Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 29-07-2007, 18:11   #1486
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Harry Potter 3D @ imax Glasgow

fantastic.......

I dont read the books but I do like the films.

and the 3D was great, very impressive, although, more of it could have been in 3D, somebits were a bit fuzzy, I think they tried to make it to 3D, but still fantastic.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2007, 00:15   #1487
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Haven't seen anything in 3D yet.. -.-

Went to watch Harry Potter and it was brilliant..not much more I can say as I'm too tired 8/10
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 00:59   #1488
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

The Simpsons Movie Sadly lacking and waaaay under the expected just average ( just ) 4 / 10
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 08:20   #1489
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Hot Fuzz - 3/10.

Can't believe I paid £3.50 to rent this extremely overrated rubbish

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 08:24   #1490
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Hot Fuzz - 3/10.

Can't believe I paid £3.50 to rent this extremely overrated rubbish
Mmmmm, I was disappointed with the film, again, everyone was on about this film being sooooooooooooo funny, it just didn't do it for me
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 08:52   #1491
fizgog
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD , VM Phone [XL], VM BB [M]
fizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to all

Harry Potter Film 6/10, Book 10/10
fizgog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 22:15   #1492
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Harry Potter at the IMAX London, which has the largest screen in Britain. To give you a rough idea, the screen is about 4 storeys tall.

Can't remember how much the tickets cost, as I booked them back in June, but IIRC, they were roughly in line with London cinema prices (so ,about £11 to £12). Large popcorn and coke for £3 each item.

Popcorn tasted microwaved, but was no better or worse than the popcorn at my local Vue cinema (and the prices were slightly lower, and the service considerably quicker).

The trailers were all presented in 3D, so we had lots of clips of dinousaurs poking their heads out of the screen, and walking over the camera, which caused most of the audience to jump. The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.

8/10

Then, on to the main film. It was amazing. It was exciting, possibly slightly scary for kids, and funny in places. The battle at the Ministry of Magic was presented in 3D, and, while in places, the two images weren't aligned properly, it did look amazing.

Oh, and the 12KW , 40 channel sound system meant it was loud and sounded amazing.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:50   #1493
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Harry Potter at the IMAX London, which has the largest screen in Britain. To give you a rough idea, the screen is about 4 storeys tall.

Can't remember how much the tickets cost, as I booked them back in June, but IIRC, they were roughly in line with London cinema prices (so ,about £11 to £12). Large popcorn and coke for £3 each item.

Popcorn tasted microwaved, but was no better or worse than the popcorn at my local Vue cinema (and the prices were slightly lower, and the service considerably quicker).

The trailers were all presented in 3D, so we had lots of clips of dinousaurs poking their heads out of the screen, and walking over the camera, which caused most of the audience to jump. The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.

8/10

Then, on to the main film. It was amazing. It was exciting, possibly slightly scary for kids, and funny in places. The battle at the Ministry of Magic was presented in 3D, and, while in places, the two images weren't aligned properly, it did look amazing.

Oh, and the 12KW , 40 channel sound system meant it was loud and sounded amazing.
So everything the opposite of the Odeon cinema on the Wirral? xD
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37   #1494
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.
Told ya it was good!
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21   #1495
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
(thread idea lifted from another forum )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.
find me guilty,vin diesel forget about the tough guy image he usually portrays this guy can act !! brilliant film 9/10
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:48   #1496
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

the latest fantastic 4 film, silver surfer - not usually my cup of tea, but once you get over the lame character / title, it's not that bad 8/10. in the same vein, spiderman 3 sent me to sleep. 1/10
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59   #1497
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Blood Diamond - Incredibly powerful and moving, based on a true story (Shame about Leonardo Di Caprio's iffy South African accent though)

Think somebody mentioned Equilibrium absoloutely fantastic film, Did not go down well at the cinema but has attraced a huge cult following.

For anyone who loves their dark, black comedys I can highly reccomend Fargo.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:51   #1498
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Transformers 7/10
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 13:07   #1499
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Rataouille (sp) 6/10.

Most of the good bits were in the trailer. Kids would like it.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 00:38   #1500
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Think somebody mentioned Equilibrium absoloutely fantastic film, Did not go down well at the cinema but has attraced a huge cult following.

For anyone who loves their dark, black comedys I can highly reccomend Fargo.

Excellent films

"Equilibrium" is a favourite of mine. The "Gun Kata" is especially great Pity Kurt Wimmer's next movie, "UltraViolet" was so poor

"Fargo" is brilliant. If you like that, then I'd recommend "Blood Simple". I do like most of the Coen Brothers' other movies, but those two are definitely my favourites.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote