Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 00:06   #316
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Go for it!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2023, 02:45   #317
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sky are undoubtedly the best value for T,V, apart from maybe those who want BT Sport. Even then they have to factor in an extra subscription for Now TV if they also want Sky Atlantic (and are effectively paying for the Sky channels twice).

For those who aren't bothered about being able to record, Now TV as a complete replacement is a no brainer if it has all the channels you want.

BT allows you to record Now TV though. BT offered me half price Now TV for 2 years, a free installation of a landline and said that they would buy me out of my Virgin contract.
Depending on what you want Sky stream might be a better option as that has a lot more channels including the Discovery and Nat geo ones which now doesn't have.
Atm there is a free 1 month trial on it, no upfront fee, nothing to pay for a month then a monthly rolling contract at £29p/m.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:20   #318
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Sky Kids HD added to channel 707 on Virgin TV, with the new channel launching on 13th February.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:22   #319
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Depending on what you want Sky stream might be a better option as that has a lot more channels including the Discovery and Nat geo ones which now doesn't have.
Atm there is a free 1 month trial on it, no upfront fee, nothing to pay for a month then a monthly rolling contract at £29p/m.
£29pm is a lot more than Now TV Entertainment (£10pm) with a current offer of £12pm for Now Entertainment with Now Cinema. Even if it does include Netflix.

I think they're basically aimed at different markets - Now TV is an add-on for Freeview and Freesat users. Sky Stream covers the free and paid-for channels like Sky satellite or VM.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:42   #320
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
£29pm is a lot more than Now TV Entertainment (£10pm) with a current offer of £12pm for Now Entertainment with Now Cinema. Even if it does include Netflix.

I think they're basically aimed at different markets - Now TV is an add-on for Freeview and Freesat users. Sky Stream covers the free and paid-for channels like Sky satellite or VM.
...and for Virgin customers who want access to Sky Atlantic or who want to save money by downgrading to Mixit and replacing the lost channels with Now TV instead of paying for the channels twice.

I never pay Now TV standard pricing. By going through the online cancellation proces, the cheapest Sky Movies I've had is for free and the cheapest Entertainment £1 a month.

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
Exactly. Each service has pros & cons & prices vary.

To escape the forthcoming price rise, I urge people to do a channel audit to see what channels th ey watch (and for how long) and then look for the cheapest option that gives them what they want.

For Virgin customers this could mean changing supplier or simply downgrading their TV pack (you'd be surprised what the lowest pack-Mixit- now offers.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:53   #321
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
...and for Virgin customers who want access to Sky Atlantic or who want to save money by downgrading to Mixit and replacing the lost channels with Now TV instead of paying for the channels twice.

I never pay Now TV standard pricing. By going through the online cancellation proces, the cheapest Sky Movies I've had is for free and the cheapest Entertainment £1 a month..
Definitely used to be the best deals on Now TV, whether they're so generous now I'm not sure.
I suspect it's just keen VM TV viewers like those on this forum who get Now TV to get Sky Atlantic. Most VM viewers probably don't know it exists!
Old 10-02-2023, 11:11   #322
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

My Roku stick gets a lot more use than my V6 boxes.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Quote:
Definitely used to be the best deals on Now TV, whether they're so generous now I'm not sure.
I suspect it's just keen VM TV viewers like those on this forum who get Now TV to get Sky Atlantic. Most VM viewers probably don't know it exists!
NOW HD costing an extra six quid a month is taking the p*ss
Old 10-02-2023, 12:16   #323
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post

You can get it cheaper than that by playing the cancellation game, take a look at this thread:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-offers#latest

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Quote:
Apparently, there is an option to get Sky Stream for £26 if you agree to a contract. It's 18 months I think.
Old 10-02-2023, 13:01   #324
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Yes , if you want to Skip ads it's a extra £5pm on either rolling or 18 month contract and there is also no proper recording facility on Sky Stream/Glass

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 10-02-2023 at 13:06.
Old 10-02-2023, 14:30   #325
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

But the stream does include discovery+ too the top tier and movies on stream includes paramount+ so it kind of balances itself out.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
You can get it cheaper than that by playing the cancellation game, take a look at this thread:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-offers#latest

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Apparently, there is an option to get Sky Stream for £26 if you agree to a contract. It's 18 months I think.
Yes 18 months contract you can get sky sports too for £22p/m instead of £27p/m if you agree to 18 month contract but even £27p/m is a lot cheape than what it is on now, as i said it kind of balances itself out depending on what you want from tv.
One huge plus about both NOW and stream is none of those awful shopping and religious channels.
Old 11-02-2023, 18:24   #326
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post

I’ve never once paid £6 the max I’ve paid is £2.
Old 11-02-2023, 18:41   #327
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

When our current deal with VM is over we'll definitely consider moving down to the Mixit tier now that all the HD versions are included for the free TV channels, as we could get NOW for the pay TV channels we actually watch instead of using VM.

Many of the best pay TV channels that we used to watch have now closed down or been subsumed into Sky's portfolio. There is very little we watch that isn't included on NOW and it may be cheaper than paying for Maxit. That's not currently the case so depends on whether that changes.

NOW with HD channels will be £15.99 from next month, where the price difference between Mixit and Maxit is currently £9.51 so we'd obviously stick with VM if that's still the case.
Old 15-02-2023, 01:45   #328
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media has moved the following channels to a new broadcasting stream:

*5USA
*5STAR
*5Select
*5USA +1
*Channel 5 +1
*Reality Xtra
*Talking Pictures

If you are using TiVo and V6 boxes you need to update your favorites list to readd them.

Info thanks to epsilon
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-02-2023, 11:29   #329
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Virgin Media has moved the following channels to a new broadcasting stream:

*5USA
*5STAR
*5Select
*5USA +1
*Channel 5 +1
*Reality Xtra
*Talking Pictures

If you are using TiVo and V6 boxes you need to update your favorites list to readd them.

Info thanks to epsilon
Another group of channels changing transport streams to add to your list:

5STAR +1
Animal Planet +1
Babenation
Colors Gujarati
Create & Craft
Ideal World
Sky Sports Arena

Probably more to follow in the coming days as Virgin moves services around to fill the gaps left by the recently removed SD services.

Don't forget to update your favourites for Create & Craft and Ideal World guys.
Old 15-02-2023, 12:51   #330
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Why do +1 channels still exist? Does anybody watch them in these days of on demand and streaming services?
Closed Thread