Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Old 21-07-2021, 18:30   #31
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Ok went to Tesco's staff said would be VERY happy to setup a SIM free phone if l took out a contract with them . And if any problems later just come back .Wish l thought to record it !
Old 21-07-2021, 19:57   #32
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wonder if the R stands for 'Restricted service' because it's not locked to a network ie 999 calls only?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 19:59   #33
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if the R stands for 'Restricted service' because it's not locked to a network ie 999 calls only?
R soles at VM support more like
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 20:02   #34
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
R soles at VM support more like
Old 21-07-2021, 20:05   #35
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
So. Last week sales called me with an offer.

-Change to a new 24 month plan. 100GB data. Get a new phone (Samsung A32) and I'll end up paying £1 less per month.

Seemed ok so I went for it. The sales operator explained that my new phone arrives on August 13th. I thought that's ok, I'm in no rush.

Friday - I sign the new agreement electronically.

- Saturday, I see a little message pop up saying my new plan has started. Almost immediately after this, my signal drops, I am unable to connect to mobile data, and a little 'R' has appeared over my signal bars.

-I call Virgin media up, explain that my new plan has likely made my sim card drop out and the operator says take the sim card out and give it a wipe. Then says sorry and puts me on hold. For 25 minutes. I hang up, I have 2 kids that need feeding.

-Contacted VMedia on Twitter, and after an hour conversation, they said go to the forums they might have a solution there!

-Called again and they say I need to wipe the sim card with a cloth. Of course it doesn't work, it's a registration problem, I can tell that because of the timing. I go through about 6 different settings, give her the sim serial number and finally get told to switch roaming data on, and switch to Vodafone network. That gets me on roaming but still no virgin signal and no mobile data. I'm told it will now sort itself out ok, and I will be able to get on mobile data and phone people.

-This morning - no joy, still no signal, little triangle warnings noting loss of connectivity, no mobile data at all. No nothing.

I ring VM again and they say take the sim card out and give the serial number, give it a wipe etc. By this point I am just going insane. I can't get on any network. The operator contacts the faults team and FINALLY, after nearly 3 days, comes back with the answer......the sim has been deactivated, at their end because they need my new phone upgrade to take place before I am switched over to 5G and Vodafone service. So I have to wait until I get my new phone.

But my phone doesn't arrive until August 13th. That's nearly a month away. At this point I just said this was unacceptable, and wanted to escalate it. Operator said that will do nothing as there is nothing they can do. Sim cannot be reactivated, 100% need the new phone upgrade to happen before I am on a virgin network. WHY didn't the original sales person realise I'd be without a phone service until 13 August?

They can't re activate my sim. But...... they can send me a phone tomorrow if I pick a new one. I don't want a nokia I want a Samsung. So in the end she said you can cancel the new upgrade and she can send me a new sim card that will arrive in 3 - 5 days which 'should work on Virgin network'. Awesome.

That will be no mobile phone service for nearly a week, through absolutely no fault of my own. I wish I never upgraded and am now stuck with this new contract which I signed for 24 months when in all reality I would have left Virgin due to this appalling scenario. Fuming.
Did you get to keep your number?
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 20:34   #36
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Did you get to keep your number?
ok now highlight the bit where it says they will disconnect the number till you receive the new phone. Oh you cannot cuz it is not there

Dunno why you felt the need to highlight those points tbh
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 10:59   #37
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Still not been contacted by either a manager or somebody replying to my official complaint.

This morning I received a bill for £36 for all the calls to customer care I had made from my Virgin Media landline.

This company is ****.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 11:47   #38
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Still not been contacted by either a manager or somebody replying to my official complaint.

This morning I received a bill for £36 for all the calls to customer care I had made from my Virgin Media landline.

This company is ****.
These calls should be free from a VM landline. Did you dial 150?
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 15:21   #39
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

This company is ****.
Nope, you never do. This happens to so many people that it cannot be a result of poor service alone, it must be a deliberate ploy to grind you down, make you give up and go away.

If you call them to complain, you will be given another empty promise of a call back that won't materialise and on and on and on it will go. If you insist on immediately speaking to a manager as a result of this or don't just meekly go "OK then", they will tell you to stop calling/suddenly lose the ability to speak the limited English that they have/tell you you have nothing to complain about/say you've previously been told to stop calling. Their false scripted niceties will end at this point, which you will notice from their tone of voice.

The phone will then be slammed down on you.

Record everything and use it as evidence to eventually pass onto your solicitor or CISAS.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-07-2021 at 15:35. Reason: Spelling.
Old 27-07-2021, 15:39   #40
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
These calls should be free from a VM landline. Did you dial 150?
No, thought that was from mobile phones only :

https://www.google.com/search?q=virg...&oe=utf-8&aq=t

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
it must be a deliberate ploy to grind you down, make you give up and go away.
Well I am going away. Permanently.
Old 27-07-2021, 18:08   #41
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No, thought that was from mobile phones only :

https://www.google.com/search?q=virg...&oe=utf-8&aq=t

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Well I am going away. Permanently.
Good on you, I ended up leaving too. They are impossible to do business with in a professional manner.
Old 16-09-2021, 12:04   #42
smallclone
cf.geek

I switched to giff gaff today. Within 4 minutes of switching SIM cards I turned on mobile data and guess what I had a 4g signal! Wow.

That'll be the mobile data signal that I've been paying for but couldn't get under Virgin because they claimed I must have switched something off on my end and I needed to factory reset my phone or buy another phone. Absolute scumbags.

Anyway - I've swapped numbers via PAC code process (taken my number with me to Giff Gaff) - do I also need to close my account on Virgin Mobile or will it do it automatically as my number is no longer held with Virgin? Thanks.
Old 16-09-2021, 16:29   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I had four numbers on my mobile account, but moved two of them to Sky a couple of years ago.
They simply vanished from the account. I assume when I move the others, they will do the same - so the account will simply be empty.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 23:32   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

When you port out your number it automatically closes your account, unless you still have other numbers active on it.
Old 17-09-2021, 18:35   #45
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I switched to giff gaff today. Within 4 minutes of switching SIM cards I turned on mobile data and guess what I had a 4g signal! Wow.

That'll be the mobile data signal that I've been paying for but couldn't get under Virgin because they claimed I must have switched something off on my end and I needed to factory reset my phone or buy another phone. Absolute scumbags.

Anyway - I've swapped numbers via PAC code process (taken my number with me to Giff Gaff) - do I also need to close my account on Virgin Mobile or will it do it automatically as my number is no longer held with Virgin? Thanks.
So you have O2 service . Vince please note