Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 27-12-2021, 15:07   #481
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Has Discovery ever been shown on linear television as I've never seen it mentioned in any TV listings.
I think E4 eventually aired the first couple of cm seasons. It's currently on Pluto TV.
Old 28-12-2021, 10:01   #482
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Has Discovery ever been shown on linear television as I've never seen it mentioned in any TV listings.
Yes. 2019, just a S2 was about to launch on Netflix, to my recollection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think E4 eventually aired the first couple of cm seasons. It's currently on Pluto TV.
E4 definitely broadcast S1, I don't recall about S2. It got moved to a graveyard slot toward the end of S1, so if they showed a later season it was at a daft time of the night.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 17:34   #483
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

According to various sites, it takes a mid season break after Episode 7 (this week), back on 10th Feb 2022.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 19:53   #484
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I'm struggling to get back into this after watching several other series in the last month or so!
Old 21-01-2022, 21:30   #485
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Yeah, it feels very much like the Arrow verse where the weekly lgbtq/mental health/gay drama of the week is wrapped up in a Star Trek uniform. There isnt a meaningful quality story you can sink your teeth in to. If i remember tomorrow i'll see if i can look up the ratings because it might explain why the next season is only 10 eps and then gets cancelled.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2022, 23:42   #486
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Most shows that were on the former CBS All-Access that I've watched have been 10 episodes for each of the seasons, that drop to 10 might just be them realigning the episode order with their other shows, a rebrand to Paramount+ isn't necessarily going to change their production order thinking. 10 is a fairly normal number on various streaming services too.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 00:19   #487
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Yeah, it feels very much like the Arrow verse where the weekly lgbtq/mental health/gay drama of the week is wrapped up in a Star Trek uniform. There isnt a meaningful quality story you can sink your teeth in to. If i remember tomorrow i'll see if i can look up the ratings because it might explain why the next season is only 10 eps and then gets cancelled.
Yeh, nothing takes you out of your reality factor in a program set over a thousand years in the future with FTL drives, matter transmission/replication, androids, cyborgs, various alien races, hive mind collectives, and god-like aliens, than gay people being part of the storyline…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2022, 01:15   #488
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Exactly, although you did miss a couple of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yeh, nothing takes you out of your reality factor in a program set over a thousand years in the future with FTL drives, matter transmission/replication, androids, cyborgs, various alien races, hive mind collectives, and god-like aliens, than gay people being forced into part of the storyline…

Old 22-01-2022, 11:12   #489
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

In Discovery, I never saw any "forced" gay storylines - the relationships (to me) were just part of the story, like Burnham’s & Cleveland’s.
Old 22-01-2022, 13:32   #490
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Clearly you missed all the hype they specifically made about it, even this season.

Not forgetting of course the fuss made by the usual loud minority when they killed one of them off - naturally they had to appease them by reviving him from the dead.

Old 22-01-2022, 13:47   #491
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Clearly I did…

Reviving from the dead - like Spock in Star Trek III, or Picard in Star Trek:Picard?

Last edited by Hugh; 22-01-2022 at 13:52.
Old 22-01-2022, 13:52   #492
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Not really the point, but ...
In the case of Spock - yes, there was (I believe) some fan unrest, although his return was [apparently] mainly down to Nimoy himself wanting to return.
Picard, well I guess he was technically revived, but since it was all within one episode, there was clearly no fan unrest (I believe a few were unhappy he became a droid).

Old 22-01-2022, 16:20   #493
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
(I believe a few were unhappy he became a droid).
Me included, but now that I’ve just watched the trailer for S2, with Q altered reality and timelines, it’s very possible he won’t stay that way.
Old 23-01-2022, 01:34   #494
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I don't want them to undo that. That is actually a very interesting story to see how he deals with becoming an android. We've known this character for 40 years roughly, so it is interesting to see how he deals with this when he was an old man expecting to die.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 01:58   #495
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Hes still pretty much an old man, expecting to die (just not quite as soon).

Quote:
Soong knew Picard wouldn't want to live forever or have any of Data's superpowers, so he refined the golem to give Picard a normal 24th century lifespan.