Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do you store your Banking passwords?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How do you store your Banking passwords?

Old 26-10-2022, 15:18   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: How do you store your Banking passwords?

I wish Bitwarden had 2fa so when I put in the master password I had to accept it on my phone, I did this on last pass.

Edit

it looks like it does.

Edit 2

I enabled it but it doesn't seem to do anything when logging into the mobile app, must be doing something wrong it only seems to request the Authenticator when logging in directly to the Bitwarden site, can't see how this would be useful to me as i want the 2fa when logging into Bitwarden app on PC and Mobile.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 26-10-2022 at 16:14.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2022, 09:24   #17
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

I store banking pass worlds in my head
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2022, 12:10   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I store banking pass worlds in my head
I only do that with my current account, all others far too complex.
Old 23-12-2022, 00:24   #19
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://arstechnica.com/information-...customer-info/

FYI

Quote:
LastPass, one of the leading password managers, said that hackers obtained a wealth of personal information belonging to its customers as well as encrypted and cryptographically hashed passwords and other data stored in customer vaults.

The revelation, posted on Thursday, represents a dramatic update to a breach LastPass disclosed in August. At the time, the company said that a threat actor gained unauthorized access through a single compromised developer account to portions of the password manager's development environment and "took portions of source code and some proprietary LastPass technical information." The company said at the time that customers’ master passwords, encrypted passwords, personal information, and other data stored in customer accounts weren't affected.

In Thursday’s update, the company said hackers accessed personal information and related metadata, including company names, end-user names, billing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and IP addresses customers used to access LastPass services. The hackers also copied a backup of customer vault data that included unencrypted data such as website URLs and encrypted data fields such as website usernames and passwords, secure notes, and form-filled data.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2022, 02:36   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

You missed the important notes ..

Quote:
These encrypted fields remain secured with 256-bit AES encryption and can only be decrypted with a unique encryption key derived from each user’s master password using our Zero Knowledge architecture
Quote:
As a reminder, the master password is never known to LastPass and is not stored or maintained by LastPass. The encryption and decryption of data is performed only on the local LastPass client.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2022, 02:58   #21
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

keeppass. same with pins.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 14:23   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I am currently unable to access my Bitwarden account ;
Quote:
An error has occurred.
Traffic from your network looks unusual. Connect to a different network or try again later.
This is absolutely ridiculous, blocking me from my own passwords.

I'm currently unable to login to my B.Gas account as BW was the only place I have the password stored, same with many other recent sites.
I will be exporting all my data as soon as they fix this block, and looking for an alternative, I previously used LastPass, and may end up going back to them.

Old 05-05-2023, 15:31   #23
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Well consider I only need to remember one bank code to use an ATM it's not an issue. Otherwise why not use your PC to do your banking on other occasions.

I much prefer using the banks dedicated app on my phone as with a computer not only could there be malicious software on the machine such as a keylogger, you could end up on a different site imitating your bank alltogether.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 15:57   #24
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I am currently unable to access my Bitwarden account ;

This is absolutely ridiculous, blocking me from my own passwords.

I'm currently unable to login to my B.Gas account as BW was the only place I have the password stored, same with many other recent sites.
I will be exporting all my data as soon as they fix this block, and looking for an alternative, I previously used LastPass, and may end up going back to them.
It's working OK for me
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 16:33   #25
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

No issues accessing the bitwarden app on my phone but not sure if that would be affected if the main site is down.
Old 05-05-2023, 17:03   #26
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

keeppass.

the keeppass unlock code is stored in my head.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 17:31   #27
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You must have very few passwords and not very good ones.

Mine are all like sjfh5737&£djgng apart from my banking and I never reuse a password.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Same here with NatWest which is why I only partially write them down.
Just noticed this. Have all my passwords in my head , however I do not have that many sites i need them for. Was told many years ago that if you remember an artist per site ,then think of a line of a song you like by them , putting in a 4 digit number in the middle with a symbol in front and rear and use that, never had a problem to date!!!! But also have VPN , anti this and that . Honesty they are very different for each site ,.however most I wouldn't to use at all if I didn't have to ,do I care if someone can get on my pets at home site! also nothing is stored on any m.c

Last edited by Itshim; 05-05-2023 at 17:35.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 18:46   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
It's working OK for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No issues accessing the bitwarden app on my phone but not sure if that would be affected if the main site is down.
Its not saying the main site is down, its saying I'm trying to login from a "network" it considers dodgy, and has blocked it (i.e. my normal Virgin Media IP).

The mere fact they can just block my access for some random reason is a huge red flag for me.

Old 05-05-2023, 23:21   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Its not saying the main site is down, its saying I'm trying to login from a "network" it considers dodgy, and has blocked it (i.e. my normal Virgin Media IP).

The mere fact they can just block my access for some random reason is a huge red flag for me.
You had me concerned so tried logging in via browser using VM, no issues here luckily.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:35   #30
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Why not ? I do, and have no worries about it.
You cant do anything without a bloody code being sent to your phone these days anyway.
Scammers are getting cleverer and 2 step verification is no longer foolproof.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote