Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do I add a short cut

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

How do I add a short cut

Old 14-06-2022, 11:10   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question How do I add a short cut

am about to purchase a new computer.

How do I add a shortcut, for example, Google, BBC etcetera
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2022, 11:14   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: How do I add a shoot cut

Highlight the url in the address bar and drag it to the desktop or right click / new / shortcut and add url then name it.

If the computer has win 11 you may need to right click / more options / new / shortcut

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

I just add the ones I use most to the browsers quick launch. ( I use Brave)
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 11:17   #3
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Highlight the url in the address bar and drag it to the desktop or right click / new / shortcut and add url then name it.

If the computer has win 11 you may need to right click / more options / new / shortcut

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

I just add the ones I use most to the browsers quick launch. ( I use Brave)
A good tip I must add a browser. Thanks
Old 14-06-2022, 11:39   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

It should have Edge

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Let us see what computer you are buying because I may be able to find you a better deal. There are often some good ones on HUKD all levels from a couple of hundred quid to thousands
Old 15-06-2022, 11:07   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It should have Edge

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Let us see what computer you are buying because I may be able to find you a better deal. There are often some good ones on HUKD all levels from a couple of hundred quid to thousands
It will be a custom, Windows, 220 meg SSD, 1 gig SATA, i5 or greater Intel processor,
Old 15-06-2022, 11:20   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
It will be a custom, Windows, 220 meg SSD, 1 gig SATA, i5 or greater Intel processor,
I think you may have got the terms incorrect there. You will ned 240GB SSD with a 1TB Sata although I would suggest if you can afford it a 1TB SSD instead. You will want at least 8GB Ram. Also if you are not buying a graphics card you would be better off with a Ryzen G processor and the on chip graphics are better with AMD
Old 15-06-2022, 13:56   #7
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think you may have got the terms incorrect there. You will ned 240GB SSD with a 1TB Sata although I would suggest if you can afford it a 1TB SSD instead. You will want at least 8GB Ram. Also if you are not buying a graphics card you would be better off with a Ryzen G processor and the on chip graphics are better with AMD
You are correct, I got my meg and gig mixed up! The 240Gig SSD will house my Window and applications, the 1 TB SATA will house my data so an SSD is not needed there, and yes I will have at least 8GB of RAM. Yes, I will need a graphics card but I have not decided which. It is likely to be the a midi tower.
Old 15-06-2022, 14:19   #8
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Re: How do I add a short cut

Do you game or render media?
If you do not why do you need a dedicated card?

Reasoning for SSD over Sata
Firstly cost 1TB 3.5 Mechanical is not the sweet spot value wise. It will cost you £40 for a shingled drive SMR it could cost you £60 for a CMR drive. SMR you lose a lot of performance. You can buy the Crucial BX500 SSD for £66 for 1TB so the cost is not a massive difference
Secondly Mechanical drives noise whereas SSDs do not they also create more heat than an SSD
Old 21-09-2022, 22:52   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
Ya Jay I didnt realise that worked!!

All I did was click on the icon in my address bar (Beforer the URL) and drag it to my desktop!! (I just tried it to see if it would work,I hadnt done that before)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote