Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 5 at no extra cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 5 at no extra cost

Old 06-12-2021, 14:05   #196
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Re: Hub 5 at no extra cost

Out of interest has anyone tried going here? https://store.virginmedia.com/existi...ffers/hub-swap

When I do and sign in it says "You can upgrade to our incredible WiFi Hub at no extra cost" and shows a picture of a Hub3 even though I'm on Gig1 with a Hub4.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2021, 14:37   #197
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Out of interest has anyone tried going here? https://store.virginmedia.com/existi...ffers/hub-swap

When I do and sign in it says "You can upgrade to our incredible WiFi Hub at no extra cost" and shows a picture of a Hub3 even though I'm on Gig1 with a Hub4.
Below the image it says "Image shown is a hub 3. Hub supplied may very dependent on your bundle and stock availability."

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 19:52   #198
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I went through the process of requesting a new shub and right through to the end for the final order confirmation where it itemised my bundle and costs and it still said shub 3.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:43   #199
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post

For me it says "Lucky you – it looks like you’ve already got our latest Hub! Check out some of its brilliant features." even though I have Hub 3.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 21:57   #200
sinbad
cf.member

sinbad is an unknown quantity at this point

I went through the link and placed my order. new hub coming on friday. If its a 3 it'll be winging its way back.
sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 22:02   #201
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Let us know what you get because if you do get a shub 5 i'll be ordering one as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:41   #202
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

yeah will be interesting to hear the result! As per the other responses I got as far as the checkout but wasnt brave enough to submit it
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 18:59   #203
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Ive tried this link a number of times and i keep getting the same thing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm1.jpg (185.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg vm2.jpg (75.8 KB, 37 views)
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 19:03   #204
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If you're on Gig1 there is no new Hub to upgrade to at the moment.
Old 08-12-2021, 22:13   #205
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If you're on Gig1 there is no new Hub to upgrade to at the moment.
Not on the pages anymore (and the fact there was page appears to have been in error), but there are gig 1 customers with a Hub 5, which I guess dangled the carrot
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 22:31   #206
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, that's true, but anyone with a Hub 5 currently are part of an invite only change. What happen in 2022 is for next year.

The Hub 4 is still the one provided for Gig1 for most new and existing customers on it.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:46   #207
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, that's true, but anyone with a Hub 5 currently are part of an invite only change. What happen in 2022 is for next year.

The Hub 4 is still the one provided for Gig1 for most new and existing customers on it.
Would you expect them to offer Hub5 to Gig1 customers next year when it fully launches, or will it be an end of contract/recontract/new customers only thing?

I kind of feel like Hub5 is an indication Gig2 might come sooner than we think, probably before D3.1 upstream, sometime mid next year. D3.1 downstream is already in place etc...
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:26   #208
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Would you expect them to offer Hub5 to Gig1 customers next year when it fully launches, or will it be an end of contract/recontract/new customers only thing?

I kind of feel like Hub5 is an indication Gig2 might come sooner than we think, probably before D3.1 upstream, sometime mid next year. D3.1 downstream is already in place etc...
Do we have any kind of acknowledgment they are looking at D3.1 Upstream? Would be nice to see, but I've not been able to find anything to confirm it as of yet
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:08   #209
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
I honestly don't know.
Old 10-12-2021, 18:11   #210
sinbad
cf.member

sinbad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Let us know what you get because if you do get a shub 5 i'll be ordering one as well.
Nope it was a hub 3. Sending it back as I already have a Hub4
sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote