Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Old 20-07-2021, 14:26   #16
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post

Just leave and go onto giffgaff and take a new number

They should never have ended your previous package till they could start your new one. This is truly awful service
Wouldn't that cost me a fortune? With around 5 months left?
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2021, 14:41   #17
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
Wouldn't that cost me a fortune? With around 5 months left?
If they can not supply you with what you are contracted to how can the contract be valid? well that is my arguement anyway
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 21:00   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I moved a few months ago and do not regret it so far.
I moved to Sky well over a year ago now, never looked back.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 22:38   #19
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
got the zero charge cap in place in the settings

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Just leave and go onto giffgaff and take a new number
Have 5 girls living with me at the moment .don't ask but thanks covid . And student landlords. All say that giffgaff and smarty ? Are slower than the parent company . Lost me after a few minutes. 2 votes O2 one liked Tesco and the 2 went for EE l give in !!!!!
Old 21-07-2021, 13:37   #20
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

New SIM card arrived today.

Hands up who thinks it worked?
Old 21-07-2021, 13:54   #21
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
New SIM card arrived today.

Hands up who thinks it worked?
No or you would not have asked
Old 21-07-2021, 14:11   #22
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
No or you would not have asked
Course it didn't. Virgin are absolutely flummoxed as to what the problem is. I just spent 89 minutes on a call to an agent. Half way through the call, she suggested I take the SIM card out and wipe it. I started crying.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

The wife's phone works fine on an EE tower. I put the sim in hers and there's a vastly reduced signal, no mobile data, BUT there is 'Virgin' under Network operators which isn't the case on mine.

They've suggested that the phone may have been corrupted and it's just a massive coincidence that it happened at exactly the same moment that I got a text saying my plan had changed last Saturday morning. This all despite 2 previous virgin agents admitting to me that my service / sim was deactivated last week and couldn't be restored. They have said to factory restore my phone and wait for a call back from a manager.
Old 21-07-2021, 14:54   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

New SIMs are on the Vodafone radio network, not EE which is why the signal is different. Mobile data should work still though as long as the phone has the Virgin Mobile APN settings.

On your A50 if you go to Setting > About phone > Software information what's the 'Service provider software version'?
Old 21-07-2021, 15:40   #24
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmcr View Post
new sims are on the vodafone radio network, not ee which is why the signal is different. Mobile data should work still though as long as the phone has the virgin mobile apn settings.

On your a50 if you go to setting > about phone > software information what's the 'service provider software version'?
saomc_sm-a505fn_oxm_btu_rr_0006btu/btu,btu/btu
Old 21-07-2021, 15:51   #25
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That rules out the thing I was thinking in that had firmware from another region on it which is why it was thinking that the SIM was a roaming one.

But 'BTU' is the version Samsung issue in the UK as SIM free/unlocked so should be fine for any Virgin Mobile SIM.
Old 21-07-2021, 16:11   #26
smallclone
cf.geek

Thanks for trying. Registering on Virgin network improves my signal a bit now. Even though the agent said I should be on Vodafone network. But the vodafone reception is nil and the R appears over the signal bars again.

Mobile data has not worked since Saturday morning.

I may just phone giff gaff up and ask them what they can do for me. Even if I have to pay in full for my handset contract to be up it will mean I am off this godforsaken carrier.
Old 21-07-2021, 16:16   #27
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

With a Virgin Mobile SIM, it replaces the radio network it uses in the manual network list.

So for SIMs on the EE network, you won't see EE in the list as that's what Virgin Mobile will be, but would see Vodafone.

For SIMs on the Vodafone network, you wouldn't see Vodafone, but would see EE.
Old 21-07-2021, 16:20   #28
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Thanks for trying. Registering on Virgin network improves my signal a bit now. Even though the agent said I should be on Vodafone network. But the vodafone reception is nil and the R appears over the signal bars again.

Mobile data has not worked since Saturday morning.

I may just phone giff gaff up and ask them what they can do for me. Even if I have to pay in full for my handset contract to be up it will mean I am off this godforsaken carrier.
you can just do giffgaff through the web they send you a sim you choose a goodybag and you are set

If you are still in the cooling off period you will not have to pay VM anything. Plus it is not working so again they are in breach of their aspect of the contract as they are not providing you a service
Old 21-07-2021, 16:39   #29
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
Plus it is not working so again they are in breach of their aspect of the contract as they are not providing you a service
They have denied this though and are now saying the problem looks like a faulty phone.

I'm back on a rolling tarriff now at least (cancelled the 100GB plan as was in the cooling off period) - although that doesn't start until 17 August apparently! As that was the earliest they could change it.

I'd really prefer to keep this number, as it's used on so many of my things.
Old 21-07-2021, 16:50   #30
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
They have denied this though and are now saying the problem looks like a faulty phone.

I'm back on a rolling tarriff now at least (cancelled the 100GB plan as was in the cooling off period) - although that doesn't start until 17 August apparently! As that was the earliest they could change it.

I'd really prefer to keep this number, as it's used on so many of my things.
put the sim in the phone that worked a bit and get your pak code. Order the giffgaff sim and when it comes and activated use the pak code to change the number