Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 01-09-2005, 12:04   #706
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

"Unleashed"

I hadnt a clue what this was about when I was asked to go and see this movie, and when it started I thought "Oh dear this is going to be fighting sequences throughout the whole film".
BUT... This was not the case and there was actually a story behind itas it developed nicely. With Morgan Freeman playing an old blind man really well. The film has a few funny bits too and it turned in to a pleasent film to watch after all.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2005, 12:47   #707
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
"Unleashed"

I hadnt a clue what this was about when I was asked to go and see this movie, and when it started I thought "Oh dear this is going to be fighting sequences throughout the whole film".
BUT... This was not the case and there was actually a story behind itas it developed nicely. With Morgan Freeman playing an old blind man really well. The film has a few funny bits too and it turned in to a pleasent film to watch after all.
had this on region 3 dvd for weeks now under the name of Danny the Dog
Old 01-09-2005, 13:16   #708
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Last new movie was "The Island". This is quite a good film. Although it has nothing to do with Jerry Bruckhiemer (apart from the fact that previously, Micheal Bay has worked with Bruckhiemer), it's very similar in style to those films. Not a very developed storyline, although the characters are not well developed (deliberately so in some places), they are well acted, and the story is enjoyable.

Oh, and Scarlett Johansson looks extremly sexy with her hair down & slightly ruffled.

If you go to see this film expecting to see a wonderful & intelligent story, you will be disappointed. If you go to see it expecting an OK story, good special FX and stunts to make your jaw drop, you might like it.

Last film I saw? Watched Superman II on DVD the other night. Still love that film.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 20:28   #709
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
Last new movie was "The Island". This is quite a good film. Although it has nothing to do with Jerry Bruckhiemer (apart from the fact that previously, Micheal Bay has worked with Bruckhiemer), it's very similar in style to those films. Not a very developed storyline, although the characters are not well developed (deliberately so in some places), they are well acted, and the story is enjoyable.

Oh, and Scarlett Johansson looks extremly sexy with her hair down & slightly ruffled.

If you go to see this film expecting to see a wonderful & intelligent story, you will be disappointed. If you go to see it expecting an OK story, good special FX and stunts to make your jaw drop, you might like it.
Considering that it was a Michael Bay film, it wasn't bad Like you said, it's one of those films which you should not go into the film with your expectations high.

...and Scarlett Johansson did look good...

Last film I saw was Big Trouble in Little China. Plenty of cheesy lines

Quote:
[Jack starts up the Pork Chop Express]
Gracie: What was that?
Jack Burton: 6.9 on the Richter scale!
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 20:58   #710
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

just managed to watch road trip for the first time........
cheesy but funny
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 21:04   #711
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

late last week we had a cinema that was 45 years old original 1 screen, converted to 3 (Saturday morning films for 50p when a nipper) closed. My sister who works next door said builder are already ripping the insides out.
local paper covered it
http://www.herts-essex-news.co.uk/ne...0of%20film.lpf
Old 01-09-2005, 21:59   #712
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Always sad when that happens
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 22:03   #713
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

True... The cinema where I saw Star Wars (the Lewisham Odeon) is now part of the Lewisham High stree bypass. Similarly, there was an absolutey lovely cinema in Greenwich that is now a block of luxury apartments. Still, the other Greenwich cinema (the one nearest where I work) is re-opening as an all-digital cinema soon.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 22:38   #714
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Fantastic Four -

7/10 (including a bonus point for having Jessica Alba in a rather lovely costume).

Not bad, but not on a par with the X-Men & Spider-Man movies.

Took too long to get going, not enough happened until the end. Still, at least all the set up is out of the way now for when they inevitably do a sequel.

Stealth -

5/10.

Average, but enjoyable, action nonsense from the director of xXx
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:37   #715
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Average, but enjoyable, action nonsense
Talking of which, I watched The Core the other day.

This is a classic Disaster Movie, "classic" in the sense that not many minutes into the film I'd identified all the archetypal characters and predicted the nature of their demise (with pretty good accuracy!)

There's one good SF in-joke where the guy who built the craft they're going to use to get to the core refers to the material it's constructed from as "unobtainium"!

Pretty effects, cliched plot and dialogue. Whiles away an hour or two - 4/10.

Phone Booth, on the other hand, was a lot more interesting, it had some predictable bits in, but also some nice ideas and is definitely well executed.

What's best about it is that IIRC it runs only to about one hour and twenty minutes which is well timed, because any longer and it would lose its impact.

Definitely worth a watch - 7.5/10
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:56   #716
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
late last week we had a cinema that was 45 years old original 1 screen, converted to 3 (Saturday morning films for 50p when a nipper) closed. My sister who works next door said builder are already ripping the insides out.
local paper covered it
http://www.herts-essex-news.co.uk/ne...0of%20film.lpf
Seen many a movie there, also at the Waltham Cross one (now a Bingo hall)
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 20:47   #717
GreenBars
Inactive

GreenBars is on a distinguished roadGreenBars is on a distinguished road

I saw my first film (Star Wars) at the Harlow Odeon in '77. Haven't made that much use of it in recent years - probably only three times in the last six years. Guess I'm as responsible as anybody for its demise - it's too easy to go to a multiplex.
GreenBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:17   #718
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
had this on region 3 dvd for weeks now under the name of Danny the Dog
Gonna watch it this w/e

Watched Star Wars III (my 4yo calls it Star Whores ) last night......not bad 5-6/10
Old 02-09-2005, 21:44   #719
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

For anyone who rents dvd's online, I just seen this on my online rental website http://videoisland.com/corporate/new...html?item=1241 looks like I won't have a full service for a couple of weeks, but glad nobody was hurt.

Regards.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:51   #720
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Gonna watch it this w/e

Watched Star Wars III (my 4yo calls it Star Whores ) last night......not bad 5-6/10
what have you been teaching them

i watched 'the perfect match' recently, something diffarent to what i normally watch but it was a fine movie, its basically about a mother (heather locklear) who dates guys but never finds a reliable one so they keep moving houses state to state, so one of her children (hilary duff) gets the help of a new female freinds father and starts talking to her father who gives her advice on what makes the perfect man.... i wont spoil the rest
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote