Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

Old 20-09-2022, 14:07   #181
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has DIED. R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Didn't the BBC produce the main feed?

Not the annoying cuts back to studio.

When Sky did cut to somewhere, they maintained split screen.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2022, 19:08   #182
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I guess, BBC, Sky, ITV etc, must have some agreement for events like this to spread the cameras, as sometimes the feed was identical on several channels.

Now to wait for the viewing figures, which could be around 4.1 billion according to some.
Old 21-09-2022, 19:53   #183
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am pretty sure the BBC do most of the work and give the feed over to everyone else. You can only have a few camera crews around. This is what the BBC is for after all.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 20:13   #184
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I am pretty sure the BBC do most of the work and give the feed over to everyone else. You can only have a few camera crews around. This is what the BBC is for after all.
https://www.slashgear.com/1013947/ho...ral-broadcast/

Quote:
The BBC is relying on a whopping 213 cameras for its Queen Elizabeth II funeral coverage, including livestreaming the entire event on September 19, 2022 across the world. Host broadcaster for the funeral, the BBC, will be working alongside Sky and ITN in the UK, as well as international partners, with footage in many cases pooled to minimize overlap and complexity of the multi-location event.
Old 21-09-2022, 20:59   #185
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah. I am guessing that the BBC did all of the central London bit and all of the Windsor bit at least. Maybe Sky/ITV pooled footage of areas outside London and some bits after Hyde Park when they switched to aerial shots? Or the BBC for all of it.

Again the shots inside the respective buildings were excellent as were the shots down The Mail, at Wellington Arch and outside Windsor. It was clearly planned down to each frame. Look at the way they smoothly followed the coffin from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey. The overhead shot as they went through Horse Guards Parade where the camera went up and pivoted so you didn't lose sight of it.

If it was a film you would be impressed, that it was live is amazing.
Old 27-09-2022, 21:07   #186
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

On the 8th of September when they used the word "Comfortable" I knew that HM The Queen was at end of life, as in July the word "comfortable" was used about my dad if his condition deteriorated. Luckily, he's pulled through.
Old 27-09-2022, 21:41   #187
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Yeah my feeling was the BBC did most of the work but sharing footage with other TV companies. I think on this occasion it wasn't about viewing figures,just giving the best possible service regardless of which channel you watch on. It was anyway a fantastic coverage
telegramsam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 14:16   #188
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: The Queens cause of death has been officially recorded as “old age” on her death certificate. The time of death was recorded at 3:10pm on 8/9/22.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 14:47   #189
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I still don't understand how 'old age' can be a primary cause? Surely you die because something gives up which may be the consequence of old age. Your heart gives up, you have pneumonia or something?
Old 29-09-2022, 15:16   #190
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
I still don't understand how 'old age' can be a primary cause? Surely you die because something gives up which may be the consequence of old age. Your heart gives up, you have pneumonia or something?
If death is sudden or unexplained then an inquest has to be held. If however a terminal decline in health is evident and this is attested to by a doctor, within a couple of weeks of death, then there isn’t an inquest, there isn’t a post-mortem and there may well not be a diagnosed cause of death. ‘Old age’ can and is an acceptable explanation for multiple organ failure caused by a body no longer being able to replenish itself.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 15:50   #191
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I think a few posts are missing from page 2 of this thread. I recall someone mention that the Royal Standard had been taken down at Balmoral (BBC live footage) and that would have been around the 15:10 mark.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 15:51   #192
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If death is sudden or unexplained then an inquest has to be held. If however a terminal decline in health is evident and this is attested to by a doctor, within a couple of weeks of death, then there isn’t an inquest, there isn’t a post-mortem and there may well not be a diagnosed cause of death. ‘Old age’ can and is an acceptable explanation for multiple organ failure caused by a body no longer being able to replenish itself.
She may have already been diagnosed with terminal decline, if death was expected, doctors would issue a Statement of Intent, which basically would nullify the legal necessity for a Post-mortem. The Queen herself may have exercised her power to not permit it upon her death or existing members of the Royal family. A death certificate cannot however, be left blank, so only probable cause can be recorded as old age.

Old age itself is a very viable and recordable cause. We’re not immortals, death and taxes are certain.
Old 29-09-2022, 15:58   #193
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I think a few posts are missing from page 2 of this thread. I recall someone mention that the Royal Standard had been taken down at Balmoral (BBC live footage) and that would have been around the 15:10 mark.

That was a post by Chris IIRC.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 15:59   #194
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

There are no deleted/missing posts between 2pm and 4pm.

In any case. The Royal Standard would have remained where it was, if King Charles would have been present. The standard always represents the monarch, and that would have instantly transferred to Charles on the Queens death.
Old 29-09-2022, 16:03   #195
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I don't why but the vagueness of it drives me nuts generally (not just in this case).

Quote:

That was Chris. Nerd.