Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DSL Wireless Router Suggestion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DSL Wireless Router Suggestion

Old 11-09-2009, 15:59   #1
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all
DSL Wireless Router Suggestion

Hi all. My current router (Bufallo something or other) does not have the strength to reach the end of my back garden. What DSL wireless routers (no modem needed) would you suggest I look at?

Cheers
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 16:11   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DSL Wireless Router Suggestion

Moved to networking
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 18:25   #3
chrome009
Permanently Banned

chrome009 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a router that can offers long coverage
take a look at Belkin n+.
the router signal can reach 600 feet easily , that's better than all routers in the market
it offers also decent features for a low price (about 80$)

Old 14-09-2009, 07:55   #4
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

wouldn't bother with belkin they are complete rubbish and not cheap rubbish at that if you search this forum you will see how many people have had problems with belkin and that speaks for itself ,
if you want a good router then i would recommend a d-link DIR-655 or the DIR-855 i have had both and they are excellent, nice to look at too

But please don't waste your money, you will only be back on here complaining how poor Belkin are
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 13:44   #5
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I bought a belkin G+ router for my dad about 6months ago and we've had no problems with it so far. Your Mileage May Vary however.

I would also vote for the D-Link DIR-655/855's. I'm in the process of purchasing a 655 at the moment. Though they are a bit more expensive £90@Ebuyer so it really depends on your budget.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote