Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What do you think happens when we die?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What do you think happens when we die?

Old 02-05-2023, 09:02   #1
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
What do you think happens when we die?

Right, a nice jolly subject to begin Tuesday morning lol...

So, what do you think happens to us when we die?

Do you think you just break down and become compost for the trees growing next to your gravestone?

Do you think you climb those stairs to the gates of heaven as a human being? Or are you transformed into something else when you enter heaven?

Maybe you believe you come back as an animal or are reborn as another baby?

Or possibly you are following in AC/DC footsteps and taking the highway to hell? What do you do in hell and where is it?
And no, your place of work does not count!

Do you think we really have an afterlife?

Let's hear what you think.... Go!

Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2023, 09:16   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What do you think happens when we die?

When I die I will not exist in any form apart from ashes, in my opinion there is no afterlife when I'm gone, dead means dead.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:33   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I will become worm food.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:44   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have had cause to think what will happen after I die several times over the last few years, accepting that I am not an immortal was quite a sobering experience.

Though I may wish that it will be a case of closing one door and going into another room I do find it hard to believe in any form of an afterlife. What I really hope is that I will be remembered kindly, that my ashes will be scattered in my favorite place where, like compost, they can help something grow.

I certainly do not want to be buried leaving any form of memorial that people will feel obliged to visit. Nor do I want my ashes to be be kept in an urn on someones mantlepiece. <<shudder>>

I think my signature just about sums up my feelings.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:01   #5
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

I can't find the quote but I think Lucretius said "Life is a passage between two darknesses - the darkness before our coming into the world and the darkness after our passing out of it. The darkness after gives me no more consternation than the darkness before."
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:06   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

When I look at the infinity and wonder of the universe I struggle to accept the scientific theories on reality, I can not accept that life just happened by pure chance. A single cell splits and becomes 2 cells and so on till eventually as if by magic a heart starts to beat.

I am a Christian although some fellow Christians will not accept me as one but that is a debate I do not want to have on this forum

My belief is that there will be a great tribulation where only true Christians will be left after Armageddon they will be tasked with rebuilding the Earth to an Eden like state while the dead are resurrected and are taught to love God. After 1000 years those who do not accept God along with Satan will cease to exist. There is no Hell in my beliefs

I know most of you will see this as a fairy tale but as I said previously my lack of faith in science pushes me to believe in creation or in the very least intelligent design.

On top of that even if I am wrong and science is right we are energy our body is full of electricity and science tells us energy does not die it simple changes form

If I am wrong then I will never know I am wrong but if I am right I can go ner ner ner to all those who think I am wrong hahaha
Old 02-05-2023, 10:35   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Things happen when you die and after, but you won't be around to experience them.

Religion is just a way of people of coping with mortality. Also gives them an excuse not to make the most out of the life they have.

This is why dogs are so happy. They live in the moment and aren't aware of death. They don't need religion/belief.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:53   #8
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Although brought up as a Christian I have wondered whether there really is an afterlife or if indeed religion is just a way of following rules and being a good citizen with good morals and values with no afterlife at all.

I'd like to know I am close to my family and somewhere that I've always enjoyed.

If there is a heaven, what do we do there? Why has science not told us where it is or more information about it?

I feel as human beings with feelings we need that reassurance that there is somewhere safe and happy to go to. But is it really there!?

Old 02-05-2023, 11:02   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I am a Christian and when I die I will go to spend eternity with Jesus. The specifics, paradise, heaven, new earth are secondary to being with Jesus. My salvation isn't dependant on me but on God's grace. Christ's righteousness is imputed to me and my sin is dealt with by His death and resurrection. Imputed means that God declares me righteous not that I am righteous but He can do that because Jesus has removed my sin onto Himself.

Because of my relationship with Christ I can enjoy the life I live here. I want to please Him so I do the things He wants me to do - love others, do good to others and so on so it's not a dead faith. But my salvation isn't dependent on me doing good, I do good because I am saved. So I do make the most of this life but this life isn't my goal.

I will have a new body, this one isn't worth keeping. But my new body will be recognisably me. There is debate about what age we will be but the Bible doesn't tell us that so best not speculate.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:02   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I feel as human beings with feelings we need that reassurance that there is somewhere safe and happy to go to. But is it really there!?
No it's not there. But it helps many to pretend there is. You aren't in any danger when you're dead, so in that sense you're safe
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:30   #11
Halcyon
Hello !

Very good points from everyone here.

So, my question to christians and others who believe there is a heaven..... Does everyone go to heaven? What happens to murderers or someone who has been having an affair yet they are married?
Do they get forgivven, go to hell?

Old 02-05-2023, 11:36   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

You turn to compost . Just depends on how you are disposed off, as to what type!
Old 02-05-2023, 11:38   #13
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Very good points from everyone here.

So, my question to christians and others who believe there is a heaven..... Does everyone go to heaven? What happens to murderers or someone who has been having an affair yet they are married?
Do they get forgivven, go to hell?

My faith has most staying on Paradise Earth "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven"

Acts 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous"

Both will get the chances to learn and show repentance. I am sure plenty will not of course and they will then simply no longer exist. In my faith there is no eternal damnation or burning in hellfire. Personally I would not want to worship a God who would allow for such a thing
Old 02-05-2023, 11:38   #14
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

You get made into compost
Old 02-05-2023, 11:51   #15
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post
I can't find the quote but I think Lucretius said "Life is a passage between two darknesses - the darkness before our coming into the world and the darkness after our passing out of it. The darkness after gives me no more consternation than the darkness before."
Also Ricky Gervais:

Quote:
You did not exist for about 14 billion years. You exist now & when you die you will not exist again. Forever. Enjoy your existing years

"So what do you think being dead feels like?"

You know what it felt like for the billions of years before you were born? Exactly like that.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
My faith has most staying on Paradise Earth "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven"

Acts 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous"

Both will get the chances to learn and show repentance. I am sure plenty will not of course and they will then simply no longer exist. In my faith there is no eternal damnation or burning in hellfire. Personally I would not want to worship a God who would allow for such a thing
But how do you get to be so selective?

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
When I look at the infinity and wonder of the universe I struggle to accept the scientific theories on reality, I can not accept that life just happened by pure chance. A single cell splits and becomes 2 cells and so on till eventually as if by magic a heart starts to beat.

I am a Christian although some fellow Christians will not accept me as one but that is a debate I do not want to have on this forum

My belief is that there will be a great tribulation where only true Christians will be left after Armageddon they will be tasked with rebuilding the Earth to an Eden like state while the dead are resurrected and are taught to love God. After 1000 years those who do not accept God along with Satan will cease to exist. There is no Hell in my beliefs

I know most of you will see this as a fairy tale but as I said previously my lack of faith in science pushes me to believe in creation or in the very least intelligent design.

On top of that even if I am wrong and science is right we are energy our body is full of electricity and science tells us energy does not die it simple changes form

If I am wrong then I will never know I am wrong but if I am right I can go ner ner ner to all those who think I am wrong hahaha
If you cannot understand or comprehend how something works, evolved, etc. this does not mean you have to then impose a deific origin. It just means that you do are not able to comprehend the solution. It does not means there isn't one.