Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Potential new customer questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Potential new customer questions

Old 14-09-2022, 10:12   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Potential new customer questions

If you port your number over from a BT Phone line to Virgin Media will this automatically cancel your broadband with your provider as well ?

On the 200mb package with VM , if after activation we add an O2 sim only offer do we get double data and get a boost to our home broadband speed if so to what ?

What is peak time contention like these days on Virgin as this was the main issue we had years ago when we were last with them ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2022, 10:16   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Potential new customer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
A - If you port your number over from a BT Phone line to Virgin Media will this automatically cancel your broadband with your provider as well ?

B - On the 200mb package with VM , if after activation we add an O2 sim only offer do we get double data and get a boost to our home broadband speed if so to what ?

C - What is peak time contention like these days on Virgin as this was the main issue we had years ago when we were last with them ?
A - Don't know
B - Yes to the double data on the Sim, and boost to 350Mb
C - Haven't had any congestion (peak time or otherwise) in years.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2022, 10:21   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks Hugh

Do all installs now receive the Hub 5 or is this whatever is on the van that day ?
Old 14-09-2022, 10:32   #4
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

In regards to no 1, yes it'll auto cancel (at least it has the last 2 i've done)
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2022, 10:46   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's technically the phoneline only. Some providers will cancel broadband once there isn't an active line.

And Gig1 customers will get a Hub 5 now, others would get a Hub 3 or 4.
Old 14-09-2022, 11:04   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Thanks for the responses , what’s the Wi-Fi coverage like on the Hub 3 and 4 Ben ? And will the Hub 3 work perfectly well with the 350mb tier ?

Last edited by muppetman11; 14-09-2022 at 11:12.
Old 14-09-2022, 11:14   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I had the Hub3 when I was on 500, and it was fine…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2022, 11:46   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Re 1. if you wish to keep a ,presumably, FTTC connection as a back up, I suggest you move it to EE broadband only.
As there will be no telephone number associated with the broadband you can migrate your number to VM.
BT intend to transfer all broadband customers to EE anyway.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2022, 10:10   #9
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's technically the phoneline only. Some providers will cancel broadband once there isn't an active line.

And Gig1 customers will get a Hub 5 now, others would get a Hub 3 or 4.
when did that start to happen ive been on gig1 yonks and still cant get a hub 5 out of them still get the its not out yet unless ya get a invite crap, i just want that dam 2.5Gb port lol
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2022, 10:28   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

New Gig1 customers started getting the Hub 5 when the WiFi Max with WiFi Guarantee launched the other week, as it's WiFi Max then also enabled Pod support with the Hub 5.

Not sure what the plan is for existing Gig1 customers who currently have a Hub 4. I think all existing Intelligent WiFi Plus customers need to get moved to WiFi Max first.
Old 15-09-2022, 11:18   #11
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
New Gig1 customers started getting the Hub 5 when the WiFi Max with WiFi Guarantee launched the other week, as it's WiFi Max then also enabled Pod support with the Hub 5.

Not sure what the plan is for existing Gig1 customers who currently have a Hub 4. I think all existing Intelligent WiFi Plus customers need to get moved to WiFi Max first.
I filled in the form for a Hub5 (currently have a Hub 4 on Gig1) and was told I wasn't allowed a , because I already have a 4 so it looks like they're not keen on changing existing customers.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2022, 12:11   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

If ordering Stream with your Broadband do the installers bring this and setup or is it posted out to you ?
Old 15-09-2022, 14:08   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Pretty sure the installers will have it if your broadband is getting an attended install.
Old 16-09-2022, 19:58   #14
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I just changed my package as it was due up next month, I was offered the new Hub 5 and a 1Gig upgrade, is the main connection to the new Hub 5 the same as previous hubs? I noticed on a video that the cable just slides onto the new hub, but with the hub I have at the moment, I had to use a small plastic spanner to connect it.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 20:06   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I just changed my package as it was due up next month, I was offered the new Hub 5 and a 1Gig upgrade, is the main connection to the new Hub 5 the same as previous hubs? I noticed on a video that the cable just slides onto the new hub, but with the hub I have at the moment, I had to use a small plastic spanner to connect it.
It just slides on now and has for the past 10 yrs. It is tight though, I've never had a problem with it.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote