Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 08-06-2020, 12:47   #6511
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Mains pressure doesn't seem to be an issue. The other shower isn't electric just on the mains and is a floor above the electric one and that is fine. Combi boiler, no storage.

Water is fine to other taps in same room, downstairs, garden and above the problem.

Wife used electric one fine, I went in 5 mins later, LP error. There doesn't seem to be any water flowing in at all.
Old 08-06-2020, 13:04   #6512
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I guess the solenoid or the inlet valve within the shower casing could be faulty. If they don’t open fully when you turn the shower on that might trigger a low pressure warning. If you have cover from the manufacturer they’ll just send someone out who will probably just replace the entire internal guts (in my Gainsborough it’s called the “shower engine” - I’ve replaced it myself a couple of times over the years. In my case it’s the heating element that always fails first).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 14:43   #6513
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Lock Down beginning to tell on me , you waken up in the morning and forget what day it is, I keep telling myself there are two people in the house, some people are on their own, we can go out for shopping , some others cannot do this at all. People have lost loved ones, so I should be thankful for small mercies, Sorry but I just feel so depressed today. Maybe I will feel better after sharing with you all. Sorry. Take Care all

I know what you mean, I haven't been to work since I went into self isolation then being furloughed on the 26th of March.

In that time I have rarely left the house, I only have done the weekly food shop and milk as required.

I did pop to see my mum in her nursing home via the exterior door to her room, but this has stopped, and I do drop off bits when required.

Today I was told I am at risk of redundancy as my job has been deemed part time, I did say I was willing to change my hours. I go back next Monday to find out my fate.

I am losing track of the day as well, the TV programmes I watch would tell me the day, but they have all finished their seasons, some earlier than others.
Old 08-06-2020, 15:58   #6514
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Lock Down beginning to tell on me , you waken up in the morning and forget what day it is, I keep telling myself there are two people in the house, some people are on their own, we can go out for shopping , some others cannot do this at all. People have lost loved ones, so I should be thankful for small mercies, Sorry but I just feel so depressed today. Maybe I will feel better after sharing with you all. Sorry. Take Care all
It’s doing strange things to lots of people. Don’t worry - you’re not alone in that. We’ve taken to insisting on certain rigid routines at home so adults and kids alike don’t come completely adrift. The kids get their own breakfast and lunch but they’re only allowed to do so within certain times of day. They have online schoolwork to do; this must be done in the morning, before lunch.

Also, we’re miles from anywhere and have long relied on the Asda van for groceries, but since lockdown we have taken a recurring delivery slot, every Friday morning, and it always brings pizza for Friday dinner. I may be sick of pizza by the time this is all over but for now it’s the only hard and fast way to mark the passing weeks.

I’ve driven to our nearest village I think 3 times when the pub has been doing special takeaway dinners. That’s about 4 miles from here. Those 3 occasions are the furthest I’ve been from home and the only times I’ve driven my car in almost 12 weeks.

It’s all very odd. Here’s a virtual hug anyway.
Old 08-06-2020, 16:32   #6515
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

My son's mother.

I can't and won't say I wish I'd never met her as that would mean I wouldn't have such a fantastic son but if it was not for him (and in NO WAY am I suggesting that I regret him) I honestly wished I'd carried on walking that day.

As a mother, she is the most loving, protective and caring mother I have ever known. She will think of the kids 1000 times before she'll think of herself.

But as a person....

Destructive, demented, twisted individual.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 08-06-2020 at 16:51.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 19:05   #6516
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
My son's mother.

I can't and won't say I wish I'd never met her as that would mean I wouldn't have such a fantastic son but if it was not for him (and in NO WAY am I suggesting that I regret him) I honestly wished I'd carried on walking that day.

As a mother, she is the most loving, protective and caring mother I have ever known. She will think of the kids 1000 times before she'll think of herself.

But as a person....

Destructive, demented, twisted individual.

I know what you mean.

My cousins wife walked out on him when their daughter was 4 months old, she was into swinging he wasn't.

She told the daughter daddy had the affair and not her.

Now she has said she wants nothing to do with him he said OK then, bye.

She still wanted to see her step siblings, but her step brother said do one (He didn't say that but I can't say what he said)

Last edited by Hom3r; 08-06-2020 at 19:32.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 16:01   #6517
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It’s doing strange things to lots of people. Don’t worry - you’re not alone in that. We’ve taken to insisting on certain rigid routines at home so adults and kids alike don’t come completely adrift. The kids get their own breakfast and lunch but they’re only allowed to do so within certain times of day. They have online schoolwork to do; this must be done in the morning, before lunch.

Also, we’re miles from anywhere and have long relied on the Asda van for groceries, but since lockdown we have taken a recurring delivery slot, every Friday morning, and it always brings pizza for Friday dinner. I may be sick of pizza by the time this is all over but for now it’s the only hard and fast way to mark the passing weeks.

I’ve driven to our nearest village I think 3 times when the pub has been doing special takeaway dinners. That’s about 4 miles from here. Those 3 occasions are the furthest I’ve been from home and the only times I’ve driven my car in almost 12 weeks.

It’s all very odd. Here’s a virtual hug anyway.
Thanks. Chris, Take Care .
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 18:41   #6518
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Mains pressure doesn't seem to be an issue. The other shower isn't electric just on the mains and is a floor above the electric one and that is fine. Combi boiler, no storage.

Water is fine to other taps in same room, downstairs, garden and above the problem.

Wife used electric one fine, I went in 5 mins later, LP error. There doesn't seem to be any water flowing in at all.
Check the inlet filter?

Turn the shower on, turn off the stop cock, then open it just a crack. That might clear any airlock.

Check the instruction manual on how to purge the boiler tank of air.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:32   #6519
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Check the inlet filter?

Turn the shower on, turn off the stop cock, then open it just a crack. That might clear any airlock.

Check the instruction manual on how to purge the boiler tank of air.
I've ordered a solenoid which apparently takes a few mins to install (an hour for me) and costs around £7. I can electrically isolate the shower and turn off water.

Still no reply from Triton so I need to try something and £7 for an easy fix that seem to do the job in most cases won't break the bank. We can't find records for service cover but that could be buried in some option somewhere else.

We used to take cover off shower regularly before softened water to clean out the "chalk pit".
Old 10-06-2020, 12:17   #6520
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Straight forward job to change the solenoid, hardest bit is making sure the knobs align to the appropriate setting.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 14:56   #6521
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I just have been made redundant.

I get 12 weeks wages, 12 weeks notice and 88 days unused holiday.

So apart from getting the house into a position to get my mum home I need to fing a job in the most horrendous time to look for work.
Old 17-06-2020, 14:59   #6522
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

So apart from getting the house into a position to get my mum home I need to fing a job in the most horrendous time to look for work.
l am so sorry to hear this bad news Hom3r as my thoughts are with you as l hope sooner rather then later you will find some decent employment.
Old 17-06-2020, 15:10   #6523
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Sorry to hear this bad news, Hom3r.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 16:35   #6524
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Old 17-06-2020, 16:52   #6525
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Sorry Homer

Just an aside? Is it 12 weeks paid and 12 weeks redundancy or are they saying you'll get your salary for the 12 weeks notice? Because if it's the latter they're taking the piss.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote