Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Madeleine McCann

Old 05-05-2007, 20:42   #46
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berezovski View Post
I never left my kids alone until they were 13. Pathetic parents. They should be jailed.
What utter tripe you spout. I pity your poor kids, how on earth they ever learned any independance with you watching them until they were teenages is a mystery to me.

It's amazing how many 'perfect' parents suddenly emerge from the woodwork in threads like this, I'm sure you have all never put a foot wrong.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2007, 20:44   #47
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
What utter tripe you spout. I pity your poor kids, how on earth they ever learned any independance with you watching them until they were teenages is a mystery to me.

It's amazing how many 'perfect' parents suddenly emerge from the woodwork in threads like this, I'm sure you have all never put a foot wrong.
he ruined a good arguement with his extreme view.
two 2 years olds and a 3 year old is a tad different to teenagers I cant see anyone here saying its ok to leave them (edited cuz it didnt make sense)
Old 05-05-2007, 20:47   #48
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

There shouldn't even be an arguement - this is the whole point - A girl is missing and all some can do is argue whose to blame, its wrong, no infact its disgusting.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 20:54   #49
zing_deleted

am I still entitled to my opinion? cuz I think the fact a 3 year old and two 2 year olds were left alone disgusting.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

here is a snippit of british law (scroll down the page) although there is no law about the minimum age there is an offence when the child is at risk . There are guidelines I may well be assuming but on the face of it these parents have broken British law. Just because the child is missing does not change that normally the membership would be down like a ton of bricks on anyone breaking the law involving children why is this case different? http://www.rospa.com/safetyeducation/faqs.htm
Old 05-05-2007, 21:11   #50
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

OK, drag them out to the HANGING tree
Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I would say "all" as in every parent here has lost sight of there children at sometime, if you say you have not then it bulldung.

Perverts take that moment to snatch kids, so if it was yours and you turned your back would it be your fault ?

Please dont come up with the "its different" ribbish
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 21:17   #51
zing_deleted

I do not think it is rubbish so on that point we have to disagree.Please inform me how if you lose sight of a child for second is the same as making the desision not to leave the child in creche instead leave them unattended alone in a building. Tell me which one of us is talking the dung here
Old 05-05-2007, 21:19   #52
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
OK, drag them out to the HANGING tree
Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I would say "all" as in every parent here has lost sight of there children at sometime, if you say you have not then it bulldung.

Perverts take that moment to snatch kids, so if it was yours and you turned your back would it be your fault ?

Please dont come up with the "its different" ribbish
Marky, my heart goes out to the parents, who must be going through hell at the moment, but it is completely different, no matter what you say, between losing sight of your child/children for a few moments, or letting them play in the garden, and leaving them unattended for nearly an hour a couple of hundred yards away. The equivalent would be leaving three children under 3 unattended in a playground for an hour, out of your sight - I think that most people would find that scenario "wrong".

But as I said before, we have all got to hope the child is found safe and returned to her parents - that is the most important thing.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 21:30   #53
marky
Inactive

marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

So what we are saying is its the parents fault that a sick perve stole there child.
Doesnt add up sorry
Old 05-05-2007, 21:31   #54
zing_deleted

No the sick perve is the one to blame but the parents should not have left such young children alone would you? have you?
Old 05-05-2007, 21:35   #55
marky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
No the sick perve is the one to blame but the parents should not have left such young children alone would you? have you?
Mine play out, the youngest is 8
So i would be to blame if someone snatched him ?

And yes, sometimes they was in bed and we would be in the garden.
Old 05-05-2007, 21:40   #56
zing_deleted

lol I find it bazaar you comparing these thing 8 and 3 hmmm similar did you read the link I posted>? see the bit about levels of maturity? you honestly think a 3 year is mature enough to be left with two 2 years olds really ??? im getting the impression im being seen as the bad guy for voicing my opinions on this subject and from my point of view that is just crazy mad
Old 05-05-2007, 21:42   #57
kryogenik

I'm with you Zingle. And I can see (like some can't) that you are not trying to apportion blame. The abductor IS the one to blame for taking the wee lass. No-one would dispute that.
However, show me a parent that is prepared to leave their three infants alone while they dine away from the building, and I'll show you an irresponsible parent.
That said, my heart goes out to them - they made a mistake. They've had 3 kids who they've taken away on a family holiday. Clear to see they're loving and caring parents. They just dropped the ball, foolishly thinking they'd be safe.
THAT was irresponsible. No denying it. But, they've paid the ultimate price - no-one more than them wishes they'd not thought they'd be safe.

Call me a liar, anyone - I don't care. My 2 year old NEVER, EVER leaves my sight.
I'm just too damn scared to let her.

I'm sure Madeleine and her parents are in all our thoughts and prayers anyway.
I hope to God she returns unhurt, and soon.
Absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 05-05-2007, 21:45   #58
gaffer_gump

Services: NTL 20mb Broadband. BT phone line. Tv yeah it's in the corner.

Nicely put kryogenik, totally agree and you to Zingle
Old 05-05-2007, 21:49   #59
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I agree, well put kryogenik and Zingle.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 22:02   #60
jkat
Inactive

jkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud of

one thing is for certain, if it wasnt that child it would have been another child, this is the whole miserable situation! children have been abducted/gone missing right under parents noses in the past regardless of age.
jkat is offline   Reply With Quote