Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 21-08-2005, 00:43   #691
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

28 days later 5/10

white noise 7/10

Darkness 6/10
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2005, 01:00   #692
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

War of the Worlds - 8/10

Fantastic 4 - 7/10

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 00:35   #693
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold

Just got back from Charlie and the chocolate factory, and i thought it would be quite cruddy, but i quite liked it, it was different, but good
Also a little fact my friend told me, dont know if its already been mentioned, but the little guy that played the oompa loopmas plays frodo in lord of the rings
I'd say 8/10 much better than expected!
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 01:47   #694
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdtowg
Just got back from Charlie and the chocolate factory, and i thought it would be quite cruddy, but i quite liked it, it was different, but good
Also a little fact my friend told me, dont know if its already been mentioned, but the little guy that played the oompa loopmas plays frodo in lord of the rings
I'd say 8/10 much better than expected!
no he does not http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0746989/ Deep Roy from said film

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000704/ Elijah Wood aka frodo
Old 23-08-2005, 02:56   #695
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold

lol zingle thanks for the helpful reply, however i actually meant that the mini-frodo was the little guy in the chocolate factory (at least, that's what i was told). any idiot can tell that brazilian guy isn't elijah wood
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 08:52   #696
zing_deleted

If you look at Deep Roys profile on imdb there is no mention of LOTR .If he was a double or even a bit part it would I imagine be mentioned there as all his other roles even un named ones are there
He is also Kenyan
Old 23-08-2005, 09:02   #697
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Mr & Mrs Smith..................It wasn't so much a turkey as the turkeys steaming droppings.............
Old 23-08-2005, 09:33   #698
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Mr & Mrs Smith..................It wasn't so much a turkey as the turkeys steaming droppings.............
OOppps Is that one I did you ??? sowwy dude if it was
Old 23-08-2005, 09:36   #699
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

I saw "The Interpreter" with Nicole Kidman, last night and thought it was very good. It kept you interested and was intelligent enough not to feed you every bit of information.
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 09:52   #700
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
OOppps Is that one I did you ??? sowwy dude if it was
lol.......it's not your fault that hollywood makes turkeys
Old 23-08-2005, 10:56   #701
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06

Deuce Bigalow, European Gigolo
Though it funny but not quite as hilarious as his first movie. still some really funny scenes, if you want a laugh
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 22:19   #702
ellie
Inactive

Services: All except sky one :(
ellie has reached the bronze age
ellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze age

The Fantastic Four ...Cool movie, liked it alot

The Island ...Brilliant movie, Loved it
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 23:48   #703
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Dead Man's Shoes 3/10

Creep 4/10 - watchable, but only just

Regards.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2005, 00:12   #704
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

In a bizarre way, I found Creep interesting, although that's mainly because I used to travel on the Jubilee line from Charing Cross each day, and they filmed a lot of the film on an around the Jubilee line platforms at Charing Cross (which are now closed to the public). So, it was interesing in an "I've been there sort of way". Also, Franke Portente looked nice, and was good (as she always is). Apart from that, the film was rubbish.

Just finished watching Superman. Still (IMO) the best superhero film. Especially when watched with the surround sound switched on.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 09:40   #705
kookook
Inactive

kookook is on a distinguished roadkookook is on a distinguished road

Raging Bull: Excellent movie, though somewhat overrated by many, I think. 4 out of 5, nevertheless.

Terminator 3: Meh. It certainly could have been worse. Some of the one-liners were terrible, but that My So Called Life chick did somewhat redeem the movie. The super terminator was pretty hot, too. 2.5 out of 5.

Solaris: ***? It was certainly an interesting character study...I guess. It's just that the damn film didn't make any sense. They said in the movie "There doesn't have to be a reason," and I guess that's right, but the payoff at the end fell short for me. Good, moody cinematography and a script that does make one think saves this movie from truly sucking, in my mind. 3 out of 5.
kookook is offline   Reply With Quote