Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon Alexa app store download

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Amazon Alexa app store download

Old 02-09-2022, 10:02   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Amazon Alexa app store download

Hi all don't know if this is the right forum, please move if necessary.

I spent a great deal of time yesterday and again today trying to download the Amazon Alexa app to register my new Echo, but no joy. One even asked me to pay a subscription of 100 dollars annually. I don't mind if it's a link for Windows 10 pc, or Galaxy s20 as long as I can register. By the way I've just asked it to play BBC radio 2 and it says in an American voice, sorry I don't know that one.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2022, 10:11   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Amazon Alexa app store download

Which App Store are you after … Google or Apple?

(Edit) link to official Alexa app in the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620

You will be able to use the app to tie your Echo to your Amazon account and correctly register it as being in use in the UK.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:41   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Do you have a laptop or PC to try it on ?

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

I read properly and you do https://apps.microsoft.com/store/det...hl=en-gb&gl=gb

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

here is the play store app for your galaxy https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_GB&gl=US

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

If you bought it from Amazon it is likely already tied to your account and that would explain how it worked out the box. Normally without linking to an alexa account it would do nothing. Have you set something up before? like a firestick or something as once you have it will remember your wifi too

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Which App Store are you after … Google or Apple?

(Edit) link to official Alexa app in the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620

You will be able to use the app to tie your Echo to your Amazon account and correctly register it as being in use in the UK.
she said Galaxy S20 I too did not read it all first time
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 14:57   #4
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks for that Chris and Jaymoss, I did eventually manage to download the Alexa app eventually, however after spending a fruitless 2hrs 40mins on the pc to Amazon and speaking to 7 different people, they were unable to solve the problem that When I asked Alexa to play BBC2 it kept telling me SW! was not available. So it's going back, I've had enough, pity.
Old 02-09-2022, 17:56   #5
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thanks for that Chris and Jaymoss, I did eventually manage to download the Alexa app eventually, however after spending a fruitless 2hrs 40mins on the pc to Amazon and speaking to 7 different people, they were unable to solve the problem that When I asked Alexa to play BBC2 it kept telling me SW! was not available. So it's going back, I've had enough, pity.
BBC2 is a television channel. Have you tried Radio 2 ommiting BBC?
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 20:53   #6
Tinky
To err is human

Hi Pip to clarify I asked it to play BBC radio 2 and also BBC sounds, it completely ignored any request even though I had enabled this in yet another suggested site by Amazon. Plus the American accent was getting on my twits, when I asked for an English accent it told me it was compatible with the area I was in, been down here 43 years and have yet to hear a Cornish person with an American voice.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:39   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Your device settings should be able to correct this if you set your home address as its location.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 14:13   #8
Tinky
To err is human

It's boxed up ready to post Chris, I should have been informed of that when I spent all that time conversing with there 7 agents.
Old 03-09-2022, 14:20   #9
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Are you going to try with a replacement? I have the Show 5 as my bedside clock and a Show 8 in the living room and really like them
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:08   #10
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Don't know if I could cope with a show and bedroom device. I have a dot clock with brightness right down and that's a bit bright. (I would want time showing all the time.) I tried with phone but again the dimmest setting is still too bright. It's the backlight I think that does it so the black isn't really black with a really dim clock face. Maybe newer devices would be better.