Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 28-06-2021, 23:11   #5446
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

There’s no doubt that the later MCU films lose what thin veneer of plausibility the early ones might have had in the way their technology was portrayed. By the time you get to Infinity War/Endgame it’s outright science fiction. But for my money they’re probably truer to the spirit of the comic books for all that. Iron Man might just about have been set in our world. By the time you get to Black Panther, you know this is all somewhere else. From a production perspective though it’s also simpler. Iron Man 2 makes great comedy out of Tony trying to get Pepper to throw him the suit-case while he’s being attacked on the race track in Monaco in IM2, but when Ebony Maw appears in New York at the start of Infinty War there’s really no need, from a production point of view, to spend a lot of time focusing on how Tony gets into the suit. Rather the action demands we just get straight past that and onto the fighting. So the nanotech suit helps drive the story in that sense.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2021, 08:46   #5447
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I loved that moment and I can even remember commenting on it in this thread all those years ago . It was so cool. I remember sitting in the cinema, you knew all hell was breaking loose and he walked down the street, tugged the cords on his hoodie and you saw the nano suit start to form. I had the biggest smile on my face and said "**** yeah". Time to kick ass..........
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 22:17   #5448
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The Tomorrow War - 7/10

Actually turned out to be much better than I was expecting.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:27   #5449
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I'll agree with that. The time travelling bit was killing me to start off with but then they explained it so it's all good. I would describe the film as a cross between Starship Troopers and Edge of Tomorrow and on par quality wise with Geostorm/Greenland.
Old 05-07-2021, 13:41   #5450
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

A blast back to the early 90's but absolutely loved the concept of the choices we make and the impact it has on our lives in "Sliding Doors".

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 19:40   #5451
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Rewatched the Grand Budapest Hotel: 9/10. Love this film. It's just as fun and enjoyable as I remember every time I watch it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:03   #5452
General Maximus
Ran Away

Infinite: 6/10

A good generic scifi action film along the lines of Altered Carbon. Worth a watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I would have been happy seeing it at the cinema
Old 08-07-2021, 00:19   #5453
General Maximus
Ran Away

Black Widow: 7/10

For some reason I thought this was about her adventures before she joined The Avengers (i.e. a sort of prequel movie) but it isn't. It fits perfects in the MCU and within the timeline. A good quality action movie and where it lacked in scifi glitz and glamour due to the lack of the other adventures it made up for in novel action scenes and different gizzits. It did try in places but it wasn't as humourous as Marvel films normally are.

Still, a welcome addition to the MCU, it has been a long time coming and added some detail and backstory for a main character and you can never have too much of Scarlett Johansson.

There is one post credits scene and it is right at the end of the movie so you'll need to be patient. It is worth waiting for though as it sets something up for the future and if you don't watch this scene you might be scratching your head when it happens and wondering why.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:44   #5454
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Infinite: 6/10

A good generic scifi action film along the lines of Altered Carbon. Worth a watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I would have been happy seeing it at the cinema
watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it 8/10 for me
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 12:43   #5455
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So are we saying 'Tomorrow War' and 'Infinite' are a good watch?
Old 08-07-2021, 12:50   #5456
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So are we saying 'Tomorrow War' and 'Infinite' are a good watch?
I am saying this but accept others views may differ hehehe
Old 08-07-2021, 13:38   #5457
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I am saying this but accept others views may differ hehehe
I'll fire Tomorrow War up later and see how it goes, or watch Loki or Justified.
Old 08-07-2021, 17:43   #5458
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

At the weekend on TV (Download 1080p) Apollo 13.

Rated 7.6 at IMDB

I'd say 8/10. Well executed docu-drama without too much schmaltz. Factually correct and very enjoyable.
Old 09-07-2021, 00:00   #5459
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just watched The Tomorrow War and I also really enjoyed it, so a solid 8/10 from me.
Old 09-07-2021, 15:48   #5460
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Black Widow and it is so good 9 / 10 this is what a Janet Bond 008 movie should look like