Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 08-12-2021, 21:35   #451
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
ISP Virgin Media O2 Completes UK Gigabit Broadband Rollout UPDATE

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...d-rollout.html

Not quite complete? "DOCSIS Mode Docsis30"
Unless you're on Gig1, D3.1 mode on the Hub 4 isn't required as far as I'm aware.
Old 08-12-2021, 21:44   #452
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, any renewal would have to be to a Volt bundle rather than Oomph so that would maintain the link to your O2 SIM.

As it's then not an Oomph bundle, the Virgin Mobile SIM would either go to a paid monthly plan or you could disconnect it if you don't need to keep the number, or do the PAC to move the number onto another provider.
Makes sense - thank you
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 21:49   #453
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

All those on Ultimate Volt that upgraded from Ultimate Oomph do know that the rrp of Ultimate Volt is £161 compared to Ultimate Oomph at £139. So when it comes to the price going up once the discount runs out, it will go up massively, even if you manage to get more discounts, I doubt it will be as cheap as what you got on Ultimate Oomph.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:40   #454
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
My Virgin SIM is unlimited everything- wasn’t yours?
Do you have Sky movies and Sport?
My Virgin sim when I took it out with a new phone a year ago was 100gb data but I'm much better off now that I've moved over to O2 as it's showing 350gb but I think it's meant to be unlimited data.

Yes,I've had movies and sport ever since I upgraded to Omph a couple of years ago.

Well it's Gig1 day today. Still not had my text from Yodel yet concerning the Superhub 4 delivery.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:44   #455
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
All those on Ultimate Volt that upgraded from Ultimate Oomph do know that the rrp of Ultimate Volt is £161 compared to Ultimate Oomph at £139. So when it comes to the price going up once the discount runs out, it will go up massively, even if you manage to get more discounts, I doubt it will be as cheap as what you got on Ultimate Oomph.
"Cheap"? Nothing about any of those bundles is cheap!!

I'm paying £36 for Gig1 and £8 for a 30GB O2 Sim. That's about right imo.

I guess the bit you absolutely pay through the nose for is the crappy TV service.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:12   #456
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
"Cheap"? Nothing about any of those bundles is cheap!!

I'm paying £36 for Gig1 and £8 for a 30GB O2 Sim. That's about right imo.

I guess the bit you absolutely pay through the nose for is the crappy TV service.
Some people are paying around £100 for the full package on Ultimate Oomph, that's pretty cheap in comparison to what it should be. I was commenting on how this might go up considering the price rise of Ultimate Volt.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:38   #457
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Some people are paying around £100 for the full package on Ultimate Oomph, that's pretty cheap in comparison to what it should be. I was commenting on how this might go up considering the price rise of Ultimate Volt.
I disagree, you're basing the idea of what it "should" be on what VM offer it at, rather than what it's actually worth.

If I sell a chocolate bar for £100, but it's an offer and the "normal" price is £200, it doesn't make it cheap.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:28   #458
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I disagree, you're basing the idea of what it "should" be on what VM offer it at, rather than what it's actually worth.

If I sell a chocolate bar for £100, but it's an offer and the "normal" price is £200, it doesn't make it cheap.
So what's it actually worth? When you add everything together, I think you'll find it's good value IF you're going to be using it all.

For someone that just has 30gb sim and broadband, you're obviously not going to see the value.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:43   #459
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
So what's it actually worth? When you add everything together, I think you'll find it's good value IF you're going to be using it all.

For someone that just has 30gb sim and broadband, you're obviously not going to see the value.
For me to go to it at the "offer" price would increase my costs £54/m. After the offer price, it's £161 a month.

I can just about finance a car for that, but it's £117 for some TV services.

If I wanted TV, Sky would give me TV and Netflix for £26/m. Bundles are supposed to be discounted!
Old 10-12-2021, 14:12   #460
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Installed my Hub 4 yesterday for my Gig1 upgrade but rang them back this morning because my two pods won't connect to my hub. The guy asked me to reboot which I'd already done several times and he said he would ring me back at 11am but I've heard nothing with my pods still flashing.

Is there anything I should change in the Hub 4 settings?
Old 10-12-2021, 14:17   #461
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No, you can't fix it yourself, it has to be done remotely by VM
Old 10-12-2021, 14:22   #462
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Installed my Hub 4 yesterday for my Gig1 upgrade but rang them back this morning because my two pods won't connect to my hub. The guy asked me to reboot which I'd already done several times and he said he would ring me back at 11am but I've heard nothing with my pods still flashing.

Is there anything I should change in the Hub 4 settings?
When I upgraded to Gig1, I received a phone call a few days later saying my Pod is now active with the new Hub 4. Maybe they will do the same for you.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 14:40   #463
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I've been on 1Gig for just under 2 years. The Hub 4 is in modem mode.

I just wanted to report that the engineer who upgraded my home to TV360 also arranged activation for IP telephony on the Hub 4.

The result is that my 22 year old BT AC4600 Conference Unit plugged worked immediately when plugged into Hub 4 telephony port 1, using the original RJ11 cable (via VM supplied adaptor).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 14:45   #464
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
For me to go to it at the "offer" price would increase my costs £54/m. After the offer price, it's £161 a month.

I can just about finance a car for that, but it's £117 for some TV services.

If I wanted TV, Sky would give me TV and Netflix for £26/m. Bundles are supposed to be discounted!
I'm not sure what you are talking about. You're clearly not in the market for a bundle like Ultimate Oomph, so will never find it good value if you don't want it.

You've compared to Sky, yet aren't comparing equivalent packages. £26pm isn't going to give you Sky Sports or Sky Movies for instance, nor will it give you 4k (I believe)

My car finance is £320, but then again, I'm not sure what car finance has to do with anything.

You're finding fault in something you're not interested in. The people that want fast broadband, unlimited sim, top TV package, the current reduced prices are value for money. I was simply pointing out for those people that Ultimate Volt comes with a big increase, so the recontract deals might not be as good.
Old 10-12-2021, 14:46   #465
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I've been on 1Gig for just under 2 years. The Hub 4 is in modem mode.

I just wanted to report that the engineer who upgraded my home to TV360 also arranged activation for IP telephony on the Hub 4.

The result is that my 22 year old BT AC4600 Conference Unit plugged worked immediately when plugged into Hub 4 telephony port 1, using the original RJ11 cable (via VM supplied adaptor).
Are there benefits switching to VIOP from the physically land line?