Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media O2 Introduces UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media O2 Introduces UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee

Old 05-09-2022, 17:46   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Virgin Media O2 Introduces UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee

Not seen this posted so thought I'd add it (it's already made tech news sites)

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/vir...or-money-back/

Quote:
Virgin Media O2 is today announcing the UK’s fastest WiFi guarantee from a major broadband provider, promising customers minimum download speeds of 20Mbps in every room of their home or £100 credit back.
Quote:
  • New guarantee promises minimum download speeds of 20Mbps in every room or £100 back
  • The guarantee will be included at no extra cost in Gig 1 broadband and Volt bundles, or for £8 a month with M50-M500 packages
  • The newly updated Connect app enables customers to monitor their broadband speeds and improve in-home connectivity
Worth saying that the updated app hasn't yet made it to all Android devices due to the way the Play Store works. iOS devices can get it via the App Store if it's not already updated.
Old 17-09-2022, 03:37   #2
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media O2 Introduces UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee

So...I (think) have updated the app and scanned my house. Two deadspots on the WiFi both no more than 10mb/s.
What do I do with this info - contact VM to resolve?
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2022, 11:40   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Some more details here including how to get your first Pod https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max
Old 21-09-2022, 11:58   #4
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Some more details here including how to get your first Pod https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max
Got a text about 'WiFi Max' yesterday and thought it a bit odd - Saying "We're upgrading your Intelligent WiFi Plus subscription in the next month or so" - I guess that was because I'd been on the 'Pod' trial initially...

Are they intending to swap out the old pods for something new now, then or just a new subscription model?

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 15:24   #5
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Got an email about the guarantee etc. Not on any of the top packs mentioned above but was on the trial. Looks like the same Pods.... As long as they do not ask for £8 per month I'll be happy.
Old 21-09-2022, 21:06   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

If you've already got Pods you'll keep them when you're moved over.