Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Paid-for Malwarebytes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Paid-for Malwarebytes

Old 20-09-2022, 17:34   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Paid-for Malwarebytes

Due to the issues I described in my other discussion topic, one option is to run paid-for Malwarebytes as I want to have a realtime scanner which is what paid-for products provide. I've used it for years and it has never gone wrong, unlike Norton and McAfee.

The only issues that i have is that it's only for malware (and not spyware, viruses and other nasties) and the scans only appear to target part of the computer (30,000 files) compared the six figure numbers that Norton and McAfee scan.

Do any Cabelforum suers have paid-for Malwarebytes and if so, is it something to consider as if I did buy it, I wouldn't use any other security programme.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2022, 17:40   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Paid-for Malwarebytes

Sorry, I only use the free version, to scan about once a month.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2022, 17:45   #3
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Thank you for such a speedy reply Paul.

This has bene the same with man option to get that real-time scanner.
Old 20-09-2022, 17:54   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Due to the issues I described in my other discussion topic, one option is to run paid-for Malwarebytes as I want to have a realtime scanner which is what paid-for products provide. I've used it for years and it has never gone wrong, unlike Norton and McAfee.

The only issues that i have is that it's only for malware (and not spyware, viruses and other nasties) and the scans only appear to target part of the computer (30,000 files) compared the six figure numbers that Norton and McAfee scan.

Do any Cabelforum suers have paid-for Malwarebytes and if so, is it something to consider as if I did buy it, I wouldn't use any other security programme.
errrm Malwarebytes does scan for spyware. Spyware is Malware and it also is an antivirus as well

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

https://www.malwarebytes.com/spyware

Spyware. Although it sounds like a James Bond gadget, it’s actually a type of malware that infects your PC or mobile device and gathers information about you,

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antivir...%20patch%20yet.

Malwarebytes does it all although the AV component last time I read reviews was not brill but ok

You also set custom scans Malwarebytes will do a complete and thorough can complete with a few warning about files that are actually fine

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

On the sales page it makes it clear it is AV and AM https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing
Old 21-09-2022, 18:59   #5
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Thank you for a most helpful post Jaymoss.

If Malwarebytes does provide a decent AV then that might be the call as this is the one security programme that ash never had issues as I am noticing that McAfee fails all automatic updates and I only get the latest definitions via a manual update.

Plus the customer service from both McAfee and Norton is the worst of the worst.