Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FOUR Tory MPs have thrown in the towel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FOUR Tory MPs have thrown in the towel

Old 09-06-2023, 20:30   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Boris to join Nadine Dorries on the dole queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
you forgot public services totally on there knees too and the gap between super rich and the rest of us never been bigger
Oh if we really wanted to do so, we could indeed be here all night, with OB doing his most glorious Comical Ali impersonation.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2023, 21:07   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Oh if we really wanted to do so, we could indeed be here all night, with OB doing his most glorious Comical Ali impersonation.
I'll save him the job.

Other countries have high inflation too/Starmer was more guilty than Johnson/Trade deals with the US and India will happen in X + 5 years/You just need to believe more/Stop talking the country down, you're to blame/Labour-loving Sue Gray is the reason why Johnson resigned/People are just jealous of Mad Nad's book sales.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 22:34   #18
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'll save him the job.

Other countries have high inflation too/Starmer was more guilty than Johnson/Trade deals with the US and India will happen in X + 5 years/You just need to believe more/Stop talking the country down, you're to blame/Labour-loving Sue Gray is the reason why Johnson resigned/People are just jealous of Mad Nad's book sales.
I have ideas but I think out of respect we should give OB the floor for one evening. It's disappointing I guess. We were so close to greatness, if we ignored reality.
Old 09-06-2023, 23:04   #19
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I have ideas but I think out of respect we should give OB the floor for one evening. It's disappointing I guess. We were so close to greatness, if we ignored reality.
OB is not rushing to take the floor as all his pro-Johnson rants on Cable Forum did not secure an OBE, whilst Johnson's hairdresser picked one up. Plus he's got a lot of recordings to watch!
Old 09-06-2023, 23:41   #20
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

All joking aside, how bad must the report be, that Johnson felt he had to resign? This, from a man whose default mode is to bluster through and deny everything…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 23:46   #21
jfman
Architect of Ideas

He’s probably realised there’s more money to be made elsewhere anyway. The sooner he is out of the Commons the sooner he’s into the Lords.
Old 10-06-2023, 00:00   #22
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
All joking aside, how bad must the report be, that Johnson felt he had to resign? This, from a man whose default mode is to bluster through and deny everything…
Agreed. Presumably the report says he did mislead Parliament on mote than one occasion.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:00   #23
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
OB is not rushing to take the floor as all his pro-Johnson rants on Cable Forum [COLOR=“Red”]did not secure an OBE[\COLOR], whilst Johnson's hairdresser picked one up. Plus he's got a lot of recordings to watch!

That’s a bit harsh, Andrew. We all wanted Boris to succeed but he turned out to be a bumbling liar. OB must be disappointed too. So picking on OB (not just you) is unfair.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:24   #24
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

That’s a bit harsh, Andrew. We all wanted Boris to succeed but he turned out to be a bumbling liar. OB must be disappointed too. So picking on OB (not just you) is unfair.
He was twice sacked for lying before he became PM. In his view he probably has succeeded - hs's been PM , written books, taken the country out of the EU.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:38   #25
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The real reason why he's quit:-
Quote:
How Uxbridge & South Ruislip would vote if an election was held today -- Britain Predicts

Lab: 48.3% (+10.7)
Con: 36.8 (-15.8)
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...994407446?s=20

To reappear in a safe Con seat after Rishi loses the next election. Then to reappear as leader of the bunch of inbreds. Tbh not sure any Con seat would be safe with him standing.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:40   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

I think it’s probably the fact that after almost everyone else realised Johnson is a bumbling liar (and also a lazy adulterous poltroon), OB keeps defending him 100%, and insists everyone else is mistaken, and any evidence to the contrary is a conspiracy.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:49   #27
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I have to show some solidarity with my Tory, Wokingham compatriot when you lot pounce on him like he had the verbal pox (and I know what’s coming next from you lot).

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

The laugh I had on hearing about Boris’ resignation is that Carrie has been royally stiffed. She married a randy PM with an 80 seat majority and a flat in Downing Street. True, he can earn real money now, but her ability to determine the UK’s future is now zero.

\

Old 10-06-2023, 09:51   #28
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I have to show some solidarity with my Tory, Wokingham compatriot when you lot pounce on him like he had the verbal pox (and I know what’s coming next from you lot).

\
Never mind you'll be rid of him soon...
https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news...next-election/

Be all those poxy immigrants moving in I should think.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:21   #29
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

That Mr K trawls my local press is a sadness in it’s own right!

Old 10-06-2023, 10:59   #30
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I’ve got a leaked first draft of his resignation statement.

Quote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.