Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 05-01-2022, 19:41   #1186
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That would obviously be in the winter.
or Dundee in June
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2022, 19:56   #1187
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

I am very thankful we are not living in Richard's world it would be very depressing.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 20:56   #1188
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
As long as you are not breast feeding anyone, you should be ok.

Also, as far as I understand it, fine if you give permission for the photo.
You can generally take a photo of anyone and anything in a public place as long as it’s not for nefarious purposes. For example you could take a photo of the sea on a nudist beach but if you took photos of the people there you’d either need their permission or have a damn good reason to be doing it (there isn’t one IMO).

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:28   #1189
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
I am very thankful we are not living in Richard's world it would be very depressing.
So to avoid depression you advocate taking pictures of breastfeeding women without their permission
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:32   #1190
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

Richard you make leaps an olympian would be impressed by in no way was I supporting anything nefarious. You won't be happy until there's no interaction because everyone would be so scared to say more then hello\goodbye for fear of running foul of laws. Your clearly someone who feels threatened a lot and given your demeanour you've probably incited a few instances where people have reacted negatively to you. The law is not a solution for every problem and a lot of what you want laws to remedy could be done more easily with developing a thick skin and a realisation that not everywhere is suited for everyone.

In those instances where an individual targets another individual sufficient laws already exist to deal with that.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:43   #1191
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So to avoid depression you advocate taking pictures of breastfeeding women without their permission
That you actually believe the nonsense you just posted is hilarious.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:05   #1192
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That you actually believe the nonsense you just posted is hilarious.
Pretty sure this thread is now turning into one persons personal agender. I am not in anyway a moderator on this forum but this thread is way off it's original starting point.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:15   #1193
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
Richard you make leaps an olympian would be impressed by in no way was I supporting anything nefarious. You won't be happy until there's no interaction because everyone would be so scared to say more then hello\goodbye for fear of running foul of laws. Your clearly someone who feels threatened a lot and given your demeanour you've probably incited a few instances where people have reacted negatively to you. The law is not a solution for every problem and a lot of what you want laws to remedy could be done more easily with developing a thick skin and a realisation that not everywhere is suited for everyone.

In those instances where an individual targets another individual sufficient laws already exist to deal with that.
It doesn't matter what you or I think now that the consultation period is over, these new measures look set to become law and are currently being looked at by politicians.

Whilst I disagree with much of what you say, I do genuinely thank you for putting your views across in a polite and mature fashion without resorting to snide, sneery and generally rude comments. Some on this forum could learn a lot from you.

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Pretty sure this thread is now turning into one persons personal agender. I am not in anyway a moderator on this forum but this thread is way off it's original starting point.
It started by highlighting that the police intended to crack down on Internet trolls. The position today is that the politicians are now considering what to include in the laws to achieve this aim.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:58   #1194
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
It started by highlighting that the police intended to crack down on Internet trolls. The position today is that the politicians are now considering what to include in the laws to achieve this aim.
Well I just hope that common sense prevails over idiocy.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:10   #1195
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It doesn't matter what you or I think now that the consultation period is over, these new measures look set to become law and are currently being looked at by politicians.

Whilst I disagree with much of what you say, I do genuinely thank you for putting your views across in a polite and mature fashion without resorting to snide, sneery and generally rude comments. Some on this forum could learn a lot from you.
Richard, think you forgot to end the last sentence with "myself included".
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:22   #1196
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:40   #1197
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Indeed

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:25   #1198
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
very well said.
Old 06-01-2022, 13:59   #1199
Blackshep
cf.addict

Spot on Grim.
Old 06-01-2022, 17:49   #1200
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh nice kick in the ballix sir.
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote