will bear that in mind should any further problems arise with Facebook.
Old 26-08-2021, 11:10   #11
Taf
cf.mega poster

Face Book Purity can strip all that you don't want or need from the screen.

Mine is minimalist to the extreme.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fb1.jpg (237.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 26-08-2021, 13:19   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Never heard of that before Taf, but thanks, I will bear that in mind should any further problems arise with Facebook.
Why wait for future problems? Why not just use it now?
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 14:08   #13
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Hi Tinky, my FB is not quite as minimalist as Taff's .... yet but I'm getting there.

I have been using Face Book Purity (FBP) for years, it provides a great way to cut out all the annoying bits and pieces that get in the way of just being able to see the posts of people you actually want to connect with and don't want to have to wade through lots of drivel about stuff that you aren't interested in.

If you do decide to try it I am sure one of us will be able to give you a hand if you need it. There is nothing you could do that can't be undone by just unticking a box.
Old 26-08-2021, 15:16   #14
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

To do this, press CTRL + F5
Old 30-08-2021, 20:21   #15
Tinky
To err is human

It's happening again, help! I've completed the answer but the it is not being accepted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture pet rescue.JPG (115.3 KB, 14 views)