Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

[GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Old 13-06-2010, 15:49   #91
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

I've reverted to build 14311, because the link hanging issue I was having with 14537 got too annoying. I can live with the unusual lights for better performing firmware.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2010, 17:50   #92
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
I've reverted to build 14311, because the link hanging issue I was having with 14537 got too annoying. I can live with the unusual lights for better performing firmware.
well the lights are very minor anyway because you can run a command to turn them off, they only come on reboot or if the wan drops.

I have no link hanging issues but I'm using wired, my laptop over wireless is connecting via my adsl router.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 10:30   #93
mjpartyboy
Inactive

I upgraded from build 14311 to 14594 a couple of days ago and am pleased with the results so far. It's performing better than the other builds in between, but I do still get the have-to-click-a-link-more-than-once thing occasionally.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:18   #94
KBHammer
Inactive

Services: VIP 50
KBHammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
I upgraded from build 14311 to 14594 a couple of days ago and am pleased with the results so far. It's performing better than the other builds in between, but I do still get the have-to-click-a-link-more-than-once thing occasionally.
Likewise on 14594 now for 48 hours. Stable and no issues over the couple of days, and no having to click a link more than once for me, but I've never had that on any build.
KBHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 15:00   #95
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Has anyone tried DD WRT on the D4 version of the 615 router supplied by Virgin?

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 16:13   #96
mjpartyboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Has anyone tried DD WRT on the D4 version of the 615 router supplied by Virgin?
People have reported it working successfully on the DD-WRT forums. Obviously you install it at your own risk though.
Old 29-06-2010, 12:04   #97
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Once you have upgraded to the DD WRT firmware, do you still need to update using both files dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin and dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin, my linksys only needed one file to upgrade with when a new firmware was released so getting a bit confused on why there is two files to download each time.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 17:18   #98
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

just the ddwrt-webflash after the first time.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 10:43   #99
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that
Old 04-07-2010, 15:49   #100
bym007
Inactive

bym007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have upgraded to 50 Meg yesterday, and upgraded my 615-d4 to dd-wrt rev14594 straight away, but I am unable to achieve 50 Meg over wired.

Has anyone achieved that ?

I have not enabled any other featues, but will use bandwidth shaping/QoS later when basics work.
bym007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 16:03   #101
mjpartyboy
Inactive

DD-WRT is exhibiting some unusual behaviour: If I'm in the same room as the router or the room directly above the one where the router is I have problems with links opening with one click. When I'm anywhere else it's fine.
Old 06-07-2010, 21:51   #102
simporis
Inactive

simporis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone.

I am having trouble here. I can do a 30/30/30 (hard) reset and I upload the appropriate factory ddwrt firmware, and the emergency room page says Everything is fine. But after that I cannot access the router at all in order to flash the next file. everytime i enter the routers address IE says 'cannot display the webpage'
I have even tried flashing the official d-link firmware, and exactly the same thing happens.
I know its probably a laymen mistake, but I cant figure out whats going wrong.
Any help would be gladly appreciated, as my girlfriend is getting very angry with me over our poor wifi signal, and I need a bridge!

I am running Vista, flashing a DIR-615 D2 with 'dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin' ddwrt firmware
simporis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09   #103
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

The router IP will have set to 192.168.1.1 so if your on a different subnet on your PC (ie 192.168.2.x) then you won't be able to 'see' it.

Make sure your IP is set correctly (Hopefully you know how to do this)!
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:54   #104
simporis
Inactive

simporis is an unknown quantity at this point

I set my laptop to a static IP of 192.168.0.2, then I get the emergency room on 192.168.0.1, but after that I cannot log on to 192.168.0.1, I just get 'cannot display this page'
I have tried putting my IP back to automatic, and I have tried changing the gateway and DNS to 192.168.1.1
I have tried doing soft resets and hard resets after flashing, but still the same problem

I have also tried changing my static IP to 192.168.1.2 after flashing
simporis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:24   #105
royaltiger
Inactive

As Acathla says just check your ip address again, in my case it was a newly assigned address and i assumed it was still on the old ip address. I checked the ipconfig and then realised.