Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ Boxes have the wrong time.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky+ Boxes have the wrong time.

Old 01-11-2021, 17:44   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Sky+ Boxes have the wrong time.

So we noticed yesterday that one of our boxes had the right time, the others had not switched from summer time.
Having searched all through the settings (and engineering settings) I could not find anything to actually set the time.

So we left them overnight again, to see if it fixed itself.
It didnt, so we went to plan B (Google !) and found this.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/01/sky-b...nged-15521143/

It seems Sky have made a blunder (aka "Technical issue") and we are stuck with this for the next few days.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2021, 18:12   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sky+ Boxes have the wrong time.

I didn't think these boxes still received software updates, but I'm guessing that was the cause.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 18:54   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So we noticed yesterday that one of our boxes had the right time, the others had not switched from summer time.
Having searched all through the settings (and engineering settings) I could not find anything to actually set the time.

It seems Sky have made a blunder (aka "Technical issue") and we are stuck with this for the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I didn't think these boxes still received software updates, but I'm guessing that was the cause.
Hope to be fix by Thursday

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/sky-clock-...ed-within-days
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 20:12   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Hope to be fix by Thursday
I "hope" to win the lottery on Wednesday ....

Fortunately, the article is slightly more reassuring ;

Quote:
Sky has promised a fix will be delivered to all affected Sky+ receivers via an over-the-air software patch.
This is currently due to be delivered by Thursday 4th November 2021.

Old 01-11-2021, 20:22   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I wonder if it affected Digiboxes. I never noticed earlier.

After all this time you'd think the box wouldn't have changed in any way software-wise to haved a software problem rear its head now.

If the clock had been delivered by satellite signal and someone at Sky HQ had switched it off, not realising it was still used, I'd be more inclined to believe that.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 13:22   #6
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I "hope" to win the lottery on Wednesday ....

Fortunately, the article is slightly more reassuring ;
I have been told you will win lotto - but not until the 6th of June in 2066.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Quote:

It been fixed at Sky HQ - But if viewers want GMT time before Thursday you will need to reboot your box.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-11-2021, 22:56   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It been fixed at Sky HQ - But if viewers want GMT time before Thursday you will need to reboot your box.
Nope.

Rebooted both affected boxes, both are still wrong.

Old 03-11-2021, 13:44   #8
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Nope.

Rebooted both affected boxes, both are still wrong.
Info I give yesterday was posted on DS Forum.

Sky+ boxes are updated every Thursday (Source: DS Forum)
Old 03-11-2021, 15:18   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Info I give yesterday was posted on DS Forum.

Sky+ boxes are updated every Thursday (Source: DS Forum)
Could you clarify something MB please? Are you saying Sky+ boxes (still) get firmware updates every week? Or that, Thursday is simply the designated day for firmware updates? Or that it's EPG-type data that gets updated on Thursdays (obv topped up dynamically)?
Old 03-11-2021, 15:25   #10
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Could you clarify something MB please? Are you saying Sky+ boxes (still) get firmware updates every week? Or that, Thursday is simply the designated day for firmware updates? Or that it's EPG-type data that gets updated on Thursdays (obv topped up dynamically)?
Well rscott did post the following on DS Forum yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott on DS Forum View Post
The DR stream has been updated, so a forced update will fix this now. Otherwise, it'll automatically update early Thursday morning.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-november-2021 (See post 14)
Old 03-11-2021, 18:30   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well rscott did post the following on DS Forum yesterday.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-november-2021 (See post 14)
Ta. The Radiomike post below it confirms it being a software update.
Old 03-11-2021, 19:11   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

One of my two affected boxes updated today, the other is still wrong.