Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 28-07-2022, 03:26   #1831
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

So, I'm curious now - what reputation are they damaging ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2022, 04:50   #1832
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So, I'm curious now - what reputation are they damaging ?
I can't go into any grest detail about the case whilst legal proceedings are ongoing, but let's just say that the false allegations were highly offensive.

---------- Post added at 03:50 ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Psychologists urge the Government to make class a protected characteristic under the Equality Act:

https://www.newstatesman.com/society...bery-be-banned

If successful, terms such as Toff, Chav etc would no longer be permitted.
This was the subject of discussion on last night's Moral Maze:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0019k7d
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2022, 06:42   #1833
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I can't go into any grest detail about the case whilst legal proceedings are ongoing, but let's just say that the false allegations were highly offensive.

---------- Post added at 03:50 ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 ----------

This was the subject of discussion on last night's Moral Maze:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0019k7d
Just the same as the false allegations you made then tried to sweep under the carpet when I pressed you to prove it.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2022, 07:36   #1834
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Just the same as the false allegations you made then tried to sweep under the carpet when I pressed you to prove it.
I’ve told you two (You and Richard) before, to keep whatever legal dispute or feud you have with one another, off this forum.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2022, 07:45   #1835
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I’ve told you two (You and Richard) before, to keep whatever legal dispute or feud you have with one another, off this forum.
It happened on this forum.
Old 28-07-2022, 07:59   #1836
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It happened on this forum.
I don’t care. I won’t have it used as some petty legal squabbling you have with someone, keep it off this forum.
Old 28-07-2022, 08:05   #1837
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I don’t care. I won’t have it used as some petty legal squabbling you have with someone, keep it off this forum.
I dont have anything legal going on? I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in Richards posts about his legal case when he has done exactly the same thing himself. Is that not what the topic is about, internet trolls?
Old 28-07-2022, 08:12   #1838
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I dont have anything legal going on? I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in Richards posts about his legal case when he has done exactly the same thing himself. Is that not what the topic is about, internet trolls?
No the topic is not about you and him and his case against you.

It’s also not going to be you arguing with me about it. I’ve given you and him an instruction, it still stands and it’s non-negotiable.
Old 28-07-2022, 08:19   #1839
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
No the topic is not about you and him and his case against you.

It’s also not going to be you arguing with me about it. I’ve given you and him an instruction, it still stands and it’s non-negotiable.
Let's just get this clear, he doesn't and never has had a case against me. I'm not sure where you have got that from.

If the instruction stands, that's fine, but im not sure why I can't point out the hypocrisy of someone who is very vocal on these things.
Old 28-07-2022, 09:22   #1840
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

If there is a good enough reason to why this bill should be scrapped is what is stopping the likes of people like someone we know on here that will go to lengths (troll) to provoke the responses needed for people like him to then take legal actions as if it is their goal to do so. So turning the tables so it's the trolls that are the ones that can gain from this.

Last edited by peanut; 28-07-2022 at 09:32.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2022, 14:03   #1841
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
but im not sure why I can't point out the hypocrisy of someone who is very vocal on these things.
You could, and have bought it up, multiple times, in different topics.
Continuing to bring it up again and again [and again] is serving no purpose now.

Old 28-07-2022, 14:15   #1842
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You could, and have bought it up, multiple times, in different topics.
Continuing to bring it up again and again [and again] is serving no purpose now.
I'm not sure what topics? This seemed the perfect topic of Internet trolls based on what he was saying.

You could say the same for Richard himself always bringing the conversation round to him and the constant battles he's got going on, but week in week out, it's always some legal case or complaint. Is it not fair to remind him he's done the exact thing he's complaining about?
Old 28-07-2022, 14:19   #1843
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Enough, this isnt a discussion, its a directive from the Admins. Take a break from this topic, and move on.

Old 28-07-2022, 17:08   #1844
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Can the police keep us safe? is a series on Radio 4. This mornings episode explained that more and more crime is taking place online and that some websites are reluctant to pass on details to the police, which the Online Safety Bill hopes to improve:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0019kjp

Quote:
In the final part of this series, Helena and Rob investigate the realm of online and cyber crime, which poses huge difficulties for policing. They explore the police’s role in public order and how the idea of the prevention of harms - responsibility and care within communities rather than reactive policing - might transform public safety.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 28-07-2022 at 17:12. Reason: Added quote Fa HTH.
Old 28-07-2022, 19:35   #1845
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Online harrassment also affects forum owners too.

This site is closing down because it actually started to affect the mental health of the owner (which is presumably the aim of such odious people who post such rude/nasty/negative things).

https://tvliveforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1271

We have to stand against them.

Courtesy of epsilon.