Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-09-2005, 02:39   #766
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Hmmm I look forward to seeing you epic on FilmFour!
Cool so do i martin it's going to be the best film noir movie of the last 27 Years.
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2005, 17:44   #767
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

One Hour Photo - scared the whatsit out of me. It's not a scary film, but to watch Robin Williams play such a sinister character will leave you shaking for weeks

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 18:13   #768
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Robin is doing some of his best work at the moment - Insomnia and the recent Final Cut.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364343/
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 18:53   #769
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

downfall one of the best foreign language movies i have seen in a long time. 10/10
Old 23-09-2005, 17:56   #770
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Angry Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

I have just spent 2 hours watching the worst film of 2005, Revolver

It was abysmal. It is one of those films which is pretentious and tries to be clever, but fails miserably. Avoid it.

On the plus side, I had the biggest screen at the cinema all to myself.

EDIT: I forgot to rate it: 0/10.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 18:42   #771
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I have just spent 2 hours watching the worst film of 2005, Revolver

It was abysmal. It is one of those films which is pretentious and tries to be clever, but fails miserably. Avoid it.

On the plus side, I had the biggest screen at the cinema all to myself.

EDIT: I forgot to rate it: 0/10.
I will give it a miss than sounds like the Money is better spent on a beer or 2
Old 23-09-2005, 20:12   #772
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Alien Abduction - The MacPherson Tapes.

A Blair Witch style film about an American family at Thanksgiving who get attacked by aliens. Yes it's fake but it is VERY realistic, frighteningly realistic. Even at the end when the credits come up and you see the actors' names, you'll still be wondering if it's genuine.

It comes on Sky Movies occasionally so keep an eye out for it but be warned - don't watch it on your own!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 17:03   #773
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

"Broken Flowers" with Bill Murray. Not quite sure what to say really. He doesn't really act too much in it, and just delivers every line as if he's bored - kind of like Tom Hanks on Mogadon. It gives the impression that there is a message there, but I'm damned if I understood it. It ended with a whimper, and you could have missed the ending altogether; but then it was hard to tell where the story (if there was one) actually started, and what the plotline was.

I wouldn't recommend it.
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 17:25   #774
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Went to see Pride and Prejudice at the weekend. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The missus wasn't that impressed by Mr D'Arcy. Keira Knightley was looking gorgeous as usual.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 17:34   #775
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Asteroid - 5/10 - OK as far as it went, but not brilliant. I was somewhat dissapointed at the ending tho.

Dawn of the Dead (remake?) - 5/10 - Better than I expected.

The Time Machine (The old one that is ) - 8/10 - I love the oldie sci fi films .... And it has a time travelling cigar (Attached )

The Shawshank Redemption - 9/10 - Not bad - not bad at all...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 17:39   #776
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Nonsense that is nothing but a parlour trick great movie
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 17:41   #777
NEONKNIGHT

Thumbs up Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

SCHOOL OF ROCK - seen it recently on Sky and DVD.

Class (!) movie, well funny, recommend it !
Old 30-09-2005, 19:06   #778
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT
SCHOOL OF ROCK - seen it recently on Sky and DVD.

Class (!) movie, well funny, recommend it !
Also saw it on DVD, and it wasn't too bad. Jack Black is a really funny guy.
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 16:46   #779
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

The Woodsman 7/10

Very dark theme about a sex offender released back into society, trying to cope with the demons inside him. Kevin Bacon plays a great role which couldn't have been easy considering the theme of the film.

Wake Of Death 6.5/10

Yet another van damme fighting film, not bad though considering they're all pretty much the same.

Ray 7.5/10

Jamie Foxx with a great portrayal of Ray Charles. A little disappointing there was not much towards the end of his life, considering the film is just short of 2 1/2 hours. But then, the most interesting parts of his life were in the 50's and 60's. What a dark horse he was though

Regards.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 16:49   #780
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Banlieue 13
Very enjoyable!