Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 21-07-2004, 16:52   #211
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
Hmm.. I thought in the comics JJ Jamesons son was Man-Wolf - he bought back some rock from the moon with him that did it - and Venom was Eddie Brock (who got mentioned in the first film as well) - after the symbiote that Spiderman bought back after being on the 'Beyonders world' (I can't remember what the comic series was called), left him and bonded with Eddie...
Dammit, I'm even confusing myself now

Good knowledge!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2004, 16:59   #212
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Secret Wars - that's what it was called, I think at the time it was the biggest Marvel cross over ever - the series ran for a year.... I've probably still got them in the loft somewhere...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 17:50   #213
Earl of Bronze

Well I saw Spiderman 2 on 20th July. Not a bad movie, I'll give it 7/10. Thankfully there was little if any of the flagwaving crap as at the end of Spide1.
Old 21-07-2004, 22:44   #214
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

I have just watched:
The Arrival (1996)

Directed by: David Twohy
Writing credits: David Twohy

Cast:
Charlie Sheen .... Zane Zaminski
Lindsay Crouse .... Ilana Green
Richard Schiff .... Calvin, alias Cal
Shane .... JPL Guard #1
Ron Silver .... Phil Gordian & Mexican Guard
Teri Polo .... Char

Plot:
Zane Ziminski is fired from NASA after picking up unidentified signals from a distant location in space. His curiosity soon turn to sheer terror as he travels to Mexico, where a series of unexplained events lead him to believe that there are aliens all over the world. He gathers evidence to support this theory but will he ever have the chance to broadcast the 'facts' alive?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115571/

it was err i dunno - i wasnt excited i wasnt disapointed it had a low budget and sharlie sheen in a serious role (no fluffy bunny feet) give it a go if u like sci fi b movies that aint to bad

6/10 - no more no less not too bad.

btw feel free to edit this post and remove the pic if its to big or against ur rules blah blah
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 22:48   #215
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Spiderman 2.Very enjoyable.

Alfred Molina as Doc Oc was terrific.He is one of the few British actors regularly working in the US and it's a pity we don't see more of him over here.He's a excellent actor.

Incog.
Old 21-07-2004, 23:08   #216
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just saw bullet proof monk - which was ok - 6/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 23:12   #217
homealone

Daredevil - 8/10

I thought Ben Affleck was excellent in this - good angst
Old 25-07-2004, 01:53   #218
Earl of Bronze

Just saw Identity, brilliant movie. If you havent seen it yet, rent it.

I give it a 9 out of 10.
Old 27-07-2004, 22:57   #219
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Chronicles of Riddick - 6/10 - Could try harder. Bit of a pants ending too but it gets 10/10 for 'death by tea-cup'
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 23:05   #220
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Sex lives of the potato men - minus 58 out of 10, now where did I put the reciept?
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 12:22   #221
oedipus_1
Inactive

oedipus_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to oedipus_1

Bowling For Columbine, dvd. More documentary than film, but still classified as film. Michael Moore must be the most sane american around at the minute, and the methods he goes to to get his results are fantastic. 9/10
oedipus_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 12:22   #222
oedipus_1
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Daredevil - 8/10

Yay! I'm not the only one who likes Daredevil!
Old 28-07-2004, 13:14   #223
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipus_1
Bowling For Columbine, dvd. More documentary than film, but still classified as film. Michael Moore must be the most sane american around at the minute, and the methods he goes to to get his results are fantastic. 9/10
(off topic)

Did you watch that with your mum???
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 20:59   #224
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Romour control has it that Venom will be the villain in one of the later films
I've heard that too. Good villain...although I've seen opinions where people say that having an alien symbiote could seem a little unbelievable in Spidey's movie "universe", compared to the "scientist becomes villain after experiment gone wrong" types we've had so far.

I do think it could work, though. And Sam Raimi certainly knows how to handle Spider-Man & his world.

But if number 3 has Venom, then I guess it'll have two villains in it...going by the end of Spider-Man 2.

Also...speaking of Venom...wasn't there another alien symbiote villain? Carnage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Daredevil - 8/10

I liked Daredevil. No where near as much as Spidey 1 & 2, or X-Men 2, but I did find it enjoyable. I think the best thing about it (after Elektra ) was Michael Clark Duncan's "King Pin". Great actor, & and a good version of the character. I think he'd have done well in a Spider-Man movie (they share the same Marvel universe afterall).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
Just saw Identity, brilliant movie. If you havent seen it yet, rent it.

I give it a 9 out of 10.

Very good! Lots of twists, & a very good cast.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 08:46   #225
oedipus_1
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
(off topic)

Did you watch that with your mum???
What does that mean?! I watched it cos i've just finished reading his book dude Where's my country and I'm in the middle of reading Stupid White Men, which i've been told to read for one of my A level courses, and which i wish i'd read before. Absolutely fantastic. So i suggest you watch it before you take the mick (providing you haven't already, in which case my whole argument falls flat!)