Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 19:30   #46
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Utv hd is on 103. SD still on 113
Thanks for info.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2022, 21:04   #47
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I'm in Oxford and got the message on my V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Has anyone else seen this "onscreen message" in England?

I can confirm it not on BBC ALBA or BBC Parliament here in Scotland. Also in Scotland we have nothing on Channel 113 so Virgin can move BBC Scotland HD to channel 113 or put BBC THREE HD on Channel 113 in Scotland and Wales.

Also I am doing an wee bit of house keeping on my blog so can I ask anyone tell me if UTV HD is on Channel 103 or 113?
Old 07-01-2022, 21:46   #48
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Look like the following HD Channels is set to launch on Channels 108 or 858 from Tuesday

BBC One HD London - for viewers in Greater London, Lots of Surrey, Parts of Essex, Parts Of Bedfordshire, Parts Of Buckinghamshire, Parts of Kent, Parts of Hertfordshire and Parts of West Sussex.

BBC One HD East [East] - for viewers in East of England.

BBC One HD East [West] - for viewers in Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and parts of Buckinghamshire.

BBC One East Mids - for viewers in East Midlands of England.

BBC One NE & C - for viewers in North East of England and Cumbria.

BBC One North West - for viewers in North West of England.

BBC One Oxford - for viewers in Oxfordshire & Parts of Wiltshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.

BBC One South - for viewers in South of England.

BBC One South East - for viewers in Kent and East Sussex.

BBC One South West - for viewers in South West of England.

BBC One West - for viewers in West of England.

BBC One West Mids - for viewers in West Midlands of England.

BBC One Yorks - for viewers in Yorkshire and North Midlands.

BBC One East Yorks & Lin - for viewers in East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

Note ALL Channels listed has been testing off the EPG since November 19th 2021.

I think they will launch on Channel 108/858 moving to channel 101 at an later date.
Old 07-01-2022, 23:08   #49
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

It will probably be BBC One HD England but allocated to regional service IDs. The regional SIDs were added some time ago but the NIT hasn't yet been updated. Presumably, the change coming next week will simply be the NIT being updated. Nothing is actually testing as such, the old England SID and the new regional SIDs link to the same video and audio streams. Virgin will then be prepared to switch to the actual HD regional services as soon as they become available.

The 858 HD service IDs probably won't be added until the actual HD regions are available.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:14   #50
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sorry - it was a 360 software which had this.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2022, 14:28   #51
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It will probably be BBC One HD England but allocated to regional service IDs. The regional SIDs were added some time ago but the NIT hasn't yet been updated. Presumably, the change coming next week will simply be the NIT being updated. Nothing is actually testing as such, the old England SID and the new regional SIDs link to the same video and audio streams. Virgin will then be prepared to switch to the actual HD regional services as soon as they become available.

The 858 HD service IDs probably won't be added until the actual HD regions are available.
Got the following last night on my Twitter feed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by a516digital via Twitter View Post
Current BBC One HD (England) feed due to convert to London HD on 14th according to TiVo listings data. So only a short transition period to get those series links sorted!
https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...89287142297600
Old 08-01-2022, 17:35   #52
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Sorry - it was a 360 software which had this.
What is your box listing for Channel 108 on January 14th at 6.30pm? Is it BBC London?

Anyone from England can help me.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-01-2022 at 17:46.
Old 08-01-2022, 18:12   #53
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Yes - says 'BBC London'

Quote:
What is your box listing for Channel 108 on January 14th at 6.30pm? Is it BBC London?

Old 08-01-2022, 18:19   #54
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

In Mansfield (East Midlands) advertises BBC London 14 January 18.30 instead of test card advising you to select 101. How is that an improvement?
Old 08-01-2022, 19:00   #55
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Got the following last night on my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...89287142297600

It does look promising but I'd advise some caution when making predictions from the EPG. The EPG listing you are seeing is for SID10127 and that service ID doesn't become the London feed, it will end when the services migrate to the new regional SIDs. Anything listed for the channel after the 11th is unreliable. I would normally ask for data for the regional SIDs but, from what I have been told, they have not yet been populated with programme listings. Checking the EPG listings after the change on the 11th will probably be more reliable than checking what is there now.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
In Mansfield (East Midlands) advertises BBC London 14 January 18.30 instead of test card advising you to select 101. How is that an improvement?
You aren't seeing the listings for the East Midlands, at the moment, everyone in England is seeing the same listings for service id 10127. Eventually, that service will be swept away and replaced by regional services 10178 to 10191, At the moment, these are still pre-configured for EPG channel 108 and are all labelled "BBC ONE HD" with no region in the name. Check the EPG listings after the change on the 11th for more accurate information.
Old 08-01-2022, 19:33   #56
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I was told last night that Local BBC News in HD is set to launch on January 14th on Virgin Channel 108.

But on January 11th you will need to reset any series links you have for BBC 1 HD (Channel 108) as you will move from BBC One HD England to BBC One HD East Mids ahead of you local news starting to be shown in HD from January 14th.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information I post on Cable Forum, Media Boy Blog or Media Boy on Twitter is subject to change.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:06   #57
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Eurosport to launch "pop up channels" next month.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/eurosport-...mpics-coverage
Old 09-01-2022, 03:15   #58
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

will the HD variations of BBC One be available? So for example im going to have BBC one north west but will i able to see BBC north east HD for example like i can for the SD versions??
Old 09-01-2022, 08:58   #59
ozsat
cf.mega poster

It has now changed to 'This is BBC One HD' - so more likely a guide error.

Quote:

Last edited by ozsat; 09-01-2022 at 09:02.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:52   #60
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

What exactly will happen to the series links?
Will they still be there, but won't find any programmes because labelling of the channel has changed?
What happens to any individual recordings set up in the "My Planned Recordings"?
Closed Thread