Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 19-01-2009, 09:02   #2251
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 6/10.

Started off ok but got pretty tedious and three quarters of the way through I switched off and decided to watch some paint drying.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2009, 01:35   #2252
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Frost/Nixon - 8/10 really worth watching and really well made.
Old 23-01-2009, 16:14   #2253
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

K-9: Hilarious classic. 8/10

Just Like Heaven: Funny & thoroughly enjoyable romantic comedy. 8/10

Silent Hill: Rather weird film, & the ending wasn't what I expected. Not bad though. 7/10

Guardians: So bad it's not even funny, I couldn't bare to watch more than 15 minutes of it. I've seen better quality stuff [acting, writing, effects] on Youtube! 0/10

Supergator: Cheesey B-movie. 4/10
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 16:55   #2254
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

7/10

good 80's Slasher throw-back and entertaining thrill-ride.3D works nicely and there quite a few 'aahhhhs' and gasps in the audience,the new format works a treat.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 17:21   #2255
RubberyDuck
Inactive

Services: Sky HD & XL TV (V+), XXL BB, XL Phone.
RubberyDuck will become famous soon enoughRubberyDuck will become famous soon enoughRubberyDuck will become famous soon enough

Watched Bangkok Dangerous last night, quite a good film. 7/10.
RubberyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 18:24   #2256
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Missus and I watched Stardust Friday night, we both thoroughly enjoyed it 8/10.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 17:18   #2257
Alien
Inactive

Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

K-9: P.I.: Side-splitting sequel. 9/10

Pride: Not bad effects, making it look like the lions are talking, but other than that it was rather lame. 4/10

Man on Fire: Not bad. 7/10

Bullitt: Mediocre. 5/10

Bubba Ho-tep: Disappointing. 3/10

Assault on Precinct 13: Quite good. 7/10

Love Happy: I hadn't seen a Marx brothers movie, & decided it was about time I did. I'm quite surprised to admit that this was quite enjoyable, especially the scene where Harpo gets chased by the bad guys. 6/10

Second Nature: Imagine The Bourne Identity, made in England, & with most of the action substituted for rather average drama. 5/10
Old 28-01-2009, 14:11   #2258
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I tried to watch Garfield again last night. 1/10 - at least it has now made a good coaster for me tea

I did manage to finish Disaster Movie - but that wasn't that much better - 3/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 19:52   #2259
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Frost/Nixon, 9 out of 10

Quite simply one of the best films I'm ever seen. Sheen is so much like Frost that you forget who Michael Sheen is. Nixon was portrayed excellently too. I really hope things happened as they did in the film. Go see it, you won't be disappointed.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 22:08   #2260
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Valkyrie - 10/10 Based on a true story, it tells of a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler during World War II
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 23:23   #2261
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Valkyrie - 10/10 Based on a true story, it tells of a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler during World War II
It doesn't deserve a perfect 10/10, at best it was ok and that is all. I'd say 6/10
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31   #2262
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Saw Valkyrie tonight.

Not Singer's best IMO (that's still The Usual Suspects), but I'd give it an 8/10.

Very good, I though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 22:28   #2263
Alien
Inactive

Kiss the Girls: A bit long, but not bad. 7/10

The Final Countdown: Quite decent. 7/10

Racing Stripes: Funny & a good story. 8/10

Adam's Rib: Amusing in places. 5/10

Starsky & Hutch: Not bad. 7/10
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56   #2264
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Where Eagles Dare

The Guns of Navarone

Two classic WWII movies, both based on stories by Alistair MacLean.

Both excellent, with excellent casts.

I think "Where Eagles Dare" is the better of the two though, due to the pace & the awesome team-up of Clint Eastwood & Richard Burton.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 21:48   #2265
Alien
Inactive

Avalon: Beyond the Abyss: Decidedly average sci-fi movie. 5/10

The Gumball Rally: Not bad. 7/10

Children of a Lesser God: Bit of a "chick flick", & a bit long. 6/10

Alone in the Dark: Not a great film, but nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. Then again, I've not played the games. If you don't have any expectations, & just want something to watch that involves your standard humans-versus-monsters type story, you could certainly do worse. 6.5/10