Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost Girl - season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lost Girl - season 1

Old 13-09-2011, 16:08   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Lost Girl - season 1

What do you think of it so far? it's growing on me, though I think Kenzi's going to end up stealing the show. Her one-liner in ep 2 had me in stitches:

"Not everyone here is a nookie-powered Amazon!"

- loved it. Here's hoping they keep it up.
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2011, 23:11   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Lost Girl - season 1

I've changed the prefix to "UK timeline", as I assume you're talking about the current season 1 broadcasts on Syfy UK?

They do indeed keep it up. Season 1 gets even better, and the second season just recently started airing in Canada, for an extended run of 22 episodes instead of 13.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 02:36   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, Season 1 was excellent.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 13:43   #4
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Oh, that's good news! And the fact that there's a second season is even better!

Is it possible that network execs are learning from their Firefly mistake? Is it possible that they'll stop cancelling good SF/fantasy series? We can but hope.
Old 15-09-2011, 16:16   #5
wdfortyplus
Inactive

wdfortyplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Love LOST GIRL on syfy! Glad to know there is a second series too.
wdfortyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 19:51   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Is it possible that network execs are learning from their Firefly mistake? Is it possible that they'll stop cancelling good SF/fantasy series? We can but hope. [/FONT]
Unlikely. Lost Girl is Canadian.

The US networks (main and cable) still seem to enjoy cancelling SF/fantasy/"cult" shows.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 15:26   #7
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, they didn't cancel Lexx - which they might have on account of it being utterly weird. Excellent, but weird.
Old 29-10-2011, 15:27   #8
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

I've only just watched episode 8...and I was blown away.

I was hoping and praying that Bo and Lauren would get it on, and that look she gave Lauren early in the episode just smouldered; the chemistry between them has been sizzling since day one, and it was played so well. Hot as hell and tasteful at the same time, with a very nice background track (Madman, Clara Klein, who I'd never heard of before this but I've just now downloaded the track from Amazon).

Such a shame Lauren was treated as the Ash's whore, wasn't it? I wonder if Bo can forgive her? I hope so - apart from the fact that I'm sure Lauren's feelings for Bo are genuine (and the Ash, of course, was making use of that), Lauren might be seeing the bigger picture in accepting the Ash's protection. Suppose she lost that protection and was taken by the Dark Fae? Who knows what uses they'd make of her knowledge? Creating bioweapons lethal to humans but harmless to Fae? New exotic creatures? It's better for everyone if she remains under that protection...even if it means being, effectively, a slave.

And hurting Bo in the process, who does not need or deserve that. I'm hoping the writers will show a little compassion and let them work this out; they make a really cute couple.

They also need to get rid of Kenzi's curly blonde hair thing she's got goin' on! How the hell did that happen?!
Old 14-11-2011, 15:46   #9
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Could you believe the Morrigan's dress? Sprayed on or what? No way was she wearing anything under that! There wasn't room!

And Bo seems to be getting over her mad; she was quite civil towards Lauren. I'm hoping they'll kiss and make up. And...so on.
Old 14-11-2011, 15:55   #10
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Loved series 1 and loving series 2 even more
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:41   #11
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Re ep 12 - oh, dear, oh dear. I know our three stalwarts needed disguises, but it was a tossup for me as to who scared me the most - Kenzi with a flower in her hair, Dyson in a (shudder) polo shirt, or Bo in orange, or was it pink? Frightening either way. Black really is her colour. She looks wrong in anything else.

Except possibly that fetching little tennis number...

And as for Saskia turning up again - and trying to steal Dyson, just when he's decided to do the decent thing and commit to Bo? I have a horrible feeling I know what her stake in all this is. I hope I'm wrong, 'cause it'll freak Bo out if I'm not. Mind you, I can envisage her carving a path of utter destruction through anyone who gets in her way once she finds out who's been keeping secrets from her...

Before the advent of DVDs I'd be saying 'it's finishing next week! Waah!', but the DVD release is imminent, so there's that and Season 2 to look forward to! Yay!
Old 26-11-2011, 13:38   #12
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

I haven't seen the last episode yet; that'll be tonight or tomorrow night - my dad records it for me to watch when I visit at the weekend. Just for the hell of it, I'm going to state what I think Saskia is:

Spoiler: 
I reckon she's Bo's mother!

- it'll be interesting to say the least to see if I'm right!
Old 28-11-2011, 13:47   #13
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, there we have it - and I was right!

It didn't go as I expected, though; Bo was amazingly calm...for once. There's hope yet for her and Lauren; that 'please come back safe' kiss was clearly spontaneous and very touching. Shame we have to wait for season 2 to hear Lauren's side of it, assuming we do and the writers don't take the lazy way out by showing them having had their talk offscreen. I hate it when writers do that. Those two work; they deserve a chance.

And Bo just cannot catch a break! She's found and lost her mother, she's lost Dyson just as she finally got him...but at least he proved his feelings for her. She'll hopefully have Lauren's shoulder to cry on when she finds out - and Kenzi watching her back when she takes on the Norn, as she doubtless will...unwise though that may be. I rather suspect the Norn is one of the most ancient Fae, with the oldest, wildest magic. Not to be messed with unless you've a damn good reason.

Is Saskia dead? I very much doubt it. Who was that guy carrying her? What was he planning to do with her? Fae medical treatment, maybe? Zombification? Like Kenzi with that delicious dragon guard quip, I wouldn't put anything past the Fae.

Loved the ultimate bitch fight, though - those two gave it everything they had! Great stuff - Kenzi and Hale should've been there, they could've have fun betting on the outcome!

I was half expecting Trick to do a Darth Vader: 'Bo...I am your father.' It seems a bit obvious, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until January to find out!
Old 01-12-2011, 16:17   #14
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

How did I miss commenting on Bo's leather pants? Rowf!

And what's with Kenzi's waist?! Is she trying out for burlesque, or is that her natural shape? Either way - wow, those curves!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49   #15
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

We'll need a new thread soon - Season 2 starts on Thursday 12th! Yay!