Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 13-06-2022, 18:24   #1606
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Nothing wrong with hating anything or anyone, if that’s how you feel about it. It’s subjective so cannot be controlled or stopped.
Hate is always wrong. Dislike by all means but hate not me. I might say I hate something in anger but never actually do hate
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2022, 23:09   #1607
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Right now I hate Putin for what he's needlessly doing and putting people through.
You 'hate' someone you have never met, or interacted with in any way ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 00:38   #1608
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I might say I hate something in anger but never actually do hate
What’s the difference? I’m not actually sure what that means.

What’s the difference between saying hate and doing hate?
Old 14-06-2022, 02:55   #1609
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That happens all the time on this forum, but we have all managed to survive it. That doesn’t make it right, but it does give us an insight on who we are dealing with.

This is nothing more than a woke attempt to exclude people and I am disappointed that the Conservative government is actually taking this woke nonsense seriously.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Maybe we should have a list of all those with a disability that leads to hurt, misinterpretation and OTT reactions. Then we could just put them all on ‘ignore’ and everyone would be happy.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Well, if you don’t know by now, Hugh, I really wouldn’t worry about it (pat, pat).
The bill has cross party support, it's only being put through via the Conservatives because they happen to be in power at the moment.

Unilaterally excluding or ignoring disabled people is morally questionable and could have legal consequences.

The aim is to be inclusive and for everyone to treat each other with kindness and respect, both on and offline.

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You 'hate' someone you have never met, or interacted with in any way ?
Yes, it's obviously not always neccessary to meet someone to hate them, what they stand for and what they are all about, particularly in extreme cases. Are you suggesting that this individual is not worthy of hatred for what he's done/is doing?

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

A Womans Hour podcast about the online harrassment/abuse that women are routinely exposed to. They don't believe that the Online Safety Bill goes far enough to protect women:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017cfy

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-06-2022 at 02:43.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 03:28   #1610
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
The aim is to be inclusive and for everyone to treat each other with kindness and respect, both on and offline.
Ummm, you were saying ....
Quote:
Yes, it's obviously not always neccessary to meet someone to hate them.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that this individual is not worthy of hatred for what he's done/is doing?
Yes. I've never met the guy, so how can I "hate" him.

Quote:
A Womans Hour podcast about the online harrassment/abuse that women are routinely exposed to. They don't believe that the Online Safety Bill goes far enough to protect women:
What a surprise, becasue no one else except women ever get harrassed.

Old 14-06-2022, 08:43   #1611
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

So I responded to someone's (clearly) stupid rant on social media yesterday, basically gave an opinion which was totally backed up with facts. There was no malice, no disrespect etc towards the person.

Then came the responses from the 'You okay hun' crowd.... Just because I didn't agree with the rant I was flamed with just about every insult going. Nothing I said warranted any kind of those insults or the abuse, but just because I didn't agree it seems fair game to be open to abuse. The point is that's just the mentality of crowd followers these days, nothing will change this regardless of any online laws that come in.

Last edited by peanut; 14-06-2022 at 09:21.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 09:09   #1612
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The bill has cross party support, it's only being put through via the Conservatives because they happen to be in power at the moment.

Unilaterally excluding or ignoring disabled people is morally questionable and could have legal consequences.

I think you have misinterpreted what I said. My view was:

“Maybe we should have a list of all those with a disability that leads to hurt, misinterpretation and OTT reactions. Then we could just put them all on ‘ignore’ and everyone would be happy.”

I was not saying that everyone with a disability could be put on ignore, just those who appeared to be hypersensitive and obsessive with whom you could not have a sensible and adult conversation without being accused of stuff you didn’t say or mean.

It’s just not worth discussing anything with some people, who are more trouble than they are worth.

I’m pretty sure I remember you saying something about putting people on ignore yourself in the past.
Old 14-06-2022, 10:16   #1613
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So I responded to someone's (clearly) stupid rant on social media yesterday, basically gave an opinion which was totally backed up with facts. There was no malice, no disrespect etc towards the person.

Then came the responses from the 'You okay hun' crowd.... Just because I didn't agree with the rant I was flamed with just about every insult going. Nothing I said warranted any kind of those insults or the abuse, but just because I didn't agree it seems fair game to be open to abuse. The point is that's just the mentality of crowd followers these days, nothing will change this regardless of any online laws that come in.
I stay out of those 'discussions' mainly because they aren't discussions.
Old 14-06-2022, 22:16   #1614
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ummm, you were saying ....

Yes. I've never met the guy, so how can I "hate" him.

What a surprise, becasue no one else except women ever get harrassed.
Because you are aware of what he's done to all those innocent people! Hitler died before I was born, but I still hate him and the things that he did.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Quote:
What’s the difference? I’m not actually sure what that means.

What’s the difference between saying hate and doing hate?
People do tend to use the term inappropriately. Someone might say that they hate bananas, but in reality they mean they dislike them.

It's the same with the phrase "I'm going to kill you", people don't tend to mean this literally, though you never know. I know of a man who said in the pub that he was going to kill his wife when he got home and actually did.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-06-2022 at 22:09. Reason: Spelling JW.
Old 14-06-2022, 22:16   #1615
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Because you are aware of what he's done to all those innocent people! Hitler died before I was born, but I still hate him and the things that he did.
I don’t hate Hitler, far from it, I find him a very interesting person and worthy of study.

What he and his cohort did was of course reprehensible, but he is a figure of history and removed from me by several degrees of magnitude, so I don’t hate him.

If I was of Jewish heritage with family in the holocaust, I’m sure I’d think differently.
Old 14-06-2022, 22:23   #1616
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I don’t hate Hitler, far from it, I find him a very interesting person and worthy of study.

What he and his cohort did was of course reprehensible, but he is a figure of history and removed from me by several degrees of magnitude, so I don’t hate him.

If I was of Jewish heritage with family in the holocaust, I’m sure I’d think differently.
He wasn't a bad artist, a vegetarian and liked dogs.

Still an evil ******* though.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 23:15   #1617
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Because you are aware of what he's done to all those innocent people!
So I should hate someone I dont know, based on what (Im told) they have done to other people that I also dont know ?

Wow ....

Old 15-06-2022, 00:16   #1618
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
So I should hate someone I dont know, based on what (Im told) they have done to other people that I also dont know ?

Wow ....
Don't you believe that the holocaust took place?

Are you not able to have empathy for people just because you've never met them?
Old 15-06-2022, 00:44   #1619
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Don't you believe that the holocaust took place?
What has that got to do with anything

Quote:
Are you not able to have empathy for people just because you've never met them?
Not really, no.

Old 16-06-2022, 15:07   #1620
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Just been reading about Patrick McDonagh, a 12 year old boy, who has sadly taken his own life after being bullied on TikTok. This has to stop.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Quote:
What has that got to do with anything
I just wondered after you said it would be based on what you'd been told that Hitler had done to other people. I wondered whether you thought that, because of this, there was a possibility that the accounts of the holocaust were false.