Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 15-12-2021, 21:40   #1006
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I did read it to the best of my ability.

A person's limitations due to disability should always be taken into account.
Or, you didn't read it correctly in haste to post on here something which you thought furthered your argument.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-12-2021, 21:44   #1007
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The answer to offensive/discriminatory behaviour is for said behaviour to be appropriately dealt with.

If a wheelchair user went to a bar and was subject to abuse and offensive behaviour, the answer isn't to tell them not to go to that particular bar.
Well ….it sort of is. Not excusing the behaviour but if I had a bad experience somewhere I am unlikely to go there again.

If they received abuse specifically because of their disability by the management of that establishment that’s different. If they received abuse by patrons that wasn’t dealt with they may also have a point, but either way, would you go back?

Quote:
If the abuse was from a house on the street, the answer isn't for the disabled man to be expected to use another route or put in ear plugs.
Well “on the street” is an issue and it also depends on the definition of “abuse”

Being “exposed” to something and something being “targeted” at you are two different things.
Old 15-12-2021, 23:51   #1008
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
A person's limitations due to disability should always be taken into account.
Or they could read it several times to make sure they actually understood it, instead of making rash statements based on incorrect comprehension.

Quote:
If a wheelchair user went to a bar and was subject to abuse and offensive behaviour, the answer isn't to tell them not to go to that particular bar.
Its a perfectly valid answer, just one you dont want to hear.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 00:03   #1009
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Or they could read it several times to make sure they actually understood it, instead of making rash statements based on incorrect comprehension.

Its a perfectly valid answer, just one you dont want to hear.
You clearly haven't got a clue what it's like to have a brain injury, even worse you don't even seem willing to try and understand. Let's hope you never have to find out the hard way.

If a member of a protected group is being unlawfully discriminated against, this behaviour must be stopped.

Anyone in business who displayed such a view is likely to face legal action or a visit from the police.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 00:09   #1010
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
You clearly haven't got a clue what it's like to have a brain injury, even worse you don't even seem willing to try and understand. Let's hope you never have to find out the hard way.
You "haven't got a clue" about me, or my family, so yet another rash statement.

Quote:
If a member of a protected group is being unlawfully discriminated against, this behaviour must be stopped.
So now you're confusing "abuse and offensive behaviour" (which is subjective btw) with "unlawfully discriminated", two completely different things.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 00:23   #1011
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You "haven't got a clue" about me, or my family, so yet another rash statement.

So now you're confusing "abuse and offensive behaviour" (which is subjective btw) with "unlawfully discriminated", two completely different things.
Do you know what it is like to have a brain injury?
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 00:30   #1012
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The answer to offensive/discriminatory behaviour is for said behaviour to be appropriately dealt with.

If the abuse was from a house on the street, the answer isn't for the disabled man to be expected to use another route or put in ear plugs.

This new legislation aims to set out the rules that we must all abide by, or face the consequences. By far, the vast majority of people won't need to make any changes as they already behave properly on the internet.
Well no, but the street is public land.

People should vote with their wallets. Not specific to disabilities, but #metoo led to a number of venues essentially outed as routinely tolerating harassment/spiking drinks/etc. Yet many of the people making the claim were regular in attendance.

Utterly bizarre. Don't fund someone who isn't looking after you.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 00:30   #1013
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:

Anyone in business who displayed such a view is likely to face legal action or a visit from the police.
If your disability makes you not be able to understand what you are reading correctly, maybe you should refrain from posting such links and quoting them?
Old 16-12-2021, 08:50   #1014
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
The irony is strong in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
Do you know what it is like to have a brain injury?
I do. And I’m pretty much certain I share none of the OP’s negative traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica
If your disability makes you not be able to understand what you are reading correctly, maybe you should refrain from posting such links and quoting them?
Oh come on!! Next you’ll be asking Boris to stop lying!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 11:03   #1015
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

I do. And I’m pretty much certain I share none of the OP’s negative traits.

So do I. And because of this I have a level of understanding for the OP and do not target him when he posts as some do on this forum. Easy enough to ignore someone than target them for their issues which I believe is a form of bullying
Old 16-12-2021, 11:10   #1016
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
So do I. And because of this I have a level of understanding for the OP and do not target him when he posts as some do on this forum. Easy enough to ignore someone than target them for their issues which I believe is a form of bullying
No one is targeting Richard. If we all want a level playing field on interacting in the world, having a two tier system were some people are off limits isn't the way to go. If Richard posts on the understanding that he might not understand fully the context of what he has posted, then that's down to him, not everyone else to tip toe around him by allowing him to post things that are potentially untrue. It's so far away from bullying, it's laughable that it's even mentioned.
Old 16-12-2021, 11:12   #1017
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I refer you to post 919 in this thread.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-12-2021, 11:17   #1018
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
No one is targeting Richard. If we all want a level playing field on interacting in the world, having a two tier system were some people are off limits isn't the way to go. If Richard posts on the understanding that he might not understand fully the context of what he has posted, then that's down to him, not everyone else to tip toe around him by allowing him to post things that are potentially untrue. It's so far away from bullying, it's laughable that it's even mentioned.
you see I post my point and the reply I get is it is laughable. You could have ignored my post or been at least polite in your disagreement but no you decided to post in a passive aggressive way. Guess you may well sit laughing at this reply too but you just proved my point.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I refer you to post 919 in this thread.
Isn't that what everyone does? Very few people here know each other in the real world. We all have our own biases

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

In an ideal world we would all just be nice. I know a pipe dream but one can pray one day it will happen. And I do
Old 16-12-2021, 11:21   #1019
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

Isn't that what everyone does? Very few people here know each other in the real world. We all have our own biases.
Not as much as one certain poster on here who is know for being Really Chronic for such behaviour.

As a side note they’re also well known for it on Digital Spy - I know one of the mods and this person is a often a thorn in the side for testing the patience of their team by posting the same kind of thing regularly.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 16-12-2021 at 11:25.
Old 16-12-2021, 11:28   #1020
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
you see I post my point and the reply I get is it is laughable. You could have ignored my post or been at least polite in your disagreement but no you decided to post in a passive aggressive way. Guess you may well sit laughing at this reply too but you just proved my point.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Isn't that what everyone does? Very few people here know each other in the real world. We all have our own biases

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

In an ideal world we would all just be nice. I know a pipe dream but one can pray one day it will happen. And I do
You call it bullying, I call it posting a reasoned reply. I'm not going to refrain from posting because you take things the wrong way, that's not the way forward.